Chapter Forty-Two

AN : Hi, I'm Elizzza and I just want to say thank you so much, especially with my recent absence from Wattpad which I am sorry for! This absence caused the planned thank you for 100 votes and 10K reads to change and become thank you for 231 votes and over three thousand more reads! Each and every single interaction you guys make with this book means so much to me, I can not thank you enough, so I will leave you to read this chapter, and thank you again! Thank you ಥ⁠‿⁠ಥ

Y/Ns P.O.V

After days of working to move and unpack everything I owned, the house was still mainly filled by the furniture and other decorations Mirai had left behind. The need to change it never crossed my mind though, especially since I'd only ever really spend the time between terms here. However, I was now left with nothing to do and even with the break being long over due, I couldn't help but feel bored.

I flopped back onto the couch, beginning to eat my cereal but as soon as I had the spoonful in my mouth a knock sounded on the front door. Plonking my spoon in the filled bowl and pushing that to the table as I got up, not even caring for the lounge clothes I wore. Opening the door made me regret not changing out of the large top and baggy shorts.

Shota chuckled "Eri wanted to see you and it looks like if we had come any sooner you wouldn't have come to the door." I rolled my eyes "Punctuality and holiday, two words that don't really go together. Now, come on in Eri, I don't know if I want to invite Mr No Fun in." Eri laughed and rushed inside, I then waved as I closed the door but it wouldn't budge, I looked up at him and he leaned down, his hand on the door he had opened further "Now is that anyway to treat your co-worker?" I just raised an eyebrow "I could ask you the same Mr Space Invader!" A smile cracked through the emotionless mask, as he then leaned the whole way and kissed my forehead "It's good to see you... How have you been?" I smiled and quickly hugged him, his arms wrapping around me in response "I think the more important question is how's the new father doing?" He let out a breath "You're more important, but I am good... Eri is no trouble compared to some people I have taught." I rolled my eyes and stepped away from him to see the smug expression he wore.

I decided to ask "How does our relationship stand with Eri?" His smugness quickly changed to confusion and I could see anger flash through his eyes, I smiled "Oh, don't get me wrong Shota, I love Eri more than you, but adoption is a big thing. What I meant was, are we letting her know about us?" He let out a breath before shaking his head "When the court legalised me as her father her progress took a step back. When I eventually got her to open up she told me how she didn't wish to repeat what she had done to her father, to me... I don't want to add our relationship and make her see you as a mother, someone that previously placed her in the hands of-" I quickly put my hand up "Sho, you don't have to explain your decision to me, she is your daughter now and I have no right to disapprove of your choices when it comes to her." He shook his head, then placing a hand on my cheek "If anything you should be able to, because you are definitely more fit to be a parent than me. You love helping anyone no matter their age, after all, you did help in the upbringing of several children." I smiled.

"Hanako did most of it, and anyway, don't put yourself down. You're a great teacher and you're even better when it comes to Eri." He let out a breath, rubbing his thumb up and down upon my cheek "Why must you make me blurt all of my feelings... I didn't want to hurt you by just saying no. I know how much you love Eri and how much you wish to be with your mum, so much so you'd wish for people to have family at your own expense." I quickly wrapped my arms around him "Thank you Sho!" He hummed before stepping back "We best go find her, who knows what she's up to." I nodded and lead the way, we ended up the lounge where Eri was sat watching a blank TV whilst eating my cereal. I shrugged it off and asked "As your drop in was unexpected, is there anything you'd like to do today?" Eri quickly cheered "Can we go to the beach? Aizawa was saying how we might be able to go because you live by one!" I nodded before pointing to her "That's not a bad idea, I've been meaning to explore but got cooped up in here. Do you have any beach wear?" Eri quickly nodded, then swallowing the large mouthful she had "Yep, Aizawa said that if I wanted to go then I would need a swimming costume!" I hummed.