Chapter Eighteen

Y/Ns P.O.V

Once Eri calmed down she asked "The man with glasses... is he okay?" I looked away, unsure of what answer to give. As I looked around the room I noticed it was pitch black "How about we go see if we can find him?" She nodded and I positioned her so I could just stand and she'd be on my hip, ready for me to walk around.

I looked through the glass of each door we walked past until I saw him inside of a room, tubes in his stomach. Placing Eri down I crouched, being mindful of my wound "I'm going to see if he's awake, okay?" She nodded and I smiled, turning to the door "Just stay there and I'll come get you."

I walked in and went over "Hey Mirai, it's Y/n... I've been with Eri and she was wondering if you are okay." I heard him huff, him sarcastically asking "So you're unbothered?" I smiled and looked at his face to see his eyes open "I'm glad to see you've still got your spirit sir." He hummed and closed his eyes "Cover up all the tubes and you can bring her in." I nodded and lifted the sheet that covered his legs and carefully pulled it to cover his stomach.

I left the room and picked Eri up, walking back over to his side "Eri, this is Sir Nighteye, he was the mastermind behind the plan of getting you out!" Eri looked down at him and he gave a very small smile "Hello Eri, I hear you were worrying about me... I'll be okay." I smiled and added "And he knows that for a fact because he can look into the future!" He smiled towards me before lifting his arm slightly "Can I have a look at your future Eri?" Eri nodded and reached her hand out towards him.

He looked at me and I crouched slightly, placing my hand on his shoulder for more support as I wasn't completely crouched. This also made it so Eri could reach his hand. I activated foresight and was shocked at what I saw, I looked to Mirai and he smiled. I could only return the gesture in my state of shock and he put his sight back to Eri "Life will treat you well from today, I promise you... You'll even have a loving family to share it with. An absolutely amazing step mother!" I noticed him look over to me and I narrowed my eyes towards him.

Eri gasped and her eyes held excitement "Really?" Mirai nodded before placing all his attention back on her "Yes... Now Eri, I can't tell you when this family will come but promise me you'll be patient and smile through it all?" Eri nodded and Mirai hummed "Could you perhaps give me a smile?" Eri tried but just ended up with an open mouth showing her top teeth "I'm sorry, I've forgotten how..." I glared towards Mirai and he hummed "That's alright child! I saw it within your future and just wanted to see such a beautiful thing in real life... Now, Eri, can you step outside, I want to speak to Y/n? I won't keep her from you for long, do not worry!" Eri nodded and let go of his hand "Okay, get well soon Nighteye Sir!" I placed her down and she walked to the door, once it closed again, I looked at Mirai and crossed my arms with a raised eyebrow.

"Come on, you can't be mad at the dying man." I rolled my eyes and let my arms drop to my sides "What more do you know?" He smirked and closed his eyes "Depends on how much you know." I let out a breath before saying "I know I adopt her at some point, I don't know who with - you know! Spill!" He chuckled and shook his head "That would take the fun out of life..." I rolled my eyes and he sighed.

"I'm glad they resuscitated me now... I originally thought there was no point." I hummed and he opened his eyes to look at me "Don't be sad, I've lived a good life... Got to meet All Might... Got to teach two of the futures brightest heroes... Midoriya and Togata, haha... No, I haven't really taught Midoriya anything. I'll trust you with that, miss teacher in training!"

I rolled my eyes "Well, I've been taught by the best... Aizawa- what's with that face? What aren't you telling me?"

He chuckled "I'm glad you love him so much!" I crossed my arms and mumbled "You're lucky you're dying else I'd punch that smirk right off your face, stupid fortune teller!" He balled up his fist and lightly punched my side "That's for thinking such a thing... Punching a dying man... I find that rather insulting." He smiled and I returned it. "So who did you use your quirk on?"

"Mirio... He'll get his quirk back..." He smiled and closed his eyes "One amazing daughter you have." He cracked one eye open and I just smiled "Of course, I'll be the one to raise her with whoever the marvelous man I love is!" I flipped my hair and he let out a breath "I wouldn't say marvelous... More aloof!" I put my hands on my hips "That is not for you to judge, I bet you're just jealous because he's more charming than you and actually able to get a girl!" He glared at me before closing his eyes "Don't feel so confident, you don't know who it is yet." I shrugged before smiling and looking off "Whoever it is, I'll stand by them no matter what!"

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 19/08/2023 ]