Chapter Six

Y/Ns P.O.V

The test came to an end and there was mixed expressions among the faces of class 1-A. One girl stretched with a big smile “That was a really refreshing test! Super easy!” I forced a small smile to the girl as I glanced at her, but quickly reverted my sight back to my paper, it brought back so many memories.

I quickly covered my mouth with my hand, not wanting to sob over what has become just memories. I brought my other hand up and used my arm to wipe my eyes, keeping my arm there, all whilst holding my paper in that hand. I felt someone take it and pat my back as they walked behind me. I removed my hand from my mouth and took in a deep breath, just trying to calm down, but I hadn't reminded myself of that tragic day in so long that I just crumbled. Sobs escaped my mouth as tears streamed down my face, grabbing onto the podium as I lost balance. I then lowering myself to the ground.

I heard Aizawa speak “Okay class, leave your papers on your desk and leave quietly, in an orderly fashion.” I heard chairs and feet move before the room fell silent again.

Feeling a hand on my shoulder, I moved my arm to see a blurry Aizawa in front of me “Do you want to talk about it?” I moved my hand down to be over my chest “It hurts!” He nodded and quickly brought his hand to his face, harshly rubbing his eyes once with the bottom of his palm.

“You chose to be a hero because you lost someone... didn't you?” I nodded slowly, a louder sob escaping my mouth, he brought me into his arms “It's okay to cry...” I moved my arms around to hug him back, sobbing into his chest “I miss them so much!” He hummed before moving one of his arms as I could then hear him sniffle slightly. “You can cry sensei... I know it hurts...” He held me tightly with just his one arm “I'm more concerned about you L/n... Do you want to go visit them?” I nodded and he patted my back “Come on... I'll come with you... You shouldn't be alone right now.”

He helped me up and we left the classroom “What about all the papers?” He chuckled slightly and patted over my shoulder blade, as that's where he placed his hand to guide me “Do not worry about that right now.”

He lead me to his car “Should you really be allowing a student in your car?” He shook his head but still opened the passenger door “No, but I think they'll understand.” I looked at him and he slightly pushed me, as if to encourage me to go in. I got sat in the seat and he shut the door, going around and getting in the driver's side. “Seat belt?” I quickly reached to the side of me and pulled the seat belt, buckling myself in, I nodded and he reversed out of the parking spot to then leave the parking lot.

After a short drive we pulled into a parking lot, I looked around confused and he said “I thought you might like to get them flowers.” I then spotted the small florists that stood by the parking lot, I nodded and unbuckled my seat belt, my door then opening. Aizawa offering his hand and closing the door behind me.

We walked towards the florists and entered, the bell chiming above our heads. I sniffed and relaxed at the smell of all the flowers, the old lady that stood behind the till looked over in shock “Y/n, it's so good to see you! How are you doing?” I smiled and left Aizawa's side to walk up to the counter where the till and woman were “Ahmya! I'm doing well, sorry I haven't been in a while, I got caught up with school, we've all moved into dorms, it's been a whole drama! How are you?” She smiled, the corners of her eyes crinkling more “I am doing well child, I assume the same as usual?” I nodded and rocked back and forth on my feet “Yes please!”

She nodded and moved around to go into the back but she continued to talk “Anything happening at the orphanage? A new family perhaps?” I smiled and shook my head “No luck for me. Not that I mind, for my mum is with me always!” I then heard Ahmya sigh “I honestly can't understand why people aren't adopting you, your lovely!” I laughed slightly and brushed my fringe out of my face “Thank you Ahmya, but it's honestly fine, and I prefer to see the younger blossoms branch off!” Ahmya came back, holding three bouquets, shaking her head “You are too selfless child... Oh, who did you bring with you?” I turned to look over at Aizawa who was just glancing around, I turned back to Ahmya “That's the teacher that serves all my detentions!” She laughed and shook her head “I still can't believe your that selfless you'll attend to someone else at the price of an hour after school!”

I grinned “I'd wait out an eternity if it allowed someone to smile!” She smiled and carefully placed the flowers down “Well, you won't have to wait for mine, you bring it to me whenever you come!”

“I best come more often then!” She just smiled before looking over to Aizawa when he asked “Do you have any flowers that are blue and... loud...” He sounded very unsure upon making the last request, Ahmya nodded “I think I know just the flower!” Ahmya went back into the back.

“She seems nice.” I looked over at Aizawa who was back at my side and nodded “Yeah... She helped me pick out the flowers you see here for my mum and sisters.”

“How old were you when you lost them?... If you don't mind me asking.” I smiled and looked down to the bouquets that laid on the counter “When my mum died I was six and however many days... When two of my four sisters died... I was six and however many days plus one.” I gave a sad smile before looking back to Aizawa “How about you?” He seemed shocked before he cleared his throat “I was 17... There was an incident during work studies.” I nodded before looking down “I'm sorry... Not just for your loss but the worry you must feel for each of your students when they go off for their work studies... Especially after what happened in Hosu...” He shook his head “Don't apologize... One only apologizes when something has gone wrong... Things only happen for a reason and at least he is at peace now... Doesn't have to worry about me now.” I smiled.

“He'd be proud of you sensei, I'm sure of it... Not only are you a marvelous hero that has protected twenty students but a teacher to them twenty, not just anyone can do the job you've done... And them insults you mentioned. I don't think any student from 1-A dares utter a single word, for you are the reason they are where they are today!” He smiled down at me as Ahmya then came back with a blue bouquet that contained three types of flower. “Is this okay, sir?” Aizawa looked over to her and nodded, Ahmya smiled “This darker blue is waterfall azure mist to represent friendship as the other darker blue is salvia, to represent healing. The light blue is then Brunnera, they symbolise memories and nostalgia.” Aizawa gave a very quick and faint smile “That's perfect, thank you.”

I put my hands in my pocket and looked down to where my hand was, I pouted “I'm so sorry Ahmya, I seem to have forgotten my purse-” Aizawa interjected my sentence “How much for all four bouquets?” I looked at him shocked but he didn't even look at me, Ahmya just smiled “That would be ¥11563 sir.” He passed over the money “Thank you, I must offer you my condolences.” Aizawa just nodded before giving a brief smile again “Thank you, have a good day.” She nodded and I waved before carefully picking up the flowers and following Aizawa.

Whilst driving Aizawa asked “What's the meaning behind your bouquets?” I looked down to the four bouquets that were laid on my lap, my hands protecting them from falling down. “Well the purple ones are for Kyoko, the darker shade are wild hyacinths which represent sorrow as the others are wisterias which represent good luck... The orange bouquet is then for Nori, the lighter ones are butterfly weed, many take it as a sign to be left alone but it really means letting go, the other being orange cosmos which represents order and harmony... I asked for these individual colours for they were their favourite colours, whereas Ahmya gave me flowers with such meaning to inform me, who is the same age as them, to let go and live my life for they didn't get the chance... The white bouquet is just stars of Bethlehem... On the night of the funeral my dad made us watch the stars and said that those we lose are the stars we see brightest... I picked the flowers myself seen as they look like stars, and that I wanted to have white flowers to represent the purity and hope that can lie within this world of villains.”

[ Edited : 01/10/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 04/05/2023 ]