Chapter Forty-Eight

Y/Ns P.O.V

Getting ready for the day, I stopped. Beginning to stare off I was brought back by Shota's voice "Principal Nezu wouldn't have made you a teacher if he didn't think you were ready." I let out a breath and turned to face him "I know, but am I really good enough to teach the top class of upcoming heroes?" He sighed and shook his head "You always tell others to not put themselves down, so I don't understand why you are putting yourself down Y/nn. You've helped in teaching my class. Do you remember Bakugo within his first year?" I nodded and he gave a small smile "He used to attack Midoriya for talking, but now he has a bit more control over his anger. I think that can be considered your achievement, after all, you were the one brave enough to rile him up and then take his equipment to show how his anger put him off guard." I nodded slowly.

"What if I get a class full of Mineta's?"

"Then we send Ashido in, I don't know what she did to him but it worked." I rolled my eyes.

"I don't think the school board would appreciate me torturing a class of twenty upon my first year of teaching independently." He shrugged "Well, the class can't say I tortured them now, or else how did Mineta not change." I laughed and shook my head "Shota!" He smiled before saying "You'll be fine, I'm sure your class will be just lovely. They have you as a teacher after all." I went over and hugged him "Thank you Sho... Class 3-A has had you and still does." He wrapped his arms around me, then whispering "So you're saying I create a load of brats?" I slapped his back and he laughed.

🌸

Walking up to my classroom I noticed a figure stood by the door, through the black clothing and grey capture weapon I could tell it was Shota. As I moved closer he pushed himself off the wall he was just leaning his back against "Is everything alright Shota?" He hummed.

"Yes, I was just waiting around to guage the new teacher. Can't have Japan's future heroes taught by just anybody." I nodded slowly, not quite understanding "Okay, well you know what my teaching capabilities are already..." He chuckled slightly and came over "I'm having you on darling, you have no need to be so nervous." I nodded before taking in a deep breath "You know, it would have been a lot nicer if you had walked with me instead of running ahead to do this." He shrugged.

"I felt a little light hearted fun could lift your spirits, especially with what you've got planned. Are you certain you still want your class of first years going up against my third years?" I nodded.

"Yep, also, I love it when you call them your class!" I grinned and made my way to my classroom door, he stepped more into the hall, us both turning to face one another. "Besides the task at hand, why?" I let out a breath and leaned back against the door "Shota, whilst it'll give me a very small window to see my students capabilities, it'll allow me to rile up their determination for the third years haven't always been the way they are now!" He nodded before smirking slightly.

"So you're confident you'll be able to teach them first years how to end up like my third years?" I nodded and placed my hand upon the door handle, then turning as I slid it open "Yep, now go round up my little cheerleading squad!"

As soon as I stepped within the classroom I slid the door shut, hiding Shota from me. "Good morning class, I'm Y/n L/n and I'll be your homeroom teacher for this year! With U.A.s rules I can plan this class however I see fit, so instead of orientation you guys will be showing me what you're made of. So grab an outfit and I'll take you down to the changing rooms."

After everyone was changed I made my way through U.A. with them following closely behind. Walking up to the double doors that lead outside I could hear the all familiar voice of Ashido "Aizawa Sensei where is Y/n?"

"That's L/n Sensei to you Ashido." Came Shota's gruff reply before Ashido excitedly responded "So she's still our teacher, but she's just missing for today! Is she pregnant?"

Upon opening the door the whole of 3-A looked over with the addition of Shota "As much as I appreciate your previous concern Ashido, your conclusion to my absence from your class isn't as appropriate." She just pointed at me and yelled "Traitor! How could you abandon us L/n Sensei?" I laughed slightly "Lovely to see you too Ashido!" She grinned towards me and I smiled "Good to see you all again 3-A! I hope you all had a good holiday, but now it's back to learning." Ashido raised her hand "Did you and Aizawa Sensei have a good holiday L/n Sensei?" I nodded and she asked "So there's chance of a baby carriage?" I let out a breath.

"Ashido, I've been in the job for a year. I think taking such a big leave, right now, might make Principal Nezu think I want an out. Especially since that year involved teaching your class. As well, Aizawa wouldn't be here if I was pregnant, not a hit U.A. can take whilst your class continues to study." Most of 3-A turned to look at Shota, he just shrugged "Besides the point of you lot discussing our private lives, she has a point. You are problem children." A few looked around embarrassed as Ashido proceeded to continue.

"So next year, Aizawa Sensei can retire and L/n Sensei can carry out her dream of teaching all whilst being a mother of many!" I raised an eyebrow "Ashido, when did you become a life coach?" She grinned and jokingly curtsied stopping when Shota spoke "Thank you Ashido." She slowly turned and gave him a lopsided grin, obviously having forgot he was here when making the retirement comment.

Clearing my throat I began to discuss what the lesson would entail "Right, 3-A, 1-A, for today's lesson you'll be fighting eachother." My class was quick to yell "What? How are we supposed to fight them?" I looked over my shoulder to see them better "What, are you not up to the challenge? That's really not a good start." I completely turned to face them properly "So when you are to become heroes, you'll see an opponent and fight them on whether or not you think you can fight them?" There was a few uncertain nods. I hummed "So the civilians within the area will just have to take the blow?" All of them just remained still "As I thought, start stretching." They nodded and chorused "Yes L/n Sensei!"

They went walking past me to go into a more open space. I turned to see 3-A just sat around on the floor, Shota came up to me "Impressive, I've still helped them a little though. Might give them a few additional seconds." I nodded before looking over to my class "I'll get to see a few more seconds worth of capability... Now shoo, you're distracting me." He chuckled and leaned down to my ear "How am I distracting you?" I swatted at him and he laughed. I crossed my arms "You just have that effect on me." He hummed.

"What effect would that be?" He wrapped his arms around my waist from behind. I gulped, trying to keep my focus "The effect that makes me want to be in your presence all the time, even when I'm only able to see you." He hummed "We're on the same page then!"

One of my students then came walking over "Um, excuse me L/n Sensei, but do we need to fight them?" I noticed the rest of my class looking over. I nodded "Yes. I do not expect you to beat them, they've been learning here for two years. They were once exactly the same as you, I want you to take away from today."

"Can't we just watch them fight one another then?" I shook my head "No, sorry Nakamura. I want you to really experience it, to understand what happens during a fight. We overcome mistakes by going through life." They nodded, I smiled "If it makes you feel any better I can ask that they fight eachother after your battle, so you can watch." They nodded and smiled "Yeah, thank you L/n Sensei!" I nodded.

"No problem, now continue stretching!" They nodded and quickly went back to their group.

"Have I ever told you that Eri's lucky to have you?" I leaned my head back to look up at Shota "Maybe, I don't know!" He smiled and pressed a kiss against my forehead "Well I think you're the perfect mum for her!" I smiled before lifting my head to watch my class.

"Well, you're her perfect dad!"

[ Edited : 01/05/2024 ]