Chapter Four

Y/Ns P.O.V

Students had scattered at the dismissal bell, majority going towards the back exit to reach their dorm alliances, then there's me. Walking the opposite way to sit in detention.

I reached the big door that had 1-A printed upon it and knocked, not wishing to enter. Waiting in hopes that Aizawa wouldn't reply. However, my prayers weren't answered when I heard feet drag themself to the door before it opened, he raised an eyebrow “What are you going to learn tomorrow?” I raised an eyebrow and he just stepped to the side, allowing me to enter. I bowed my head and he spoke “Yesterday you learned to speak your mind and today you learned how to knock, maybe you'll learn how to remain in your lesson tomorrow.” I sighed and thought to myself, if he didn't want to monitor a detention why'd he give me one.

He raised an eyebrow “Look of disagreement, spit it out.” I looked at him shocked.

“What, no, I wasn't!” He shrugged.

“We've got an hour, you can either speak up and we do what I planned for this 'detention' or sit there bored.” I tilted my head before doing the finger quotes he had “What do you mean 'detention'” He chuckled slightly before asking “You do know what the quotations mean, yes?” I nodded slowly and he looked down at the paper on his podium “I'm not as old as you kids take me for.” I quickly shook my hands around in front of me “No, we don't think you're old sensei! I'm just confused on why you'd make me come here for any other reason aside from detention.” He looked over at me and raised the papers “We're going to be coming up with a morals test for my class, but before that, you need to go back to yesterdays lesson.”

Yesterdays lesson? But he doesn't teach me... Wait, what he said at the door! I looked down at my desk and whispered my guess “Speak my mind.” He hummed, so I looked up and sighed, beginning to weight what I should. If he really wants to know... But what if it upsets him?

“Come on kid, I've got thick skin, I think I can handle it, if I can't...” He shrugged “I'll just give you a detention tomorrow” I gasped and spoke out “You can't do that!” I crossed my arms “I just won't tell you!” He raised an eyebrow and shrugged, looking over to the paper again “If you say so... but if you get to the end of this hour without telling me then it'll just be a detention for tomorrow, for... lying to a teacher.” I grumbled under my breath “But I haven't said anything for it to be a lie, idiot.”

“I think insulting and muttering under your breath towards a teacher is worthy of a detention, don't you?” I quickly looked up at him, coming up with the lame excuse “I was signing off as idiot!” He chuckled before shaking his head “Come on, I've heard you've been upset all day, I think I deserve a few complaints!” I groaned and finally decided to speak “You made it seem as if me being here bothered you, so I just thought that if you hadn't of given me the so called detention then you wouldn't have to be here to monitor it!” He blinked before pointing at me “That is the big thing you didn't want to tell me?” I nodded slowly, confused on why he'd ask “My... I've had students say worst, without a problem, when I'm stood next to them... continuously.” I furrowed my eyebrows.

“But that's not nice... wait, why don't I ever see those people in detention?” He let out a breath “Most see me stood there and have to rush of to the toilet, I consider that enough punishment.” I was stunned before he gave a small smile “That's only happened a couple times, but the others I don't give detention because else I'd be here everyday with each seat filled. Plus, I don't often give you detention, that's on your teachers and you escaping.” I nodded before asking.

“Why do you serve the detentions? Not that I would enjoy it more with another teacher.” He rolled his eyes “Enjoying detention, I might begin to think you come here on purpose... but to answer your question, some of the faculty run out of here as if they are a student, plus, the likes of Mic and Midnight aren't trusted to make it boring.” I raised my hand slightly “I wouldn't be allowed detention with either of them... Present Mic is actually a medical risk to me and Midnight isn't exactly child friendly... Fun fact, Present Mic isn't allowed to teach my class because of my quirk... wait, you have a student with advanced hearing but I'm sure Present Mic has taught your class?” He hummed.

“Her advanced hearing is a little more voluntary than yours.” I pouted “Of course...” He chuckled slightly “Come on, time to make that morals test.” I nodded and went over to him. “So, what questions need to be in this test?”

“Well, I wouldn't call it a test, more of an assessment to see where their morals are... can't call it a morals test, they'll understand what's right and wrong but whether or not they actually live by the positives is another thing... but, we'll need to ask why they wish to become heroes, that'll be the big tell tale on whether or not their morals meet that of a hero.” He nodded before sighing “These are going to be a pain to mark.” I patted his shoulder “We have to worry about making it first... hey, for fun, we could take the assessment ourselves, then 'mark' each others... wait, you won't be able to mark there's because you know them and will have preferences... the other teachers won't be able to either, and I can do everyone's but Mineta's-”

“You'll not be able to mark them down, too afraid to upset them.” I sighed before nodding. I looked around the room as I tried to think of someone who doesn't speak to the students to result in lack of preference “Would Principal Nezu be able to mark them?” He sighed and itched his cheek slightly “We can't bring the Principal in on something like this-”

“I think it's a wonderful idea!” Both me and and Aizawa jumped at the sudden announcement made by the small creature that now stood with us.

[ Edited : 01/10/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 03/05/2023 ]