Chapter 60 ☆ : Bang

Please listen to the songs attached to this chapter when reading!

D-Day, SMTOWN Concert, 7:30pm.
(Warning: some swearing in this chapter)

Baekhyun

Ever since that encounter with Jaesung, I haven't been able to get a wink of sleep. Most of my nights have consisted of twisting and turning in bed and being worried sick about the people who are close to me.

What is Jaesung's plan? That has been the only thing in my mind. I've been contacting detective Choi about the issue. We have late night calls, talking about Jaesung and the whole stalking and threatening problem. He's sent out police search parties, trying to find Jaesung, but there hasn't been any luck.

It really makes me wonder where the hell he's hiding. Being able to dodge the police for such a long time takes skill, especially when you escaped from jail.

My members have noticed my uneasiness, they've tried to do something but I've been telling them that 'everything is fine'. I don't want them to know. I can't let them know, because if they do find out... I'm scared of having more people in danger, and more people I care about being taken away from me.

I already let it happen once and I'm not going to let it happen again.

What ever Jaesung is going to do, I'm going stop him. Even if it means putting myself in danger.

"EXO! Your performance is in 10 minutes, please proceed to the stage." Says a staff member.

Chanyeol's tap on my shoulder snaps me out of my thoughts. I only just realise I've been biting my fingernail a bit too hard, a small amount of blood oozes out from the tip.

"Are you alright, Baekhyun?" He says with an extremely worried face.

"Y-yeah I'm fine." I shrug, quickly hiding my bleeding finger in my pocket. Chanyeol gives me another concerned look, but I smile at him, "Nothing's going on man, don't be so worried about me all the time!" I try to sound cheerful while patting him on the back, but deep inside I start to feel angry that no one will leave me alone.

"Okay I believe you. But Baekhyun, you know if there's anything that you need help with, all the members and I are here for you." He exhales, "Look, I know you're really upset about Kris and the others leaving, but you know they have their reaso-"

"I GET IT!" I shout, suddenly snapping, feeling really tired about all this shit that's going on, "I understand! And for f*ck's sake, there's more I need to worry about than some people leaving this group. The more the merrier... Less people to worry about getting hurt." I mutter under my breath, although I instantly regret saying the last part because it's a lie.

I push past Chanyeol and head out to the stage, all the other members follow behind, obviously shocked to see me like this. I rarely loose my temper.

They all think I'm just pissed off about Kris, Luhan and the negative response of my relationship with Taeyeon. They're not completely wrong. But the thing that is putting the most stress on my shoulders is Jungmin.

That god damn son of a bitch.

-

After our performance, I head down the stage and take a bottle of water before gulping half of it down. The thick layer of sweat on my forehead trailing down my face and to my neck. I let out a lot of fustration and anger out there, dancing full power and singing a lot louder than usual. It felt good.

A hour later, it was time for all the artists to get up on stage together. I spot Taeyeon walking between members of Super Junior, they all seemed overly close with each other. One of the members have an arm draped over her shoulder, his face a bit too close to hers for my liking. Anger and bitterness swell up in my chest and I quickly look away from the sight before it does more damage to me than it already has.

She can have friends, Baekhyun. Just let it slide. I repeat to myself in my head. I hate how I can't go over there and take that guys arms off of her because of the fans. We both agreed to stay atleast ten meters away from each other when on stage, to make sure that we didn't cause anymore trouble than we already have.

I let out a sigh and walk in the other direction.

As songs play in the background and all the artists of SME walk around interacting with fans, I stand in the distance scanning the crowd. My gut feels as if it's telling me something is going to go wrong tonight. I don't know what it is, but whatever it is, I pray that it's not Jungmin.

The beauty of the crowd takes my attention off everything for a few moments. The sparkling light of the glow sticks, the banners, the roar of the crowd, the cool air that gently brushes against my skin... it makes me feel so much more calm.

I spot a black figure alone in a staff restricted area near the stage where Taeyeon is, I'm about to turn away before a shiny object being pulled out of the man's pocket catches my attention.

My eyes widen when I realise what it is. The man aims it towards the stage. The hood over the man's head covers his face, but I catch the crazy glint in his eyes and immediately know that it's Jungmin.

Without thinking, I bolt over to Taeyeon, who is, like everyone else, oblivious to the situation.

I push my legs to run faster, every fibre in my body is wanting to reach her before it's too late. Before I lose her again.

Jungmin has his gun aimed at Taeyeon, preparing to shoot, and I am only a few meters away from her.
Just milli seconds from Taeyeon being shot, I manage to grab a hold of her, sheilding her body with mine.

The firing of the gun cuts out all the noise. I feel the sharp pain of the bullet ripping through my shoulder and I gasp in agony as the two of us land on the floor.

Taeyeon is frozen beneath me, her breathing in short intakes, "B-Baekhyun?" Her voice is only a whisper. She runs her hand up my back and comes in contact with the wound, I grimace.

I roll off of her and she sits up immediately rushing over to my side, "You're bleeding!"

I look up at her face, the pain etched onto her features pains me. All this seems eerily familiar, just like that day...

"You're alright," I manage to gasp out, "I thought I lost you again."

Tears swell up in her eyes and she gently pulls me onto her lap, "D-don't say anything, just stay with me."

"I promise..."

I suddenly hear the screams from the fans, terrified of what they had just witnessed.

"BAEKHYUN!" Screams the others and I feel the thumping of the footsteps on the stage. All my members are around me, each looking at me with shock and horror. Taeyeon sobs above me, her palm against my cheek, trying to keep me away from slipping out of consciousness, "Please Baekhyun," She begs, "Don't go."

I try to tell her that everything is okay, but it's not. I can feel myself being drawn into the darkness. Black spots appear in my vision and they slowly grow bigger while have no control over them, not matter how much I try. A tear leaks out of my eye, "I love you, Yonghi"

Then everything fades to darkness, and I break my promise.

-
(Wait for the chorus guyssss!! ^^)

I hope you guys enjoyed ♡
Please leave a comment and vote for this chapter!

Thankyou guys~

Author-nim :)