Chapter Twenty-Five

SHOTAs P.O.V

Lessons had finished up for the day and whilst making sure we were ready to head over to our alliances L/n asked "Shota, how often do you do night patrols?" I looked towards her, raising my eyebrow slightly, she then looked over and I shrugged "Often, why?" I watched her reaction but all she did was give a quick and small smile before saying "I was just wondering, because obviously that's the only time a teacher would be able to perform hero work... I want to get used to the routine for when I become a teacher, or well, if." I hummed before saying "Don't put yourself down, your chances are extremely high... If you really want you can come on patrol with me tonight."

"Really?" I hummed with a nod and she smiled "Thank you so much!" I just gave a curt nod, still trying to wrap my head around her sudden change in behaviour. I decided to just shrug it off and head over to my quarters within 1-A's alliance. Then hours later finding myself knocking on a door within the 3-B alliance, it becoming a trend for the dorm belonged to L/n who asked to go on patrol whenever I did. Even though nothing much ever happened aside from a few petty thiefs on the odd occasion. However, nights had gone by and I still hadn't figured out why her behaviour had changed, but I wasn't the only one picking up on it, 1-A kept asking her if she had been sleeping alright because she didn't seem to have her usual energy.

We stopped on a roof to survey the area, I could tell she was listening to our surroundings as her ears occasionally twitched ever so slightly, which usually meant she had heard something but she made no reaction. I decided to walk to the edge of the building, looking down into the alley to find she had in fact heard something, a drunken man had a woman pinned to the wall, she was sobbing, I quickly sent my capture weapon down, capturing him and pulling him up to pull his head into my knee, knocking him out. I kept him tied and sliced off that part of my capture weapon to rush over to L/n, pinning her to the wall, that was one of the four that provided cover to the buildings stairs to get up here. I activated my quirk and yelled "What are you playing at? You evidently heard her down there so do not try lying to me!" However her response made me freeze, her whole body shook as gasps through sobs escaped her mouth. I deactivated my quirk and asked as softly as I could "Y/n, you need to talk to me, I want to help you." I gave her more space and gently placed my hand on her shoulder, she then whimpered out "I can't hear her... I can't hear her Sho..."

I brought her into my chest and rubbed her back, her sobbing into my top "So that's why there was only one... Why you wanted to come on these patrols... Y/n, I know you want to protect your family but you don't have to do this alone, you don't ever have to do anything alone!" She scrunched up my top as she held onto it, cold wind hitting the small amount skin that had become visible. We stayed like this until her cries calmed down, her grip on my top lessening. She then whispered "Thank you Shota." I nodded and took a step back "Come on, we should go back, you can take tomorrow to rest... You can't continue to work like this, no matter how much you want to, you can't... Trust me Y/n, I've been where you're stood right now and the end isn't pretty, it doesn't leave anyone smiling." She nodded sadly until she took her phone out as it rung once, her eyes widened when she saw the screen, she tapped it quickly "Y/n, please tell me you're at U.A!" Y/n looked at me before replying "I was about to head that way now, why?"

"No! No! No! Get to safety! Kaede! She somehow learnt I'd been contacting you! She has sent villains out to put an end to Foxy! To kill you!" That's when an unfamiliar voice spoke "Target acquired with a little bonus!" We both quickly turned to see a group of men with big builds, the one in front was smirking as I caught eye contact with him, he then whispered darkly "How's Shirakumo? Hey, Shadow, do you remember that Garvey villain?" A large shadow emerged from the ground, it slowly taking the form of the giant villain I lost Oboro to. I took a step back only to see L/n dash forward, her hand brushing mine as she went past, her hair then flying into the air, as she jumped through the shadow, that collapsed into the floor, then kicking the black haired man and jumping back. Strings then shot out and attached to her, pulling her towards me, I quickly followed the strings and activated my quirk, L/n managing to cut the strings with her nails just as a chain shot out and tied around my neck but they slackened and fell off my shoulders when L/n looked off in the direction they came from. The man that did all the talking spoke again "Lets see how long you can both keep this up for!"

Shadows formed and attacked each of us, gradually putting space between the two of us, L/n yelled "We need to get rid of these shadows! Do you think they'll have the same weakness as Fumikages friend?" I shrugged and punched a shadow figure in the face, it stumbling back "I don't know, worth a shot!" I quickly turned and shot past the lampost that stood close by, looping my capture weapon around it, I got stood on the opposite building and pulled with as much strength as I could muster, L/n then shot fire towards it and it bent easier. I retracted my capture weapon once it was shining on the building, the shadows disappearing. I quickly shot back over to the building. The one that could make chains from the palms of his hands went towards L/n as the one that hadn't shown his quirk came over to me. I kept his quirk erased, not wanting to find out what he could possibly do. "You're blinking more Eraserhead! 23 seconds... 20 seconds... Then 17!" I froze up at the reminder of the dreaded day where I first became introduced to the league of villains, then just like that day, before I could react my opponents hand was on my face, but unlike last time I wasn't sent to the floor, I remained on my feet but only darkness stood around me.

Y/Ns P.O.V

Chains kept wrapping around me and falling off as I deactivated the man's quirk for a second, as they'd fall from the palm of his hand and be out of his control. As the fight went on I could see him weakening and second guessing his next move, until eventually he just fell to the floor but before I could celebrate one villain going down I heard "Hard to use your quirk without your vision, isn't it Eraserhead?" I looked over to Shota to see the man I hadn't seen any action from stepping away as Aizawa just stood with his hand over his eyes until he removed it but he stumbled back slightly, I quickly turned to the one that was narrating "What have you done?" He turned to look at me and smirked as his eyes met mine "Would you like to be shown, copycat?" He then chuckled "Isn't that a little disrespectful to your mother? She gave you your foxy appearance but yet you settle for copycat as a quirk name, when your more of a bitch than a feline..." Shota distracted me from his comment by yelling "Y/n, do not listen to a word he says! He's just trying to get in your head!" I nodded and quickly grabbed one of my batons, swinging it but as I did the case flew off and instead of hitting the man's neck it sliced it, his blood spraying everywhere, I froze at what I had just done, my sword falling out of my hand and clattering against the floor.

The narrator began laughing like a mad man "Oh what a hero you are, you just killed him!" I fell to my knees and shook my head "I didn't mean to... I promise I didn't mean to..." He continued to talk "He had a family... You just took away their father... You just took away a lot of peoples friend." I gasped for air and shook my head "Your the one with blood on your hands!"

SHOTAs P.O.V

My vision slowly came back but I had to blink to adjust to the lighting. "How about you pay your respects and die like mummy?" I then looked around to see strings attached to L/n and her sword in both hands, with her arms out and the blade facing her way but before I could even try follow the string to erase the culprits quirk the blade pierced through her, a scream leaving her mouth, I quickly turned to erase the culprits quirk, then running over to L/n who had her hands hovering around the sword handle, I quickly took both her hands "Don't touch it!"

Sirens sounded and the villains that remained conscious scarped, leaving the two that laid on the floor there, not that one would awake. I carefully picked L/n up "You're strong... You'll be okay..." I tried to comfort her and reassure her as I got us off the building, the ambulance and police cars pulling up. The paramedics rushed around, brining the bed over to me and ensuring I placed her down carefully, the police just rushed inside to get onto the roof. "Sir, do you want to come with her?" I nodded and followed the paramedics into the back of the ambulance.

Upon arriving at the hospital they rushed her inside, I wanted to run beside the bed to provide some sort of comfort for her but I knew better than to get in the way of them moving the bed, so I opted for a seat in the waiting room, a nurse came over with a clipboard "Can you just fill this in so we can register the patient?" I nodded and took the clipboard and pen.

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 30/04/2024 ]