Chapter Twenty-Four

Y/Ns P.O.V

I was in the faculty lounge just talking to Shota "I still can't believe you signed a contract with-" He rotated his wrist around and I smiled "Asahi Kobayashi... Yeah, I know, but those business students looked so hopeful and me signing the contact has actually landed Hiroto a job at Heroic Toys, which is really good for him and a step towards his future, the thing teachers are supposed to help with!" He hummed before signalling his coffee towards me "Not at your own expense though." I shrugged "Oh well, sticking to my selfless reputation... plus, money." He rolled his eyes almost playfully before taking a sip of his coffee "Weren't you the one to ask me when being a hero became all about money?" I scratched the back of my head lightly "Yeah, well I was actually planning on getting a job because I'll need the money to move out from the orphanage, you know, because I'll soon be finished with education." He nodded but before he could reply Midnight called over "Trainee, there's a student for you!" I looked over confused but became more confused with who I saw "Kira?" I quickly went over, stepping outside the faculty lounge and closing the door behind me.

I scanned her from head to toe "You're a student here?" She nodded "Yes, have been since first year, not why I'm here... You know the couple that adopted me and Ayaka?" I nodded slowly but became worried with how she gulped and looked around "They've done something to Ayaka..." I raised an eyebrow, unsure on whether or not to trust her, but never had I seen her look as nervous as she is now "What do you mean Kira?" She let out a shaky breath "Well... Ayaka has a boyfriend... Well, had... He broke it off with her once she informed him she was... pregnant..." I nodded slowly and tried to lighten the atmosphere "So, she's the reason I had to teach sex education... But that still doesn't answer what Mr and Mrs Kikuchi have done?" She didn't respond so I asked "Have they made her abort the baby?" She shook her head and I sighed "I don't know what you expect me to say Kira, if you can't tell me what's happened, I can't make a response." She balled up her fists by her side and whispered "I don't know where Ayaka is..." My stomach dropped and I asked nervously "You think they have taken her somewhere?" She nodded and looked at me with hopeful eyes "Please, I know me and Ayaka have never treated you well, but you have to believe me!" I gulped and tried to think straight "You're my sisters, no matter how you treat me I'll always care about you both and believe you, but, I can't do much... Even fully licensed heroes won't be able to do much because there needs to be solid evidence... Ayaka could have just run away-" She shook her head.

"No, the day we visited mum, Kyoko, and Nori, we went so Ayaka could voice out her worries. Kaede stormed over and was far from happy upon hearing Ayaka say she was pregnant, in the car she kept asking how Ayaka could do that to her... Daisuke then requested that they talk about it privately, I thought Kaede had come to terms with it, she even said she'd take Ayaka to have a check up and they did go, but Ayaka never came back... I then overheard Kaede on the phone, she said, you can do whatever to her... I think she hired people to take Ayaka." I placed a hand on her shoulder "I'll do what I can but I can't promise anything... Tell me if you find out anything more." She nodded quickly, getting out her phone, holding it out to me, I took it and put in my number, handing it back. "Do not try anything Kira, if Mrs Kikuchi is capable of this, I don't want to know what else she is capable of." She nodded and bowed quickly "Thank you Y/n!" She quickly rushed away.

I leaned back against the door and let out a breath, trying to keep calm for I didn't know what to do. I rubbed my temple until I put both arms out in panic as the door moved from behind me, I closed my eyes in anticipation for the impact but opened my eyes when I felt hardly anything at the end of my fall. Above me was Shota looking down, I looked around and he asked "What were you doing leant against the door?" I raised an eyebrow, quickly standing and turning to face him "You knew I was leant against the door but still opened it?" He nodded "Yes, because I have a lesson to get to. I caught you, didn't I?" I let out a breath and began walking, he hummed "Odd, usually you apologize for falling and thank whoever for catching you." I closed my eyes and took in a breath trying to calm down my nerves "Right, sorry... Thanks for catching me." He hummed, then mentioning "And usually you don't start walking before me... What did your sister say that shook you up so much?" I let out a breath and shook my head "Nothing really, I suppose I'm just shocked she came to talk to me." He hummed.

"Don't you have two sisters?" I nodded and he asked "Where was the other one?" I froze, making it so he managed to get in front of me, him then saying "You may feel you need to support and look out for everyone, but you are allowed to ask for help, after all, it helps no one if you keep it bottled up." I looked over at him to see him looking back at me from over his shoulder "Come on, 1-A needs their aid." I nodded and he looked forward again, continuing on his route, I speed walked to catch up with him until I walked normally upon reaching his side.

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 30/04/2023 ]