Chapter Forty-Five

sleepweeby: I have been away for a while, I sincerely apologize for that and am so appreciative of all of you who have remained patient with me and brought this book to 400 votes with almost 20K reads. It really means a lot as life has been hectic with college and animals that I own, but things have settled to a degree that provides me with enough time to write this chapter. So I hope you enjoy (⁠◕⁠ᴗ⁠◕ )

Y/Ns P.O.V

Over the past few days we had gone to a zoo, an aquarium, a theme park, and the beach multiple times. None of the events were planned, they were just spontaneous as we'd wake up and Eri would talk about places her classmates spoke about. Which we'd then go to, to make up for leaving her under the lie of hero work, but this morning it seems all the activities had taken a toll on Eri for she was lazily scooping cereal into her mouth unlike her usual way of shovelling it into her mouth.

“How about we have a quiet day and stay here today?” Eri whined slightly “But that's no fun.” I mocked hurt, gasping and placing a hand over my heart “Are you saying me and Shota are boring?” She quickly shook her head but I then continued as I dropped my hand from my chest “I suppose Shota is a tad boring, but me?” Eri giggled and I smiled.

After we all finished up our breakfast Shota went off with Eri to look at all the board games I had, as I went to the kitchen to wash up the bowls from this morning and plates from last night's dinner. After drying everything and putting it away I walked out of the kitchen to see a stack of boxes on the dinning room table, Eri just staring at them intensely. “So, what's the plan?” Shota looked over.

“She took all the games but doesn't know any of them so she doesn't know which she wants to play first.” I shrugged and took a seat “Well, we have all day so how about we go through the games top to bottom?” I looked over to Eri and she was now looking at me, she nodded and I reached over for the first box which was a box of Uno cards.

Throughout the game Eri kept attempting to peak at mine and Shota's cards by craning her neck so she'd be given enough height to look over the top of our cards. “Y/n, place your plus four!” I shrugged and placed the matching colour card down “If you say so!” She then slapped another plus four onto the stack of cards. She was then watching me, I looked over to Shota who glanced at me before picking up eight cards. Eri obviously heard him picking up the cards and looked over to him “Why are you picking up cards? You have a plus four!” Shota looked over to her.

“I'm saving it.” Eri shook her head “That's not how you're supposed to play!” He looked to his cards and began arranging them “If that is so, you shouldn't know I have a plus four.” He looked over his cards at Eri who then looked to me “Y/n, tell him he's wrong!” I laughed slightly and shook my head “Technically, he's not wrong... How about we get back to playing?” She let out a breath and looked down slightly.

“But you're obviously going to win.” She was sticking her bottom lip out slightly, I reached over and poked her nose, her looking up and straight at me “No one knows how this game will ever go. Shota could be saving that plus four to bring me down as soon as I'm close to winning, so what do you say?” She seemed to think for a while before eagerly nodding.

SHOTAs P.O.V

Y/n had gone off to the toilet after we finished the game and Eri immediately turned to me “You didn't place the plus four!” I chuckled and messed up her hair with my hand “As I said before, I was saving it but didn't quite get the chance to use it.” She crossed her arms and pulled an adorable expression of anger “Saving it for what? To give to me?” I shook my head but she continued “Well you didn't give it to Y/n.” She then gasped, her eyes lighting up and her hands slapping onto the table “You like Y/n and you don't want to make her lose and upset her!” Her face was almost completely covered by a grin.

“Now what makes you say that?”

“You're always looking at her, just as she does! You should tell her!” I smiled and reached over for her cards “Now, where have you learnt all of this stuff from?” She picked up her cards and placed them in my hand “Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire!” I hummed and put the cards back into the box, stopping as I noticed she was grinning again “You've gone quiet, that means you do like her!” I just let out an ‘uh-huh’.

She then looked away from me “Y/n, Mr Aizawa likes you!” I quickly looked over to see Y/n stood bewildered before she smiled “Awe, well I like Shota too! But do you want to know who I like even more, you!” Eri giggled before going over to Y/n and taking her hands to lead her over to me “I like you too Y/n, but that's not what I meant! Mr Aizawa loves you!” Y/n looked to me and smirked slightly “Is that so!” Eri nodded quickly and turned her head to look at me “Tell her!”

I let out a breath and looked to Y/n, stating her name before I said “I love you!” Eri quickly looked around to Y/n and began slightly bouncing up and down. Y/n smiled “I love you too Shota!” Eri jumped up and cheered “Kiss!” I chuckled and looked to Eri “Do you really want to see that?” Eri looked between us and nodded, I shrugged before standing up and leaning closer to Y/n, stopping when the sound of little footsteps running away could be heard with a small call of ‘ew’.

We both laughed slightly before Y/n asked “I thought we weren't telling her?” I wrapped my arms around her waist “She figured it out by herself.” She hummed and wrapped her arms around me “She's a smart kid!” I hummed. After a while I felt a small arm wrap around my leg, I glanced down to see Eri who was hugging us both as she then whispered “I love both of you!” Y/n then gently saying “We love you too!” I hummed and moved one hand onto Eri's head.

[ Edited : 01/05/2024 ]