Chapter Thirty-Seven

Y/Ns P.O.V

Orange painted the sky as the sun began to set, giving the park that cliche romantic hue. Which was ironic as I sat on a bench waiting for Mirio as he had arranged a date for us to both redeem ourselves. I saw a figure walking towards me but it wasn't the person I expected, in fact it was someone completely unexpected for they spoke up "Y/n, can I please talk to you?" I provided a smile to my worried friend "Of course Tamaki." He looked around before closing his eyes "I'm really sorry!" I shook my head and made more space for him on the bench, patching the empty space. "Do not worry Tamaki, I am your friend and I will always be open to listen to any of your worries."

He nodded briefly before taking the seat. I could hear the deep breath he took in before he spoke "I really like someone, and we've kissed, but they can't be with me." I hummed and smiled as I turned my sight away from him "Mirio." I felt his body jump in shock as his movement shifted the planks of the bench, I laughed slightly "Do not worry Tamaki, I am not upset, with you at least... You have told me and that's all I could ever ask from my friend, so thank you." He looked at me with concern flooding his eyes "But what about you?" I smiled.

"Plently of fish in the sea Tamaki, and anyway, you and Mirio are made for eachother. Anyone would be blind to not see that!" He nodded slowly "But then why did you begin dating him?" I let out a breath "Why did you kiss a boy that was already in a relationship? There is many things that just happen in a spur of the moment, they are the events that help guide us. They're unexpected which leaves them to be unprepared for, just as our futures are."

"Aren't you worried it'll ruin the friendship between us all?" I shook my head "A friendship with Mirio is one that is very hard to escape, he'll put himself in a wall just to prevent you from pushing him away. Plus, I think we're all a bit stronger than a small hurdle." He nodded but then looked forward and stiffened, I smiled at how the boys shyness hasn't even faded after kissing the friend of years coming towards us. I stood up as I noticed Mirio's face drop. He slowed his pace and once in front of me he bowed from his hip "I am so sorry Y/n!" I patted his head and he lifted his head, I smiled "Don't be sorry, we all make mistakes which can always be resolved, although, that does not throw the problem away for we will always remember the events that aren't so great for they are life's most important lessons... That I learnt from a very wise man." I smiled and he stood straight to say "Aizawa sensei." I nodded before frowning slightly.

I reached up and placed a hand on his shoulder "I'm sorry if you felt that I've been dragging you along, but at the time my mind was distracted by events foresight had shown me. I am incredibly sorry." He shook his head and grinned "We both made mistakes, but they lead us in the right direction." I smiled as he looked towards Tamaki, but I quickly grabbed his ear and pulled his head down, he whined and wailed in pain but I ignored him "You dare repeat your stupid acts from our short lived relationship in this one and I will personally see to your hunting! Understand?" He hummed and attempted to nod "Yes ma'am!" I laughed and let go of his ear. I turned to Tamaki "Make sure this goof doesn't get himself killed, I'd like to see our whole group together for a reunion in the future." He looked at me with wide eyes that got flooded with hope, the worry disappearing as he nodded with a small smile.

I smiled in return and took a step forward but as I did Mirio called out "What are you going to do? I have Tamaki with me but you-" I cut him off and looked over my shoulder "I have Eri to look after so I'll be fine, if I need to cry I'll just say it's the film because it reminds me of family, can't have her worried after all." I fanned my face jokingly and he smiled "You'll make a good mum Y/n." I blinked and looked away "Thank you." He chuckled and put a hand on my shoulder, I looked back and he smiled "Things may be complicated for now, but do something for yourself... Anyone would be blind if they didn't see the love you have for the man." I laughed slightly and looked forward "Don't know what you're on about, but I know that I need to be getting to Eri. Otherwise Mr Grumpy Pants will not only be lecturing me on how to be a teacher but Eri's sitter." Mirio chuckled and let go of my shoulder "Of course, don't cry too much, U.A. would go into shambles." I laughed and began walking "Can't promise anything Mirio, I'll be getting a lecture about tardiness from Mr Grumpy Pants to add to all this heartache!" I joked and I heard him laugh until it quickly died and I understood the abrupt end as a familiar voice chipped in "Mr Grumpy Pants patrols this park, and as your tardiness always keeps you I knew to find you here." I quickly spun to see the man clad in black stood behind me.

I waved awkwardly "Oh hello Shota, didn't see you there!" He rolled his eyes "Just go before you're even later Y/n." I raised an eyebrow "Are you sure you should be on patrol Shota?" His eyes narrowed and I laughed "Joking, Shota is too strong to be knocked down by illness." I saw his hair beginning to float up and I smiled "Okay, I'm off, not because that's scary, but because I need to get ice cream as Eri wishes to watch Melted Two tonight." He rolled his eyes "Anything that you think requires ice cream is just a drawing." I stuck my tongue out at him "Only to you!" He huffed.

"Either way, you don't have time, I've currently left Eri with the problem child but only All Might knows when he'll break something, if it's not his bones it'll be something else." I rolled my eyes before smiling "Lack of care doesn't suit you Aizawa Sensei!" He sighed.

"Whatever L/n Sensei, being on time would suit you, so hop to. I ensured ice cream was in the freezer so get to the kid and watch whatever makes you cry." I smiled "Of course Shota, but only if you go out there and kick ass and return safely to knock knowledge into problem children." He smirked "I only have two problem children, you being the main one." I jokingly gushed.

"Awe Shota, you really know how to make a fox happy!" He rolled his eyes and shot off, I laughed and began my journey.

MINAs P.O.V

I was scrolling through Delayroid when I saw a post from supportfox which was previously allearsy/n. The change came with a picture of her taking a selfie with Aizawa in the background, the caption being 'Credit to my mentor for the new username'. I looked to the new picture to see her and Eri with tear stained cheeks, the youngers cheeks also being covered in ice cream, looking to the caption I felt my blood boil 'Two hearts melted tonight' I quickly went to my direct messages to find the group chat.

'1-As 6 Best Students'

You
Emergency!

Yaomomo
What's happened?

You
Look at Y/n's latest post

You
I think Togata broke her heart (⁠ノ⁠`⁠Д⁠'⁠)⁠ノ

Tsu
Maybe her and Eri just watched a film

Ochako
Eri does love Togata though, so it could be that he broke up with L/n Sensei

Tooru
L/n Sensei has only ever cried over something really upsetting, so surely not a film she'd let Eri watch?

You
Exactly! I call an emergency meeting to arrange our plan of attack ᕙ⁠(⁠ ⁠:⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠∧⁠ ⁠˘⁠ ⁠:⁠ ⁠)⁠ᕗ

Kyouka
I'm on board

Ochako
I don't think Iida or Aizawa Sensei would be very happy to hear about this (⁠๑⁠•⁠﹏⁠•⁠)

Yaomomo
I think Iida will be more against it than Aizawa Sensei, he seems to care about L/n Sensei a lot

You
Yes, because they are the rightful ship, not like Togata and Y/n

You
Or we could board a ship and help it sail (⁠*⁠˘⁠︶⁠˘⁠*⁠)⁠.⁠。⁠*⁠♡

Tsu
I don't think that's a good idea, Aizawa Sensei would definitely not enjoy his private life being messed with

Kyouka
Are we hunting Togata down or what?

Yaomomo
Iida is doing his rounds to make sure everyone is asleep, we'll meet before class and discuss the plan of action

You
(⁠ ⁠/⁠^⁠ω⁠^⁠)⁠/ You're the best Yaomomo

[ Edited : 01/05/2024 ]