Chapter Forty-Three

Y/Ns P.O.V

We were all just sat watching the TV, or well, Eri was watching the TV. Shota was falling asleep, even though we'd only just got up. However, I couldn't blame him for the show Eri chose to watch was something that had been changed from previous years, the style of it just making it lose any value it had to us. The name was nostalgic and that was all the meaning the show hosted.

I turned my sight away from Shota upon hearing my phone ring, I got up and ruffled Eri's hair before I walked away to my phone. Picking it up, I was met with Mirio's contact picture. Answering the call had him practically screaming at me "Good morning Y/n!" I hummed and responded with less excitement "Good morning Mirio." He immediately replied.

"Y/n I need your help! I called Nejire but she said she wasn't going to make herself a third wheel! Please can you?" I looked over to Shota and smirked at an idea. I then asked "What do you mean Mirio?"

"What else could I mean? For you to be a third wheel I must have a date! What do you say? Will you do it?" I let out a breath and corrected my question "What I meant was, why do you need a third wheel?" Mirio let out a very loud 'oh', multiple times, each time only getting louder and longer "Me and Tamaki are going on a date!" I hummed and waited for more of an explanation, but I never got one. I let out a breath "Congratulations, but why do you need a third wheel? Dates are meant to be personal, not a friendly gathering." He hummed.

"I know, it's just Tamaki is really nervous to the point I'm afraid he might not show up-" I decided to butt in "He showed up to a date that he wasn't expected to attend, I'm pretty certain he'll go." Mirio let out a huff "That was only because I was ditched, which you still owe me for!" I sighed.

"Mirio... Let's move away from that, we both know what happened last time, and that most certainly won't give you a third wheel." Mirio then began to speak aloud his recollection of the day "You had a breakdown because-" Before he could continue I spoke up "If you continue, you'll want to start digging your grave because my partner won't be too happy if I start crying because of you, again." Mirio instantly went quiet before yelling "Partner? You have a friend!" I attempted to suppress my laugh but I just couldn't "Yes, I have many friends, thank you for noticing Mirio." He then laughed.

"No, I didn't want to assume it was a boyfriend." I smiled before responding "Well, thank you, but they are most certainly a boyfriend." I looked over towards Shota and Eri to see Eri's attention completely on the TV whilst Shota's was directly on me. He raised an eyebrow but I just put my attention back to the phone call "Well, instead of third wheeling, do you want to come on a double date?" I looked around to try and find a clock as I asked "When?" Nearly choking on air when he replied "Today, six o'clock! Thank you!" He ended the call and I just looked to my phone screen in complete shock.

I looked over to Shota and quickly signalled him over, he got up and ruffled Eri's hair before coming over "Everything alright?" I hummed before shaking my head "No! That was Mirio, him and Tamaki have a date tonight and to make Tamaki more comfortable Mirio has been trying to get a third wheel. I let slip about us, but didn't say who you were and he said I could bring you along to make it a double date." He shook his head "No, not going." I whined "But Sho, he's expecting me to be there, and not alone!" He pinched the bridge of his nose "Y/n, I'm not having my first date with you be arranged by someone else. Besides, who would look after Eri?" I began fiddling with my fingers "When will we ever get another opportunity to go on a date... I know it's not a relationship requirement but I would like to spend time with you Shota, just the two of us." He got his phone out and put it to his ear, I sighed but abruptly stopped the release of breath as Shota spoke.

"Hi Nemuri, would it be possible for you to come down and look after Eri? Me and Y/n have just been called in for some work." He moved the phone away from his ear and signalled his head to the bedroom "Go get into your hero outfit." I nodded slowly before quickly darting towards the bedroom, I quickly changed and then stepped outside of my bedroom to be met with Shota who had already changed. "We might need a spare change of clothes." He then whispered "Unless you want to have our first date in our hero outfits." I rushed over to my wardrobe and looked through everything, but my only date appropriate outfit was the dress I wore to the graduation party. I just grabbed it and turned to Shota to notice the dress bag he had over his shoulder. He smiled slightly "Only formal outfit I have!" I laughed and nodded, then agreeing "Same!"

We walked out to find Nemuri and Hizashi already here, Y/n was in Hizashi's arms. Shota spoke "Thank you for coming on such short notice." Both Nemuri and Hizashi turned to us, the two smirking. Nemuri speaking in a flirty tone "Of course, can't prevent our fellow heroes from doing work." Shota nodded before looking to Eri who had asked "Why do you have dress bags over your shoulder?" Shota quickly covered for us "It's just a spare hero suit, the villain we're having to deal with can make clothes disappear, hence me being called in with Y/n." Eri nodded, then turning back to the TV.

Nemuri took us to the door, calling out as we went to the car "Don't have too much fun!" Shota stuck his middle finger up at her. I laughed but stopped as he said "You can drive first." I snapped my head around to look at him "But I can't drive!" He looked over at me "Then you can learn! Don't worry, it's only so I can change. After all, I doubt you want to drive in heels." I nodded whilst muttering "Not like I want to drive at all." He rolled his eyes as we both got in.

"I'll try not to take too long." I nodded and put the key in. I started driving along the road "See, your doing just fine! Just as I expected from my smart little fox." My face heated up and I had to stop myself from looking over at him. I heard movement and glanced over to see him taking his trousers off. I quickly looked forward, taking glances every so often "Focus on the road darling, unless you don't want to make it to either date." I snapped my head around to watch the road "Good girl!" I gulped as I struggled to maintain my focus. I heard the rustle of his clothing and had to bite my lip to stop myself from looking. He chuckled and I whispered out "Stop, you're distracting me." He just chuckled again "It's okay baby, we can switch now." I let out a breath and put my foot on the break so we'd slowly come to a stop, then putting the clutch in as we were stopping. "Good job, I'm impressed, especially when you were being such a sneaky fox taking glances at me."

We switched, and I started changing by taking off the accessories of my hero outfit, such as the metall cuffs, jacket, and belts. I removed my shoes and socks before taking my arms out of the straps upon the main piece of my outfit. I then got into my dress and removed my hero costume from underneath, putting my heels on and then organising my hero outfit within the dress bag "Well that wasn't as much of a show as I was expecting." I turned my head to see him glancing at me, I crossed my arms "So when I do it, it's wrong, but it's okay for you to look?" He moved his hand from the gear stick to my thigh "I'm pretty confident in my driving capabilities, you however are still learning." Rolled my eyes.

"You're so good at driving you just know if there's any oncoming traffic?" He laughed.

"If you like... Am I clear?" I rolled my eyes and jokingly said "Pervert." He frowned slightly "I'm sorry, it's just your so flawless I couldn't stop myself." He then chuckled "That doesn't make it right, does it?" I shook my head whilst laughing "No!" We both laughed. "So you looking was technically wrong as well!" I hummed, before shrugging "I suppose we're even then!" We smiled, him then saying "I'm glad we had this conversation!" I jokingly added "Me too, we have to set these boundaries. It's like, I wouldn't force you to drink a cup of tea." He hummed.

"Especially if I had fallen asleep from the wait!" I smiled before asking "What has teaching that sex education lesson done to us?" He laughed before sighing "I think the question is, what has teaching done to us?" I just nodded.

[ Edited : 01/05/2024 ]