Chapter Seven

Y/Ns P.O.V

We pulled up to the cemetery and he got out, coming around and opening the door for me. I carefully picked up all the flowers and offered them to him, he carefully took them and I then unbuckled my seatbelt, getting out. I closed the door and carefully took the flowers he offered back to me so he could lock his car. He pocketed his keys and I offered out the blue bouquet, he accepted them “Let's do your visits first, you are the one with the most flowers after all.” I nodded and lead the way, eventually reaching the three headstones that sat next to eachother, I placed each bouquet down on the respective grave, then sitting in front of the middle grave which was my mum's.

“I'll leave you to talk to them.” I nodded and I heard his footsteps move away.

“Hey mum, Kyoko, Nori... It's been a while... Well, another incident happened with class 1-A and U.A. has built dorms for each student to ensure their safety... It's been hectic moving around, completing my hours after school because I'm still getting detentions, but seeing those I meet smile is worth it... That's about it... I hope your all doing well...”

I then heard a familiar voice yell “What are you doing here?” I quickly turned my head to see Ayaka and Kira. “I'm here visiting mum, Kyoko, and Nori.” She scoffed.

“Well you can take your visit and stupid flowers to the cemetery gates because you're not wanted here!” I quickly got up, straightening out my skirt and dusting it off “I'll leave, I'm sorry.” I went to turn away but she clicked her fingers, I turned and she pointed to all the flowers. I looked at them before looking back to Ayaka but before I could speak I heard Aizawa.

“Those flowers aren't for you, so they should not concern you.” I quickly turned and shook my head, he let out a breath “You won't upset people but I'm the opposite, I honestly do not care, especially when they are in the wrong... It's obvious you are Y/n's sisters. Whilst it's not my place to say who has right to visit your family, Y/n has just as much right as the both of you.” Ayaka crossed her arms “Then 'Y/n' obviously hasn't told you how they died!”

Kira looked at Ayaka and placed a hand on her shoulder “Come on Ayaka, we shouldn't make a scene here.” Ayaka shoved her hand off and looked at her to ask “Who's side are you on, the runts or mine?” Kira just glanced at me before looking at Ayaka again “Yours...” Ayaka nodded and turned back to face Aizawa.

“My mum and sisters would still be alive if it weren't for 'Y/n' being so weak that mum had to stay with her! We all would have been able to go home!”

“All of you? Where would Y/n have been?” Ayaka rolled her eyes before saying in a 'duh' sort of tone “One death is better than three, the number she caused by being a bloody weakling! Plus, no one would have missed her, she's a useless runt!”

I just looked to my feet “Have you visited your friend?” I looked over at him to see that he still held the flowers meant for his friend. I forced a smile “Mum wouldn't want to see us arguing so I'll come with you to visit your friend!” He looked like he wanted to refuse but he nodded slowly.

I walked over to him but once I was nearly next to him I felt something hit my back, I looked over my shoulder to see a trail made from stars of Bethlehem. Turning to pick up the bouquet, or what was left, I turned back around and neatened the flowers up.

“Come on Ayaka, I'm sure Kyoko and Nori will love those and not want them destroyed, they're their favourite colours!” I heard Ayaka scoff before she said “Get out of here!” I looked to Aizawa and he lead me to a headstone a fair way away from my families. He placed his flowers down and stood staring at the grave.

I plucked one star of Bethlehem from the bouquet within my hands and placed it next to the blue bouquet, I stood back to see Aizawa looking at me confused, I gave a small smile “My mum requested that I always show kindness for I don't know what others are going through... and my mum was someone that always did something for others, she would much rather share her flowers than have them all for herself... plus, you said he was 17 when he passed, so I'm sure he was pure, of heart at least, and that he would have hoped for a long life and bright future for you... I can take it back if it makes you uncomfortable.” Before Aizawa could respond an unfamiliar voice spoke “He says to ignore whatever Shota says because he's keeping the flower for it is now his, no take backsies...” We both turned to look at the grey haired man who looked very tired.

He looked at us both before his eyes widened “Sorry, I'm Benjiro Sakai, I can speak to spirits, hence taking a job that seems so dull to others- yes, okay, I'll tell them! Gosh, a very lively spirit... He says, Shota good to see you, I see you've gotten yourself a cat... He's winking at you and nudging you.” Aizawa just shook his head “One, she's not a pet and secondly, she's a fox, so not a cat either.”

“Awe, come on Sho, take a joke. However, if you're free, I'll gladly steal you from this miserable man... He's energetically blowing you kisses from next to who I'm assuming is Shota.” I blinked but before I could even respond the man did “Oboro, you're a spirit, you can't date her... He says he's trying to nudge his friend in the right direction.” Aizawa pinched the bridge of his nose “Sounds like Oboro... Can he hear us?”

The man nodded “Oboro, she's a student and if you've been here at the times in which I've come in the past then you'll know I'm a teacher.”

“He says, you could use the adrenaline... Uh, there's a woman stood staring at you.” I looked at him and asked “What does she look like?” He looked into the distance and spoke “Long white hair with big fluffy cat ears and a matching tail.” I looked over in the direction he did “Mum?”

“She's nodding... She says she's keeping her distance because she only wishes to watch over you.” I smiled and tried to hold back my tears, just nodding to the man.

I gulped down the lump that had formed in my throat “I'll leave you to talk to Oboro... Uh... Sakai could you please place these flowers on the woman's grave... M/n* L/n.” The man nodded and I carefully passed them to him “Thank you.” I quickly made my way out of the cemetery.

SHOTAs P.O.V

Once L/n left he spoke “Sir... I don't know how close you are to that young girl but... My daughter Akari Sakai, she can make spirits visible to those of us on this side of the Earth. She got both mine and my wife's quirks you see... My wife can make objects come to life... When I mentioned the woman she looked for her... I didn't want to mention it and upset her more-” I interrupted him “You want to arrange a day in which both L/n and your daughter can come... So she can see her mother again?” He nodded and looked over into the distance “She says she'd like to be able to hold her daughter at least one more time, but for the mean time can you comfort her.”

I shook my head “I cannot step into her mother's place, that is not what she needs... Ma'am, your daughter is very strong. There's hardly ever a day where she doesn't smile to lift the spirits of those around her, you should be proud... I'll bring her back to meet you... So I'll take your number so we can arrange that.” I turned away from looking into the distance to look at the man.

*
M/n - Mother's Name

[ Edited : 01/10/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 05/05/2023 ]