Chapter 48 ♤ : Girls' Generation

Please listen to the songs that I attached to the chapter while reading~ thanksss ♡

-

Taeyeon

Realisation hits me, shattering the emotions from before like glass, and I awkwardly break away from Baekhyun's embrace. He notices my reaction and let's his hands drop from my shoulders. "Sorry." He murmurs, "I didn't me-"
"No. I-it's fine." I say, avoiding eye contact with him.
"Taeyeo-"
"I'm going in now. See you later." I mutter quickly before rushing off, my hand against pressed against my heated cheek, hardly believing the fact that I kissed a guy I only just met. I walk up a flight of stairs before leaning against the wall and sinking down to the ground, shaking.

"Oh my god... what have I done.." I groan, curling up into a ball. My heart pounds againsts my chest as I remember what happened. I can't believe I just let him do that... take my first kiss and.. I don't even know him. I just let some random guy take my first kiss...

I poke my head at the side of the window to see if Baekhyun is still there. To my surprise, he is. Standing and staring up at the apartments. I sit there and stare at him, making sure to stay hidden.

For the first time, I realise how beautiful he is. His eyes gleaming in the moonlight, the soft glow showing his perfect features, the broadness of his shoulders... everything is so perfect.

Baekhyun, lets out a sigh, pain clouding his face and he bites his lip, he drops his head down before turning away, disappearing into shadows.
Guilt stabs me in the chest, I feel horrible at how I just left him there after the kiss. I should've done something or said something more than, "I'm going in now."

Standing up slowly, I take the elevator up to my dorm and go to bed, letting the darkness suck away all my worries and emotions for just a while.

-

Weeks have past since the last time I've seen Baekhyun. Okay, maybe I've seen him from time to time at the company, but we haven't talked. He has tried to approach me, but he never got the chance because either one of his members or his manager call him.

But I honestly don't have the time to worry about the situation between us right now. In a few days, the girls and I will be debuting, I need to make sure that nothing messes me up.

----

Day of debut

I wasn't able to sleep all night from the excitement. Finally, I am finally able to achieve my dream, and being able to walk the journey with all the members is something I'm extremely grateful for. We've been through so much together, our bond is unbreakable, for all I know, no matter what happens, Girls' Generation is going to stay together forever. Even if we don't become famous, our friendship will last, and I will do everything to keep us together as the leader.

The loud roar of cheers from the crowd makes my stomach knot tightly, I don't think I've been this nervous in my whole life.
"I believe in you girls, go and show them what you've got!" Our managers says encouragingly, "Yes!" We all shout together. All the hard work we put into this will hopefully pay off.

Someone opens the door and pokes their head in, "Girls, you have five minutes until your stage. Please go out to the back now, thanks."
All of us take shaky breaths before heading out, the screaming of fans become much more audible, making my heart pound furiously against my chest.

Jessica grips onto my hand, "We'll be able to do this." She reassures us, "Everything's going to be fine."
I give her a smile, starting to get pumped for our performance.

The nine of us stand anxiously backstage, hand in hand. This is it. Today is the day.
"Girls' Generation! You need to go up now, your stage is in 30 seconds!" One of the staff shouts at us, trying to make himself clear through all the cheering.
The members and I put our hands in a circle for one last time and shout, "Fighting!" Before running up on stage.

The cold air hits me in the face as I face massive crowd filled with thousands of people. I push the nervousness away and get into my position, trying to calm myself down.

The next few mintues is an absolute blur, too focused on the performance to worry about anything else. What has been minutes feel only like seconds and our song finishes. The roaring cheer from fans shakes the stadium and we get off the stage, hearts soaring high above, that felt amazing...

Tears press against my eyes, this all seems like a dream, too perfect to be true. All the hard work for this was worth it, we step back into our waiting room, and all of us break into happy tears, pulling each other in for a big hug.
It's not soon before our parents come in with proud smiling faces.
"Mum, Dad!" I call out, their attention swirl around to me and they smile brightly.
"Taeyeon-ah, you did such a good job out there, we're so proud of you." My mum says, tears filling her eyes.
I don't say anything and hug them, tears spilling out uncontrolablly.

-

Honestly speaking, I didn't expect tonight to be filled with so much tears, but I guess it's just knowing how all the hardships we went through were worth it.

My phone screen lights up, displaying a message from an unknown number. My heart almost stops.

Congratulations on your debut
Do you want to meet me up at the rooftop?
I'll be waiting.
- Baekhyun

A part of me is oddly excited to meet him again. Taking my coat and purse I go to the door.

"Taeyeon, where are you going?" Sooyoung asks while munching on a chicken drumstick.
"I'm just going to meet someone for a while, you guys can eat without me. I'll get back to the dorm by myself."
The members all look at me suspiciously, but they nod their heads.

I head up the stairs to the rooftop and swing open the door, glancing around to see if Baekhyun is here. Then I spot him, sitting on a block, facing towards the breath-taking sight of Seoul. Cans of beer and boxes of chicken lay next to him. Straightening out my clothes and patting down my hair, I make my way to him.
"Hi." I greet, he looks at me and smiles.
"Hi, Taeyeon. Congratulations on your debut." He says, his cheeks are slightly red, he looks almost... drunk.
"Are you alright?"
He nods his head and chuckles, "Of course."
Nope, he's definitely drunk.

He takes my wrist and tugs me down next to him, popping open a can of beer and handing it to me. I take a tiny sip, the bitterness stinging my throat, making my mouth go dry.
Baekhyun takes a big gulp from his can and swallows it down, hard. His eyes focused on the view of the city.
"Taeyeon..." he whispers.
"Yes?"
He remains silent for a while, "You must be happy right?" his voice is mixed with pain and sorrow, the usual happy glint in his eyes is gone.
"Baekhyun-ssi, are you alright?" I ask once more, this time leaning forward to get a better view of his face. My heart clenches into a tight ball. His expression looks stricken with grief, and the bags drooping under his eyes are darker than ever.
"What happened...?"
Baekhyun laughs a little, but it's not one of joy or happiness, the laugh is empty, lacking of emotion.
His eyes tear up as he turns to face me. The sight of him being like this makes me in pain.
"Kris hyung... he's.." he drops his head down and several drops of tears fall onto his clothes, "he's leaving."

-

ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ ㅠㅠ
#oneyearwithoutkris
I miss him so much guys :'(
Luhan and jessica as well ㅠㅠ
Stupid Kim young min.

Anyway, vote and comment if you enjoyed this chapter ^ ^

Author-nim ♡