Chapter 28 ♧ : Note

I turn around to face Baekhyun, a hint of guilt linger in his eyes,"It's okay," I say as I pick up his T-shirt,"Quickly put this on before you catch a cold."

He sighs and takes the piece of clothing from my hands and slips it on in one motion.

"I need to go now, it's already..." I pause a little as I glance over at the digital clock sitting on his desk,"10:30. We have school tomorrow remember?"

"Alright," He huffs, "Goodnight babe."

Babe? This is the first time he's ever called me that. I try not to pay too much attention to it and shrug it off,"Good night Baekhyun, I love you."

I give him a peck on the cheek before heading down stairs, leaving him standing there in his room.

I guess we both feel a bit awkward right now, it's the first time I've gone that far, and the same goes for him. Though I must say, Baekbom walking in on us was a good thing, because I don't know what I would of done if we went any further.

I open the door to my house and greet my mum, she gives me an odd look,"Is everything okay, Yonghi?" She asks while placing down her mug.

"Yeah of course," I smile, "I'm just really tured right now, it's been a long day~" I try to keep my tone neutral and happy. As much as I hate lying to her, I don't want her to worry, too much has been going on my mind lately, I don't need more trouble.

"Are you sure?" She says, raising a brow.

"Yes mum," I giggle,"I'll go to bed now, goodnight, love you~"

"Ok then, have a good rest honey," She smiles while giving me a tight hug.

--

Walking into my room, I throw myself on the soft mattress of my bed and turn to the wall. I lay there and stare at the white paint on the smooth surface, letting random things pop up in my mind.

The words said by the old lady surface back from the bottom of my thoughts.
What exactly does she mean?

I try to think but my mind is just a blank space, even the smallest though gets lost in the emptiness.

I guess I'm too tired to even think.

My eyelids slowly grow heavier as I close my eyes, welcoming the sudden flood of exhaustion, and I fall into a deep sleep.

---

The next day

Baekhyun and I walk to school together like we do on most days. But it's extremely quiet right now, none of us are taking the initiative to start a coversation.

Usually, at this time of day, Baekhyun would be playing around, asking questions, and occasionally cracking his best jokes, and I would be listening to him while smiling and laughing.

But I guess that's just not the mood right now...

Baekhyun is being a bit too quiet at this point, it almost feels as if he's ignoring me.

"Kmhmm..." he clears his throat, finally breaking the long silence,"Did you sleep well yesterday?" He asks, trying to stir up a conversation.

"It was... normal." I shrug,"What about you?"

"I couldn't stop thinking about you," he murmurs, causing my cheeks to blush violently,"You were on my mind all night, while I looked at this." He lifts up his arm to show me our couple bracelet dangling on his wrist.

I smile as I bring my arm up next to his and put our bracelets side by side. Baekhyun unexpectedly laces his slender fingers with mine and tightly holds my hand in his.