Chapter Thirty-Four

MIRIOs P.O.V

A few weeks have passed since my last phone call with Y/n and in that time Tamaki has become slightly distant which has lead to Nejire always asking about it, but neither of us have ever given her an answer.

I was walking around the halls with Eri as she had gotten bored in the dorm when she ran off "Y/N!" I looked to where Eri was running to to see Y/n wearing a casual outfit instead of the hero costume she always presents herself in at UA, but it wasn't just her. Within Y/ns arms there was a baby. Y/n smiled "Eri! How is my favourite five year old?" Eri just hugged Y/n's legs "I've missed you."

"Awe, I've missed you too but I had to have some time off, however I am looking to come back soon. Now, you didn't answer my question, how are you?" Eri smiled and nodded then saying "I'm good, Mr Aizawa has really been looking after me as well as many students!" Y/n nodded and smiled in return "That's good to hear. Do you know where Mr Aizawa is?" As Eri was about to shake her head Aizawa walked over to them "Y/n how have you been?" Y/n looked over to him and gave a curt nod "I've been good, Hanako has been helping me with this little one." Aizawa nodded and pointed to the baby "And how is she?" Y/n laughed slightly before saying "Y/n is good, still looking for parents but I have no doubt she'll find some... It might mean I have to reduce the visitations I want but it'll be for her-" Aizawa put a hand on her shoulder and she looked directly at him, he shook his head "I don't know anyone that cherishes family more than you, and a wise person once said you shouldn't give up on family for those are the people that will stick with you... Plus, I think your sister would prefer that her daughter has contact with you all, so if anything is to happen, like it did with her, she has family to fall back on." Y/n nodded slowly before smiling at Aizawa "Thank you Sho! However, I might just pick your brain a little more whilst I have you here. Do you know any adults that would look to adopt? I would like to think if you see them fit to adopt then I'd be able to trust them." Aizawa nodded.

Silence fell between them all before he turned "Follow me, I might know two people." Y/n began following, Eri sticking to Y/n's side. Aizawa looked over his shoulder and asked "Do you want me to carry her for a bit?" Y/n glanced down before looking back to Aizawa and nodding. He turned and stepped closer to carefully take the baby, Y/n then holding her hand out to Eri. Eri practically jumping to get it, Y/n then asking "Who's meant to be with you right now Eri?" Eri looked up to Y/n and said "Mirio, but I've missed you so can I please stay with you?" Y/n nodded and smiled down towards Eri "Of course, how is Mirio?"

"Mirio and Tamaki hardly talk to eachother any more, it's very weird." Y/n hummed as Eri then began rabbiting on about all she's done during Y/n's absence.

Y/Ns P.O.V

Shota had brought me to the staff room, we entered and majority of the staff turned to then say "L/n, how are you?" I just smiled to them, not really wanting to delve into recent events. I looked to Shota and he gave me a reassuring smile before heading over to two teachers that sat next to each other talking "Hizashi, Nemuri." Both looked up, Yamada Sensei then asking "What are you doing with a baby Shota?" Shota looked over at me and I stepped forward "She is my niece..." I looked to Shota and turned back to them "Y/n has been off to help with the care of little Y/n here. However, due to her current situation with being a student, or well a teacher in training, she is unable to provide her niece with a home." The two teachers looked to me and I gulped "Me and Hanako, the carer at the orphanage have been trying to find someone to adopt her, but there's not been much luck due to other commitments the new parents would have to make." Kayama smiled "You want visitations?" I nodded timidly, Yamada then speaking up "Hey, no need to be shy, that's not at all far fetched, she is your niece after all. But, why have you come to us?" I looked to Shota and he responded "Without much work you two would be able to allow Y/n to see her niece and you've obviously had your problems with conceiving." Kayama looked between the two of us, then getting up and hugging me "I can't imagine how hard all of this is for you!" She stepped back and held my shoulders "If you want us to, I will be happy to take little Y/n into my home, Hizashi?" Yamada stood up and smiled "Of course, not only will it make us parents, but it allows you to see your niece and I think that is incredibly important." I quickly wiped my eyes with my free hand as I still had hold of Eris hand "Thank you, so much." They brought me into their arms, Kayama whispered "Shush, no need to cry, unless obviously you don't want to lose your reason for not doing your teacher training recently. I know I would cry if I had to be taught by Shota." I laughed slightly and hugged them back.