Chapter Eight

Y/Ns P.O.V

I was stood waiting by the car when a couple came over to me “Sorry to bother you, but you look very familiar.” I just forced a smile, still trying to calm down from the emotional events of today.

“Oh, that's not a bother... Would you happen to know who I look like?” They both looked at each other, the woman asking her partner “What did our girls mother look like?” The man looked at her and replied “From the pictures we've seen she had white hair and their quirk...”

The woman gasped as she looked at me “You look like a copy of our daughters maternal parent! We're not their biological parents, we adopted them!” I forced myself to keep my smile, knowing the woman they spoke of. The woman in which I was the look-a-like of, was in fact my own mother.

“Oh, I'm sorry to hear that they were in a situation that allowed them to be adopted... Were they from Little Blossoms Orphanage by any chance?” They nodded, the man asking “How'd you guess that?” I smiled awkwardly “There's not many orphanages anymore and that's the closest one... Done my research because the idea of childbirth doesn't really appeal to me.” The woman smiled.

“That's amazing! Well, if you ever want to discuss adoption and anything alike, here's my number!” She got a napkin from her pocket along with a pen, writing on the napkin before holding it out to me. “It's great to see a future hero with family plans that don't entail the continuation of their bloodline and quirk!” I nodded until I turned at the sound of footsteps.

“Aizawa sensei, did you have a good talk with Oboro senpai?” He nodded before raising an eyebrow “Who are they L/n?” I just smiled.

“Just another couple that didn't want the scarred runt of the three siblings, now shouldn't we head back to U.A?” He nodded and unlocked the car, opening the passenger door. I went towards it but stopped when the man asked “You're our daughters sister...”

I turned an nodded “Yep!” The woman looked shocked “That's how you knew! Good thing we didn't adopt you, you're a little liar!” I took a step back “Yeah, your opinion on me has never been that positive so that comment isn't news to me. However I will say, I only lied because I didn't fancy you having an awkward conversation with a child that knows you only adopted because it'll make you look good with the added bonus that they look good... No need to explain yourself, I've heard it a gazillion times. You're lovely but we don't want people thinking we gave you that scar!”

As I spoke I had been stepping backwards to the point I was able to sit down in the passenger seat “Oh, and just so you know, my deceased sister gave me my scar so even if you might think it's ugly, hideous, Santa's whole naughty list, I think it's quite beautiful. Now, I hope you both have a good day!” I swung my body around to put my feet within the footwell.

Aizawa closed the door and I took hold of my seatbelt, pulling it over me and clicking it in. Aizawa got in and looked over at me before pulling something from his pocket, him then leaning over and pressing his thumb onto the notched lapel of my blazer. I looked down to see his finger under the fabric, he moved away to reveal a yellow smiley face sticker on my blazer. I looked at him and he pointed “You did not get that from me!” I laughed before looking forward as he manuevered the car to get back onto the road.

“What's the sticker for and why do you have a whole reel of them?” He sighed.

“Principal Nezu thought they'd be a good addition for 1-A, said it'd bring a little cheer into the chaos they keep fighting... and it's for speaking up... and I ask that you don't tell anyone I gave you the sticker because I've not given one to anyone else... I don't want it to be a continuous thing. Before you ask.” I nodded and looked out the door window, watching the scenery pass by “I only spoke up because they were so proud of adopting. Calling them their daughters when they aren't, they're mum and dad's daughters... I don't want to know what sort of story they're plastering onto our parents, probably claiming their both villains... also, thanks, for taking me to visit them... and the sticker.”

Eventually we reached the U.A. parking lot but in the space that Aizawa's car occupied before, stood Hound Dog. “Well... I should have authorised this...” I looked at him “Why does Hound Dog look like he wants to kill you?” He rubbed his face downward “In his eyes I stole and ran off with his favourite student.” I blinked before pointing to myself, he nodded after saying “No, I just have another kid in my car somewhere... Yes, you! You help all the students so he has less of a workload and he doesn't like being overworked.” I nodded and unbuckled my seatbelt “Then I'll do you a favour, saving your skin!” I quickly got out the car.

“Hey Hound Dog! Aizawa just took me to visit my mum and sisters because I was kind of an emotional mess. It really helped, so I'm going to head in and put some smiles on frowny faces!” He huffed as he moved his sight away from Aizawa, I then heard Vlad King “He says, I'm glad you're feeling better but why'd you have to take away my reason to kill him.”

I pouted and put my hands together “Please don't kill Aizawa sensei, Blood Hound! Sensei is a really good teacher and 1-A needs him, and I also need him for my detentions!” I then exaggeratedly pointed my thumb to my chest “But do not worry, for taking me without authorization I will be sure to annoy him to no end in my next detention with him. Just for you!” He let out a happy sounding bark “He says, thank you.”

Vlad King then stepped out from behind Hound Dog “We're here to collect you both and bring you to Principal Nezu.” I nodded before moving my thumb away from my body to point it at Aizawa's car “Would it be possible for him to park before we get taken?” Hound Dog moved out of the way, pulling Vlad King along with him. Aizawa then parking and getting out.

Vlad King spoke “Aizawa, you are the last member of staff I expected to drive off with a students, with authorization. Let alone without.” Aizawa just sighed and questioned “Principal Nezu?” Vlad King nodded, before leading us into the school.

“Aizawa, if you knew it was going to get you into trouble, why did you do it?” Aizawa sighed.

“You're a teacher Kan, surely you know that need to comfort students.” Vlad King sighed before nodding “Yes, I've had the fair share of students I've been fond of- as a teacher-student relationship, just to clarify with you L/n... but never have I got in my car and drove off with any of them, and what makes this more unconventional is that you did it, Aizawa. You've never shown any fondness over students.”

I decided to speak up with a slightly raised hand “Aizawa sensei wasn't liking me anymore than he does any other student. He was providing me comfort at a time in which I was very upset, over something that can't be helped... He knew the feeling and that it's one that's heart wrenching with limited ways of escape... He did as any teacher would.” Vlad King didn't make a response so I rushed around to step in front of him.

“Aizawa sensei is a great teacher, this single incident... It's my fault... I'm always in detention. Therefore, I am trouble and like all my other cases of wrong-doing, I influenced Aizawa sensei to ignore the code of conduct a teacher must take towards students!”

I then heard soft clapping, I looked to see Principal Nezu stood in the door way of his office “Do not worry L/n, I only called you and Aizawa here to ensure your safe return, not hand out disciplinary. After all, as you said, Aizawa is a good teacher. Not one U.A. can not afford to lose... However, whilst I have both of you here, I'd like to see you both tomorrow morning. Do not worry Aizawa, I have organised cover for your homeroom!” Aizawa raised an eyebrow whilst looking at the small creature who just smiled back in response “I said do not worry! Now I'll see you again tomorrow!” He stepped back within his office and closed the door.

[ Edited : 03/10/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 06/05/2023 ]