🥞Pancake Day Special🥞

If you plan on fasting this Lent, dig into not only pancakes but this chapter, hopefully it will be just as good (^⁠‿⁠^|⁠|⁠)

If you don't plan on fasting, I hope the pancakes are served because pancakes should not be missed, but dug into, so enjoy them and this chapter. (ʃ ⁠・⁠ ⁠ᗜ⁠ ⁠・⁠ ⁠)ʃ

Happy Shrove Tuesday
and/or
Happy Pancake Day

Happy Shrove Tuesdayand/orHappy Pancake Day

Y/Ns P.O.V

I woke up to feeling something crawl onto me, I opened my eyes to just have hair within them. Before I could move my hand I heard Eri whisper yell “Dad, you said you'd wake up early to make pancakes with me!” She was sprawled out on top of me. I carefully moved my hand around so I could move her hair from my face, and her own in the process. I smiled “Wrong person sweetheart.” She blinked before smiling shyly “Sorry mum!” I moved her hair so it was behind her ear “No need to worry about it sweetie!” She nodded before moving around again, moving off of me and onto Shota “Daddy, you promised to make pancakes with me!” Shota hummed before saying “I heard you tell Y/n.” Eri just plonked herself down on his stomach which knocked all the air out of his lungs.

“Okay, okay, I'm getting up!” Eri cheered and jumped off, then making her way out of the bedroom. I turned to be on my side, then moving Shota's hair so it wasn't in his face, I smiled “Morning handsome, mind telling me why I wasn't invited to make pancakes?” He brought me in closer as he already had his arms around me “Don't know... Why can't I just stay in bed with you?” I smiled and pressed a kiss to his cheek “Because that dear would upset our little princess and we can't have that!” He hummed and rolled away, removing his arms from me and somehow not falling off the bed. I smiled and piped up “It's meant to be students that roll out of bed, into clothes and out the door!” He just hummed, slowly getting changed in his sluggishly tired way. Once he left the room I let a small laugh, at watching his performance, leave my mouth.

🥞

After a while of lounging around in bed, I got bored and intrigued on what the plans of Eri and Shota were. Upon getting up I just went to the door, not bothering to put my hero costume on as the top of Shota's I wore to sleep covered everything. However, upon exiting the bedroom I felt something land on my head. I looked up to see a circle of dripping batter on the cieling. Putting my hand up onto my head, to then bring it in front of my face, left me looking at a batter covered hand. Looking over to the kitchen, and then the cieling in which I stood under I questioned how a pancake was flipped so far.

I walked into the kitchen and asked “Was I not invited so I could be pranked?” The duo looked over confused before their eyes widened. Shota then whisper yelling “I thought you said you ate the uncooked pancake you ran off with!” Eri looked to him and quickly shook her head “No, I said I... Uh...” She quickly looked to me and pointed at Shota “He did it!” Shota quickly got into a position that made it so he could quickly move, whilst looking around to find the best exit. I let out a breath and picked Eri up as she was sat on the counter “What really happened before your father leaves me to clean this mess up all by myself?” Eri nussled her head into me “I really wanted to flip the pancake but daddy told me that I couldn't, so I stole the pan and he chased me. I ended up flipping it as I ran and noticed it got stuck on the cieling, so I told him I ate it.” I nodded slowly, then leaning my head down to kiss the top of hers “Thank you sweetie, now how about we make those pancakes?” She lifted her head away from me and asked with watery eyes “Really?” I nodded and she grinned.