Chapter Thirteen

SHOTAs P.O.V

I was sat at a table among various other heroes, some just being local as others were fairly well known. However, some students were here as well.

Nighteye walked in again after previously leaving, him watching the every step L/n took. Her entry being aided by a crutch. Mirio pulled the seat next to him out and she lowered herself into it.

“The young leader is Kai Chisaki, a leader had come before him but his whereabouts and status are unknown to us. Most importantly though, Kai has fostered a young girl, illegally, or so we assume... Y/n?” L/n nodded and turned her head to face everybody at the table “I recently went inside one of the Shie Hassaikai hideouts to gather information... I managed to find some information about the layout of the building through the route I took, but what I got the most information on was the little girl, Eri... As you've most likely heard or even experienced in some cases, they are making quirk cancelling bullets. What you were shot with Tamaki is not their end goal... Yes, a few seconds is more than anyone has created before but they're wanting to make a bullet that wipes the victims quirk out completely... And I fear their resources are limitless for they are getting the most vital ingredient from the disassembling of Eri... Assembling her again so they can repeat the cycle...”

The only ones to react were the students, Rock Lock obviously finding it annoying “I'll ask again, why are there kids here?” L/n slammed both her fists onto the table, almost everyone jumping and turning to face the girl “You just listened to all I said and still dare to question why there are students here? Your questions should be whether or not that young girl is okay! Or did you not hear me the first time, a five year old is being disassembled and reassembled as if she is a Lego set! Only her disassemble is a bit quicker and on a sentient being!”

Rock Lock responded almost immediately “Yeah, I heard you the first time, and with that I can tell you to not get your hopes up-” She slammed her fists into the table and stood up “Why, because she'll not be worth saving? She'll be past repair? Come on, tell me something I've not heard before Rock Lock! That little girl is sat in there hoping a hero will come along and save her because she did not choose to be stripped of her family and become part of a villains master plan! You might think losing your quirk is too high of a price to pay for one girls life, but heroes risk their lives everyday to save people... Something everyone has, even those before quirks had lives, but all of a sudden losing your quirk is making you forget what your job is! Your job is to protect those that can't protect themselves, no matter the circumstances. If you can't pull your weight now, when a little girl really needs you, then I request that you rethink your reason for becaming a hero because it was obviously not to protect!”

Almost all the heroes around the table hung their heads, but Rock Lock decided to continue “Nighteye, why is this kid, that can hardly stand, telling us how to do our jobs?” Nighteyes glared at him before glancing over to Bubble Girl who nodded and rushed over to L/n's side, helping her back into her seat and holding her as she cried.

“Foxy is speaking up as someone that knows the pain that girl is going through, not only physically but emotionally... I asked Foxy to go in and gather information, and she did so but Kai Chisaki did not welcome her presence. He disassembled her leg to reassemble it, then slashing her other with a knife.” L/n spoke up again, although her voice held just as much strength as before sniffles broke through “My injuries are not the concern here... You're all probably wondering what the girls quirk is... She can rewind time... I saw it myself when she lost control in a panic when a man, the man that took me to her, reached out to her... That man is no more. I can only assume that's what happened with her parents, allowing Chisaki to take her... However, as you can see, I am alive and not any younger than I was those days ago. Therefore, we have right to believe the quirk can be controlled to a degree... Me and Sir tried channeling it through my body after I woke up but there was no such luck because it's not a quirk we have knowledge of and that I was out for over the span of time in which I can copy a quirk for... God damnit, she told me everything and I couldn't even prevent them from taking her to be disassembled.”

Nighteye spoke “Y/n, we will save her! We just have to be patient.” L/n covered her eyes with her fists before dropping her arms to her sides “She's already been patient enough! Children in orphanages wish for the day in which they can leave, she's in a place much worse and can only hope to be saved! We're all sat here, fully in the know of her situation but yet we're not making a single move.”

Nighteye sighed “Y/n... I can not understand all the resurfaced feelings you're going through as of now, but we are going to save that girl. That is our main priority, I assure you Y/n.” L/n just nodded slowly before getting up slowly and making her way out of the meeting room.

Ururaka asked “Sir Nighteye, is L/n going to be okay?” Nighteye looked over to her and nodded slowly “If anyone will be okay, it will be Y/n... It's not my place to say what she's been through but I can assure you, she will come out of it and take it as a lesson.”

After everyone had left the meeting I found all the students gathered around a table, Midoriya and Togata talking about the day they met Eri. Everyone around seemed to be comforting them, even if the dampened mood lingered over everyone that sat there. Like everyone, L/n was not acting her usual self as she just sat there staring off. Her usually bright e/c* eyes had turned dull, her then whispering “I left her...”

I moved around to crouch down in front of her, but her mind still remained elsewhere. I sighed and placed a hand on her shoulder, she jumped slightly before looking at me “You are the reason we are going to be able to get her out with the least possible casualties and you showed her to keep her hopes up, because heroes are on their way. It may feel as if it is taking much longer than it should but it will all be worth it in the end, and it's down to the risks you took. You are a true hero.” She just blinked before tears escaped from her eyes, I stood and hugged her “Let it all out, no one is going to judge you... and I'm sorry for how I treated you, you didn't deserve that, because I know for a fact you're going to make an incredible teacher.”

Ururaka then questioned “You're wanting to become a teacher Y/n? That's so cool! Perhaps when we save Eri, you can teach her how to control her quirk more!” Y/n then spoke, it being mumbled because she had hid herself against me “I'm training as your classes aid... Aizawa sensei is my supervisor...”

Hado then chipped in “Yep, Y/n's already taught your class a couple things! Mineta now asks to touch your boobs instead of saying he wants to touch them!” Midoriya then stuttered out “What sort of lesson was that?” I sighed.

“It was a morals lesson on how to approach and interact with citizens, you lot didn't need it so we taught it whilst you were at work studies.” Asui then questioned “We? How does a speech on how to treat people take two people?”

Togata decided to answer “They did demonstrations! Y/n tried making it a little more fun and interactive, that way it would actually engage the class.” Hado nodded with a big grin “Yep, she even touched Aizawa's bum at one of the girls requests!” I noticed L/n tense at just the mention of that lessons events so I decided to speak “Don't you have your own lessons to worry about?”

MIRAIs P.O.V

I watched from afar as Aizawa hugged L/n, I went to interject but someone put a hand on my shoulder, I turned to see Kaoruko “You should be happy for her! She's a step closer to getting the happiness you saw!” I grumbled and turned “She deserves better.”

She crossed her arms “Aizawa might be a little serious, but deep down he cares. Look at how he protects 1-A, isn't that the type of protection you want for the girl you basically treat as the daughter you never had?” I narrowed my eyes towards her “I do not treat Y/n like my daughter.” She hummed before widely smiling “If you say so Mr Serious!”

*
E/c - Eye Colour

[ Edited : 21/11/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 16/07/2023 ]