Chapter Twenty-Eight

Y/Ns P.O.V

I had changed into the clothes Momo made for me after the doctor came in to say I could be discharged tomorrow, which is today. As well as coming to tell me that, the doctor shooed a big chunk of the people in my room, out. However, I was now at the reception signing my discharge papers as I was luckily 18, my guardianship is still under the orphanage though because I'm still in school.

Just as I finished signing I heard "You ready to go?" I looked over my shoulder before turning to face Shota, I nodded "As ready as I'll ever be." He nodded and I followed him out, once outside I decided to ask "How'd you explain your leave to Principal Nezu?" He fished his keys out of his pocket and unlocked it "I haven't taken a day off in my five years of working, he didn't even want to know... in fact he hopes the reason drags me away more." He opened the passenger door and I stepped into the car, sitting down. He closed the door and went around to the driver's side, getting in and putting his seat belt on as I did "I don't know whether to laugh or cry, he's basically made a request that I find myself in hospital more, in a sense... My future employer, hopefully, Shota has wished for me to be assassinated more!" I mockingly held my hand over my heart and he smiled and shook his head before looking over his shoulder and reversing, he sighed "Hospital car parks are not made for average cars." I raised an eyebrow and he shook his head "Only small cars can manuever around easily." I nodded before looking around the car, as I realized I didn't actually pay much attention to it last time. I noticed the familiar bouquets laid on the back seat but didn't question it. I looked forward and asked "Do you have a secret family somewhere?" He smiled before moving his left hand up from his thigh to scratch his cheek "Future plans that, but the space is currently thanks to the nice car, not much else to it... How about you!"

"I'm 18, I'd hope not to have a secret family somewhere." I smiled and he just chuckled as he moved his hand away from his face to grab the gear stick and move it down, leaving his hand there to then move it up and to the right before continuing up "Glad to hear it... I meant future plans." I hummed and looked up from the gearstick "Yeah, got to be good." He raised an eyebrow and I forced a smile "My mum died for her children, particularly me, must have some importance to compell such a behaviour." He hummed before glancing at me "Have you started to drive?" I blinked at the conversation change and he smiled before looking forward "You watched me change gear." I hummed.

"No, I haven't, finding a teacher is hard and a lot has been happening as of recently, I'm not exactly available for lessons. Then obviously, my parents can't just tell me to hop in the car and go." He hummed and glanced over "Do you have a provisional license? Driving wise, not hero." I nodded and looked forward "Yeah, was hoping to learn but time escaped me." He nodded.

"Well, there's no pressure to learn, you've got a job opportunity and that has on site quarters so it's not like you'll have to drive to that." I hummed before laughing slightly "I suppose, but if I ever need to go anywhere I'll have to leach off of someone else." He shrugged and pulled the gearstick straight down "Just find yourself a partner that can drive, marry them and set yourself up with that family you want." I laughed and took in a breath, smiling towards Shota "You should become a life coach!" He smiled slightly "I hardly have my life together, it'd be quite hypocritical of me to do that for a career." I hummed and decided to turn my head to watch the scenery pass us by "Aren't all of them technically hypocrites then? One only has their life together when it has finished, for we can not say what is ahead, we can move towards a goal but that is no different to a person playing football, you can get as close as you want but it doesn't mean you'll score... The only person I know that has ever been aware of the future is Mirai, but even he couldn't say for certain... Many of us were not supposed to make it past that day but thankfully we did." I looked over to see his eyebrows furrowed, I let out a breath "I was asked to understand life and death when I was only six, I've had the time to think about it and you've got to come to some conclusion to deal with the losses that only add up in contradiction to the name."

🌸

I sat in front of the executor, sat in the middle of Kaoruko and Juzo "Here today are those benefited through Mirai Sasaki, before I'd begin I'd like to thank you all for coming and offer my condolences." Kaoruko gave me her hand, whether to comfort me or her was beyond me.

"So first, Juzo Moashi, I am sure you are already aware that you are to become the head of Nighteye Agency, if that already has not been put into place." Juzo nodded and the man then turned to look at Kaoruko "Kaoruko Awata, you are to become second in command." Kaoruko nodded with a grin and watery eyes, he then looked straight forward to me "Y/n L/n... Whilst all agency affairs remain within the agency, all Mirai Sadakis personal belongings, home and finance, is to become yours." I just froze, I looked to both Kaoruko and Juzo, Kaoruko hugged me as Juzo gave a curt nod. "Mirai Sasaki put a note with your inheritance Miss L/n, do you wish to be told privately or now?" I just pointed to the floor, moving my wrist up and down, not wanting to talk and break down crying.

He gave a sad smile and nodded "Mirai Sasaki has put, Y/n, when you hear this I will sadly be gone, I know you will aid Mirio and not yourself so I have left all I own to you, please do not share this, unless you plan to put it towards your future family. You have been a delight to mentor, to the point I even went to adopt you at one point, hence me leaving everything to you, so you have something to fall back on in your time of need. I can't wait to meet your mother and hear all about you as a baby, hopefully there's some embarrassing ones, and don't worry, I'll tell her she has no need to worry, you are a strong lady that eventually finds peace in the world, peace in which you deserve. Oh, but feel free to give all my All Might stuff a good home, I know he's not your favourite hero but a certain someone else is instead, you'll understand later if you don't by now. Live long and do not stop smiling."

Juzo joined the hug, then shushing me and Kaoruko as we both cried. Kaoruko then spoke through sobs "Mirai took me to the orphanage with him, too afraid that they'd only allow couples to adopt because he was set on adopting you... but he went against his initial plan when he saw how happy you were to help and get the younger children ready... to encourage the younger children... He ran out without saying a word to the woman that greeted us, and when I chased after him he said that he could only wish for your happiness and if such a place can provide it then he won't take that from you, that is how he came to accept your future partner that bit more... He'd never be completely happy with anyone you decide to get with though for he was way too protective... That's why, me and Juzo want you to work at Nighteye Agency, so we can watch over you for him... So you can come to us whenever you need something." I looked at them both and was about to mention the possibility of me becoming a teacher but Juzo spoke "We know, you'll only be able to do night patrols if your training proves a success." I wiped my eyes and smiled at them both, then half jokingly saying "Mirai left me in the best possible hands."

Eventually we wrapped everything up, Kaoruko and Juzo walking out with me. We stopped once stood outside and Kaoruko spoke "So how are things between you and Mirio?" I raised an eyebrow and asked "How did you know about us?" She gulped and quickly looked around "So Eraserhead brought you, that was nice of him!" I looked over at Shota before turning back to look at her, I nodded, Juzo then asked "How is Mirio?" I let out a breath and shrugged "I don't know but I think he's mistaken his feelings for me... I attempted to be there for him, having to work around my training, and I think he's now got confused... Like, he never showed any of those feelings before, in fact, I thought he liked Tamaki." I shrugged but glanced at Kaoruko to see she was just grinning, Juzo quickly extended his limbs and got Kaoruko wrapped up "Well, whatever the case, me and Bubble Girl best be off." I nodded as I watched them walk away, where I managed to hear Juzo grumble "You mustn't let Y/n know, she's supposed to find out as she goes through life like anybody else!"

'I suppose me and Mirio aren't meant to be, but whatever the case I can't abruptly end it. I need to let life play out, by itself.'

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 01/05/2024 ]