Chapter Thirty-Three

SHOTAs P.O.V

Again I was in the waiting room, technically waiting on Y/n again but this time it wasn't to hear that she was okay but until she woke up and possibly afterwards. She was asleep with her head on my shoulder even though, sat on the opposite side of her was her sister, the one that came and asked for Y/n's help. I didn't mind though, that's when the girl spoke up "What are your intentions?" I looked over to her to see she was looking me dead in the eye "Come on, you're an older man?"

I then heard a voice I'd heard a lot recently "Ignore her, she has no right to question you when she has only all of a sudden come out of the blue." I glanced over so see the small ghost girl that had followed Y/n to the entrance of the cemetery. I quickly looked to Y/n and erased her quirk, the girl disappearing.

"What did you just do?" I glanced up to the only sister to be present now after activating my quirk "I erased her quirk to prevent her from using energy as she's meant to be restoring it." She raised an eyebrow "Because?" I let out a breath, not wanting to cause a scene by rolling my eyes towards this teen that struck me as overdramatic "Becasue she was using a quirk she had copied earlier today." Before she could reply a nurse came over, looking at me "We just managed to get hold of her emergency contact, they've given us permission to strip her and treat any wounds-"

"Why did you need to get permission, she could be seriously hurt?" The nurse looked to her "Because dear, this young lady is still under legal guardiandhip and a brief assesment was made that declared her injuries to be minor." The girl nodded before asking "Why are you addressing him?" The nurse looked to me "You are her partner, are you not?" I let out a breath and shook my head.

"I am her mentor." She nodded and looked to Y/ns sister "And you are?"

"Her sister!" The nurse looked to her clipboard and then looked to the girl "I'm sorry but no siblings are registered." She smiled before turning to me "Miss Hanako asked for someone to remain with her, would you mind?" I just glanced towards Y/n before tapping her knee, she stirred and I could see her eyes open a slither "They're able to treat your wounds if you're ready?" She hummed groggily and rubbed her eyes.

We walked along the halls, I noticed Y/n practically falling asleep, I looked to the nurse and she gave a sad smile "I aren't allowed to assist her with her mobility to prevent harm from coming to myself, as any harm could put me out of work for a while." I hummed and quickly picked Y/n up "Luckily, helping people with a foot in the grave is within my jobs description." She just gave a curt nod.

Y/Ns P.O.V

Opening my eyes allowed light to flood in, I glanced around to see Shota holding a bundle of blankets, I pushed myself up to have a better view of the blankets that I discovered held a baby. I looked up to Shota and he looked over at me, he stood from the seat and held out the baby, I carefully took them into my arms and looked down to see e/c eyes staring up at me "Y/n, meet Y/n." I looked up at Shota and gulped, not wanting my suspicions to be true, he closed his eyes and placed his hand on my head, and just that action caused a tear to drop from my eye and roll down my cheek. I looked down towards the baby in my arms and whispered "Why'd she call her Y/n?" I then heard Kira.

"A child is a parents top priority, someone they are supposed to care for... Someone they are supposed to love and look out for." I looked over to Kira who had evidently been crying. She came over and held out a piece of paper "She passed in childbirth but was able to write this before she went into labour." I repositioned Y/n so I could take the paper, then opening it.

'Y/n, nothing I will ever do will repay what you've done for me, and I don't mean just saving me. You put me and Kira before yourself even though there should have never been a reason to as family is meant to stick together and care for one another, not push eachother away and treat them poorly as I did to you.

I don't have a bigger regret in life compared to that of how I treated you and I know naming my child is no compensation, but I wish to fix my mistakes and I hope this is a sign, but if you do not wish to speak to me I completely understand, what I did was beyond awful. However, please allow me to keep the name for my child, no matter your feelings towards me, as selfish as it is. I don't wish for them to be anything like me, but rather much more alike to you, strong and kind, traits that this world needs.

If I don't have a girl I should perhaps name it after the man that was with you, not just because he helped in saving me which has allowed their future birth to be possible, but because I could sense his care for you, something I should of had. If I don't get the chance, please tell him that I am thankful. My thanks don't just go to him though, but you as well. You are not just mum's hero but mine, please remain as you are because the world needs you.

Ayaka'

In areas the writing was harder to read, as if showing the battle she was going through from her recent experience. I turned to look at Shota and spoke through my tears "Thank you." His eyes widened slightly but his normal expression returned and he nodded, then stepping forward to gently bring me into him which allowed me to sob into his chest. After a while I eventually calmed down and moved away from him, I wiped my eyes with the hand that still had hold of the now crumpled paper as I had grabbed hold of his top in an attempt to release more emotion. I looked to his top to see the slightly darker patches and whispered "Sorry." He lifted my head up, by placing his thumb and finger on my chin, and shook his own "Do not apologize, I was the one to hold you." I nodded slowly as he had let go of my chin upon making eye contact, I looked down to Y/n and spoke "I need to go talk to Ayaka."

Kira spoke up "Don't make it any harder than it has to be Y/n." I looked over to her and shook my head "I am not making it harder, I am doing the right thing. She deserves to finally have peace after what has happened." Kira then broke down crying "She is dead, what difference is it going to make." I blinked away my tears to force a smile "I believe she will join mum, Nori, and Kyoko in watching over us all." Just then a nurse came in so I decided to ask "Would it be possible for me to say goodbye to my sister Ayaka Kikuchi?"

"I shall go check for you." I bowed my head as she quickly took her leave, but it wasn't long before she came back "Yes, you can go say goodbye whenever you are ready." I nodded and looked towards Y/n to look up to the nurse again "Would it be alright for me to go now?" She nodded and I carefully made my way out of the bed to follow her, carefully holding onto Y/n.

We stopped outside of a door and the nurse turned to look at me "I will leave you to say goodbye by yourself." I bowed my head slightly and she opened the door for me "Thank you." I stepped into the room and went over to the bed that occupied my sister. I repositioned Y/n so I could hold her with only one arm like before, then taking Ayaka's hand in my free one "Hey, I just came to speak to you because you wished to fix a few mistakes." I smiled before letting out a shaky breath "Ayaka, you probably don't know but I'm training to be a teacher and if there was one common thing that I'd hope anyone knows, it would be that we all make mistakes. Mistakes are a part of our journey, they help us learn, sadly you might not be able to act upon your lessons but I know you've grown... Mrs Kikuchi disagreed, to my knowledge, with your pregnancy yet you stuck it through. Even with the circumstances you were forced into... You are no longer the same girl that craved a home, you are someone that craves a family, and that is where you are forever welcome. L/n or Kikuchi, you are my sister and I could not be more glad, you helped me become the person I am, and I hope I can do the same for your daughter. With methods that aren't as hurtful, but I could slip up. I am only human after all, and like everyone I have a limit on how much I can handle, and we handled a lot from a young age... Rest in peace sister, because you are forgiven."

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 01/05/2024 ]