Chapter 5 ♢ : Friendship and a new look

Baekhyun: Are you ok? You're not hurt right?

He asks while looking if I am injured anywhere. He suddenly stops and sighs, his eyes are glued to a spot on my elbow.

Me: What?

I curl my arm and look. There's a big red scrape and bits of skin are ripping off.

Me: Eww...

I whisper, I didn't notice it before. I hear someone starting to cry, it's Songkyo

Me: Songkyo, why are you crying?

Songkyo: I-I'm s-so s-s-sorry!

she chokes out, I pat her back.

Me: It's ok, it's not a big deal anyway! A scrap isn't something big. I'm fine, really.

Baekhyun: We need to get you to the nurse. It could get infected. And how doesn't it hurt?

Me: Baekhyun I'm fine. I don't need to go to the nurse for something as small as this. It's really nothing.

Baekhyun: No. You're going to the nurses office with me. No buts. Songkyo, you should go eat lunch or something, I'll take care or Yonghi.

She nods and leaves. Baekhyun takes my hand in his.

Me: B-but Son-

Before I can finish my sentence, Baekhyun drags me away and I have no choice but to follow him.

--

He sits me down on an empty bed in the office and goes to gather up medical equipment.

Me: Are you sure you know how to tend a wound.

Baekhyun: Of course I do. My brother use to always help me whenever I was hurt.

He takes out a cotton bud and pours some antiseptic onto it.

Me: You have a brother?

Baekhyun: Yeah, he's seven years older. Do you have any brothers or sisters?

Me: Little sister. Her name is Yongsoo.

Baekhyun: That's cute, My brother's name is Baek Bom.

He starts to dab the soft cotton around the damaged skin, I flinch a little after feeling the coldness on my wound, it stings.

Baekhyun: Am I hurting you?

Me: N-No. Just keep on going.

We sit in silence for a while.

Baekhyun: From now on, you shouldn't go anywhere near Jaesung.

Me: And why is that?

Baekhyun: He's just not the type of person you want to be messing with.

Me: Just because he has a lot of money...?

Baekhyun: He's the principal's son, and, his family owns several big companies. He has the power to make you feel useless, and he can make peoples life miserable. He's done it to others, and he won't hesitate to do it to you.

Me: Then what was with him before? Why was he doing that to me?

He pauses for a second and lets out a deep sigh.

Baekhyun: I don't know. I haven't seen him do that to anybody ever since I met him. And I've known him for almost my whole life.

Me: Uh huh.

*RING RING*

Me: Well, I should get going now.

I stand up and look at my elbow, there's a bandage that is situated neatly on top of the wound.