Chapter Nineteen

Y/Ns P.O.V

After packing away my stuff Aizawa spoke “You really are teaching those kids a thing or two.” I looked over to him and smiled “I wouldn't be able to if it weren't for you Aizawa sensei.”

He shook his head “You don't give yourself enough credit. Now, enjoy your weekend, it's the only break you'll get from this mayhem.” I smiled and pointed to him “And you cover up that you care, too much!” He rolled his eyes and I just decided to continue “I'll see you Monday Aizawa sensei!”

I waved as I left the classroom but screamed when Mirio spoke from nowhere “Y/n, you've finally finished your lesson!” I placed my hand over my heart.

“What's happened? Oh, hello Togata.”

Mirio smiled towards Aizawa “Hello Aizawa sensei! I just startled Y/n, I'm sorry.” Aizawa hummed before looking to me “Well, take care. Both of you.” He entered the classroom again, closing the door behind him.

“Mirio! I'm supposed to be proving myself to Aizawa, showing I am capable of protecting students by being alert and ready when the time comes... Man... and I'd finally got away from being threatened with the rules... Oh well, not anything I'm unused to. So, what brings you here?” He pouted slightly as we began to walk away from 1-As classroom.

“I'm sorry L/n sensei, it's just Nejire and Tamaki are busy with school work.” I let out a breath before smiling “Well, you're in luck, I don't have any papers to mark!” He hummed before messing up my hair “I didn't expect you would, 1-A should be busy discussing their school festival activity!” I laughed awkwardly “You, my friend, have obviously not been taught by Aizawa sensei, ever... He just mentioned it to them and continued with the normal lesson for that day. Only continuing with the instructions to find me if they want to discuss it, and to inform him once they know what they're wanting to do.”

“Oh, you're not going to take every lesson from him right?” I raised an eyebrow and glanced over to him “Aizawa sensei is a good teacher Mirio, can't you remember all the times our class fell behind because teachers were too lenient? Well, 1-A has never had that problem, perhaps a few students are a little behind but Aizawa gets on top of it.”

I furrowed my eyebrows at him as I noticed the dumb smile on his face “What's that face for?” He stopped showing his teeth but the smile was still on his face “You're really passionate about teaching!” He sighed “I wish I could of had you as a teacher. I bet you're going to be brilliant, one of the best!” I smiled and looked away shyly “Thank you Mirio! That means a lot, but I think you have one better than me being your teacher!” He raised an eyebrow and I cheered “You have me as a friend!” He pulled me into a sidewards hug whilst continuing to walk “Yes I do!”

He eventually removed his arm from around me and he asked “So, friend, what are all the classes doing for the school festival?” I tapped my nose “I am not allowed to disclose that with students! So you, sir, will have to wait and see!” He stopped to pout but quickly rushed to catch up with me “But I'm not technically a student right now-” I interjected him jokingly “Then get off the premises, the grounds is only meant for teachers and students.” He seemed stunned so I smiled “Yet you are here, so you must be a student! Therefore, I cannot disclose any information with you!” He just blinked before nodding “Okay, can you disclose what you'll be doing at the school festival?” I let out a breath.

“Patrolling the grounds with Aizawa sensei, to make sure students aren't up to no good. Why?” He looked down for a while before lifting his head up again, even though he was still looking slightly down to see me “I was going to ask if you wanted to go together... Can't you get out of it?”

I shook my head “No, it's an important part of my training. I need to remain focused and not all over the place like a child at a fun fair... Aizawa said he would of originally let me enjoy it seen as it's my last year to see it as a student but I didn't prove to him that I could remain in the classroom, even if I heard something... So, technically it's my fault.”

“Stop taking the blame for everyone else, Aizawa sensei obviously just wants you to be as miserable as him.” I took a step back to stop and look up at him “Mirio... Aizawa is training me to be the best teacher I possibly could be... He's keeping the future opportunity, Principal Nezu has for me, open... I don't know why you've resulted to insulting Aizawa, but I'm going to let you cool down.” I turned away to gain distance between us but I stopped at him asking “So you care more about Aizawa then how I feel about you not giving me any of your time.”

I turned back around and looked up at him but before I could speak I heard Aizawa “She's just being understanding and passionate about becoming a teacher, a true friend of hers would care more about that then the time she can provide for your own selfish needs. Especially when Y/n has dropped marking papers to go support and comfort you due to recent events, multiple times... I don't know if you noticed Togata but Y/n lost Mirai too, yet you haven't stopped to give her a second of your time... Something you have lots of right now.”

Mirio's slightly annoyed expression completely vanished as he looked at me and asked “You've dropped marking to come comfort me?” I nodded before scratching the back of my head “Yeah... Aizawa sensei keeps telling me that I'll only be able to do that during my training, but doing it continuously isn't something to promote me as a teacher... Another reason I can't enjoy the school festival... Where I can't prove myself in one area, I need to prove myself in another to weigh out the positives and the negatives... Positives are harder to earn because one wrong thing becomes a negative but staying in class doesn't add a positive, so I then have to prove I'm learning to work out those negatives, aka the school festival.”

I looked over to Aizawa and he gave a thumbs up, I smiled and did a little fist bump down by my side. He smirked and said “Don't get too excited yet. Learning what you've got to do is one thing, but actually carrying it out is another. Especially for you!"

I continued to smile “I know Aizawa sensei but I'm determined to prove myself! Show your teachings aren't failing and show Principal Nezu that I can be a teacher worthy of working at U.A. High!”

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 19/08/2023 ]