Chapter Fifty: Epilogue

Y/Ns P.O.V

Eri, now aged fifteen, was running along the beach with five year old Oboro and Mirai. M/n who was one laid on Shota's chest as we lounged on two deck chairs. I sighed and Shota was quick to ask "Feels like just yesterday, doesn't it?" I glanced over at him before looking up at the sky and humming.

"They're five now Sho... Eri will soon be finishing U.A. just as Deku and everyone else did..." He let out a breath.

"Time sure has flown... I remember our wedding day as if it was just yesterday, happiest day of my life." I turned my head to the side to look at him "What about our children's births?"

He looked to me "Oh, they feel like just yesterday. They just weren't that great of days. You screaming and crushing my hand, can think of much happier. Like, the day after. Away from hospital and at home with all our children. Plus, births are overrated, we have Eri and we weren't there for that."

"Gee, thanks Sho. Put my body through all of that and it weren't that great of a day." He laughed and shook his head "Oh baby, the pregnancy was great! Absolutely loved the sight of you carrying our children! Although, it was heartbreaking when you were sick or in pain." I hummed before turning my head to look at the sky "You covered yourself, don't worry."

"Not the reason for me saying it... Remember when you wanted to call one of the twins Mirio?" I quickly snapped my head around to look at him, he had a smile plastered on his face. Rolling my eyes I made my retort "He was my first friend and helped me a lot. How about when you told them upon finding out about M/n that you'd not love them any less?" He pointed his finger at me.

"Hey, I had to split the love to give her some!" I hummed.

"I think you got a little knife happy and just gave the extra sections to M/n!" He placed his hand on his chest, being mindful of M/n "How dare you accuse me of favouritism!" I just raised an eyebrow and he rolled his eyes "As if you don't?"

"Of course not, they all caused me equal amounts of pain!" He raised both eyebrows "So M/n?" I shook my head before laughing "Whatever you say, but do you remember little old you saying no more after the twins?" He grumbled before smiling.

"Well, that's just one of the good things about you Mrs Aizawa, you correct me when I'm wrong!" I hummed before saying "Smooth, Dadzawa!" He grinned before looking out at the three playing "Remember when she ran away?" I let out a breath and hummed "I'm just glad she came back... Hard to think that was five years ago." He hummed.

"She's grown so much. I'm glad she takes after you, she needs your optimism." I hummed before smiling "She's learnt a lot from you as well... Remember when we almost divorced?" He flinched slightly "Because I was stupid and disregarding your care for me, yeah... Biggest mistake in my life... You're the only reason we're here right now."

"Takes two to be married Sho, and it can't all just be uphill... It's like training, you need breaks or you'll become fatigued and not produce your best. In life though, it's more of a case that you need mistakes to show where you went wrong, so you can improve and move past it. We're human, we made mistakes." He hummed before smiling once again.

"Everything worked out in the end, and I'm glad." He reached his closest hand out and I took it "I love you Mrs Aizawa."

"I love you too Mr Aizawa, for now and for the years to come." His smile grew slightly before he leaned down and kissed the crown of M/n's head. I sighed at the scene before turning to watch the children play again.

[ Edited : 01/05/2024 ]