Chapter Twenty-Three

Y/Ns P.O.V

Homeroom teachers were far from pleased upon coming out of the faculty meeting we just had. Principal Nezu has requested that all homeroom teachers discuss the birds and the bees with their classes because a student has engaged in intercourse and become pregnant. However, unhappiest of all was Shota who I had to cover the lesson with. I decided to remain quiet and just follow him to the classroom, his harsh entrance startling the students, I just smiled towards them before bringing my attention back to Shota "Shota, it's not that bad, it's just a one off lesson." He rubbed his face and signalled his other hand to the class "Please take the lesson if you so wish." I gulped and pointed at myself before shaking my hands out in front of me "Shota, I can't do that, I'm merely in training!" He dropped both his hands to his sides and turned to the class "Do you all know of the... Birds and bees?" Almost every student nodded and he let out a breath "See, unnecessary." I blinked and pointed around to the few students that didn't nod "But-" He turned to look at me and I quickly shut up, however that did not stop Todoroki from speaking up "Sir, I have a few questions, what's the birds and the bees?" A few students in class turned to look at him as Shota just looked dumbfounded before he mumbled "Of course I have the student that was homeschooled by some random tutor that would obviously miss out the essentials just to make my life ten times harder." I stiffled a laugh at what almost seemed like a tantrum from the thirty year old man.

He took in a breath and looked over at Todoroki before saying, evidently begrudgingly "The birds and the bees is how you came to live." Todoroki just blinked and spoke "But I'm neither a bee or a bird... Is that why Tokoyami has a bird head, because he didn't fully evolve?" I quickly covered my mouth, not wanting to laugh and embarrass the duel haired boy, or the bird headed boy that was already looking down at his desk with his shadow friend on his back laughing hysterically. Shota shot me a glare before looking back towards Todoroki "No... Just no... Since you find this so humerous Y/n, you can answer his questions!" I looked at him before laughing awkwardly "Funny you say that, I don't know what the birds and the bees is either- Okay! Okay! Damnit, you're so smart that you can tell that I was lying but aren't smart enough to tell one boy what the birds and the bees is?" He smirked and gave a curt nod "Well done Y/n, you spoke your mind! Now prove my other teachings are paying off and take over this lesson." I pointed an offending finger at him "You can't do that!" He smirked and nodded "Yes I can, and I just have."

I couldn't come up with a reply so I just let out a breath and turned to Todoroki to say bluntly "The birds and the bees is a term for sex, the lovely activity mummy's and daddy's partake in to produce their beautiful children! Boom, lesson over!" I clapped my hands together but got slapped around the head by something, I looked to see Shota retracting his capture weapon. I just rubbed the back of my head "I wasn't going to lie." Mineta then asked "What sort of activity is sex? Can you demonstrate with Mr Aizawa?" I felt my whole face heat up, Shota obviously not considering Minetas motive innocent captured the boy within his capture weapon, pulling him out of his chair "That is highly inappropriate, I expect you to sincerely apologize to Miss L/n for making such a revolting comment!" Before Mineta could reply Todoroki asked "What's so wrong with you both demonstrating, I don't understand?" The whole class fell silent. I don't think Shota knew how to respond to Todoroki in a way that wouldn't make him feel embarrassed for not knowing and implying such a request be done. However, Bakugo didn't care so much, completely exploding on Todoroki verbally "The birds and the bees represent female and males, the male has a stinger, aka a penis, which he puts inside the bird, through her vagina! Now do you understand why Aizawa and L/n cannot demonstrate that?" Todoroki just turned to look at me and asked "What's a vagina?"

I shyly asked "Todoroki, did you ever learn biology?" He shook his head "My tutor tried to teach me but my dad said it was useless nonsense I didn't need to fill my head with." I nodded slowly and looked at Shota who still had a hold of Mineta, he looked at me and asked "What? Do you want to teach the kid biology now?" I shook my head "No, that would take him away from his hero studies too much, I was going to ask how we disclose what a bird's parts are without completely mortifying him?" He let Mineta go and turned to me completely "How am I supposed to know? Do I look like I have a vagina?" I blinked and pointed to him "So, you didn't learn biology either?" He just blinked "How do you get that from- Nevermind, I don't get paid enough for this. Todoroki, kid, there's no way to say this gently, you have a penis because your male, on a female they don't have a penis, they have a... hole?... Better known as the vagina... Do you follow?"

"So, all women have been shot?" Kaminari then turned to look at Todoroki "Well, a pregnant woman has, by a very special gun!" He then winked and I rubbed my face and mumbled "We should have asked Todoroki to stay behind." Shota hummed. Todoroki was looking around at all the girls, quite concerned, before looking at me "What age are you shot at?" I let out a breath and shook my head "Todoroki, Kaminari was joking about the gun thing... Females are naturally born with this said hole called the vagina, like a man is born with his penis, and it's like that so we can reproduce and carry on our species and bloodline... Does that answer your question?" He nodded slowly "I think so... What does a vagina look like?" Shota sighed and mumbled "This is all Nemuris fault."

After the tiring day I was walking down the halls with Shota and I decided to ask "How was this morning's discussion Midnight Sensei's fault?" He looked at me and shook his head slightly "I need to remember that you can hear someone crying on the opposite side of the school... I didn't want to be a teacher." I froze, looking at him shocked, he stopped and turned, raising his eyebrow "What? Did I give the impression that I enjoyed teaching teenagers?" I shook my head with furrowed eyebrows "I'm just confused, you don't seem to be someone that would go into a job they don't wish to do." He sighed and stuck his hands in his pockets "That's because I wouldn't, no one should... Nemuri put a word in with Principal Nezu, without me asking, she then called me as I was on patrol to say I had an interview with him... He then knows what to say and doesn't like no for an answer." I tilted my head and he closed his eyes "Hero work brings in an income dependent on your fame, something I stay away from, Principal Nezu used that against me." I nodded.

"But you don't strike me as someone that cares all that much about material things..." He nodded and let out a breath "I've still got to get by and my hero work doesn't really cover that, especially when I have equipment repairs on top." I raised an eyebrow and asked "Shouldn't your agency cover those costs?" He hummed "Yeah, but they don't care for heroes that don't want fame, it's how they get their money at the end of the day. They don't get rid of me because of my quirk, it's an asset to them, otherwise, I would have been out long ago." I nodded slowly before asking "Surely you've grown to enjoy teaching though?" He opened his eyes and looked around the halls before shaking his head "No... But someone's got to be responsible for teaching them, can't have heroes in the job just because." I smiled slightly before looking at him "You shouldn't have to feel guilty." His eyes widened slowly before he let out a breath "That's easier said than done... Teachers here at U.A. don't teach students so they can go into some casual job that has minor health and safety risks. We teach them to become heroes, a job that comes with casualties, and everything we do falls back onto what we are taught." I hummed before smiling "There'd be more casualties if it weren't for teachers, especially you... You're a good teacher Shota, one I'm lucky to learn under. You've saved a lot of people Shota, they might not be able to see that or even accept it... and you go on about me being selfless?" He chuckled and gave a very small smile "It might come as a surprise L/n, but I do have a heart." I laughed lightly before smiling towards him "Never thought otherwise, class 1-As Dadzawa!" He shot me a glare and I just laughed, then quickly running as I saw his capture weapon come towards me.

I then felt my feet go from under me before I was hung upside down, my batons falling out of their holsters and hitting the floor, I tried recovering from my laughter, I eventually caught my breath and said "Just as I was saying, a good hero! Not only have you captured me but you made me defensless in one foul swoop!" He rolled his eyes whilst a small smile graced his lips, him then putting me down carefully.

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 30/04/2024 ]