Chapter Twenty-Nine

sleepweeby: Before I begin this chapter, I just want to say a massive thank you for reading up to this point and getting my book to over 1K reads, it means so much to me, along with all of you voting, you guys really are amazing, and I really hope my book is something you can continue to read and enjoy!

Y/Ns P.O.V

I watched Kaoruko and Juzo walk away before I turned to head towards Shota to see a green haired woman speaking to him, he didn't look too pleased with the woman's presence, so I went to make my way over but stopped at my phone ringing.

I took it from my pocket to see Mirio written across the screen, I clicked the green button and placed my phone to my ear "Hello." Mirio's cheery voice immediately met me though the phone "Y/nn, I was just ringing to remind you of our date tonight!" I hummed, after my assumption of him not being the person within my future I didn't wish to go, not wanting to drag Mirio around. "Yeah, I haven't forgot... Who will be looking after Eri, Shota informed me that he'd be taking the day off for family reasons?" He let out an oh, fairly disappointedly as well, he then happily yelled "If Aizawa sensei isn't back in time for me to head out, I'll ask Midoriya to look after her." I hummed, he then asked "Where are you, I can hear a lot of people and traffic?" I quickly came up with a cover, obviously not wanting to upset him over the fact Mirai didn't have any last wishes for him "I got discharged and headed to Nighteyes Agency to report what had happened, just so they're aware that I'm unable to do hero work as of now. I just finished speaking with Kaoruko and Juzo actually."

"Do you want to come spend time with me and Eri then?" I smiled "I'd love to, but I want to go visit my mum... The events have just brought that day back." He let out an oh before saying "Of course, are you sure you're up for tonight?" I hummed.

"Yes, of course, it'll be good to keep my mind off it... Now I must go if I want to get all of today's plans completed!" I laughed slightly and he did as well "Okay, don't get tangled up in anymore fights, I'll see you tonight!" I hummed "Yeah, you and Eri have fun!" I lowered my arm and pressed the red button, my screen showing my lockscreen picture, a picture of me, Mirio, Tamaki, and Nejire. I smiled before pressing the power button and putting my phone away.

I walked over to Shota and he immediately looked over "L/n, how did it go?" I nodded slightly "It went well, but it turns out I never needed that contract with Asahi Kobayashi." He raised an eyebrow before shaking his head slightly "Your main reason for doing it was to support that group of students, in fact, have you heard from Hiroto since Kobayashi took him on?" I nodded quickly "Yes, he's doing really well, he's even come out of his shell a bit." The green haired woman then laughed slightly "Eraserhead calling someone by first name, now that person must be lucky." Shota shook his head "No, Y/n just never told me another name for him otherwise I would have used that." I just smiled "You have a good memory Shota, might have to borrow you at times!" I laughed slightly and he smiled the woman then looked confused "Eh? Eraser, a good memory? He couldn't remember my name for ages." I hummed and pointed to her "I've actually seen him do that, that one general studies teacher that tried talking to you... Not that I can remember her name as she just glares at me... But you said she was annoying." He hummed, the woman next to me deflating slightly, before she asked with a big grin "But why does she glare at you?" I shrugged before Shota sighed "Because I called out to Y/n, I don't see why you are interested Ms Joke." I pointed at her "I remember Ashido talking about you, says there was some sort of romance." Shota grumbled as the woman bounced with joy. I then felt my phone vibrating and brought it up to see Ashido written across the screen, I answered it "Ashido, has something happened?" The girl on the line laughed "No!" I raised an eyebrow and looked to the time "Then why are you calling, and during class none the less?"

"Relax teach, the substitute is just not the vibe if you get me! Anyway, I felt my ears ringing and thought you were the only one able to talk about me, are you telling the nurses how great I am?" I smiled and shook my head "Trust me Ashido, if I was still in hospital I'd be telling any nurse I saw how amazing all of your class is!" She then yelled "Guys, Y/n just called us all amazing, aside from you Mineta." I rolled my eyes and let out a breath "I was actually speaking to Shota." She gasped and quickly asked "Your with Aizawa sensei, oh All Might, please tell me you've snook out of school for a date! My ship, it's sailing, isn't it Miss Y/n, please make my wishes come true!" I blinked and asked awkwardly "I thought you shipped Shota with Ms Joke?"

"Oh that's old news, now, back to you and Aizawa Sensei, I knew Mirio Senpai was not right for you!" I just stared at my phone, Shota taking it "Ashido, it's L/n Sensei to you, and before I even begin on how inappropriate it is to call her, it is beyond inappropriate to make such assumptions, especially when they are not true." I then heard Ashido whine "Come on Aizawa Sensei, L/n Sensei is a catch, even you have to admit-" He tapped the red button and passed my phone back "You didn't have to put the phone down on her, she's just being a curious teenager, when I was her age I shipped you with Present Mic." Ms Joke doubled over laughing "I love this girl!" Shota just grumbled "I think it's time we go." I smiled awkwardly before turning to Ms Joke "It was lovely to meet you Ms Joke!" I quickly followed Shota to the car "Present Mic, really?" I laughed.

"You're complete opposites and opposites attract, plus he was the only person I ever saw you talk to, as well as Kayama Sensei." He then asked "What, did you ship me with her as well?" I shook my head "Not really, we all kind of took Kayama Sensei as someone that would either be extremely flirty or extremely aromantic." He just shook his head "So I'm not either of those?" I shook my head "No, we all took you as someone that would flirt just to tease, you know, like a mysterious person that always makes someone contemplate the status of their relationship." He looked over his shoulder at me before facing forward and muttering "Teenagers scare the living shit out of me." I laughed and quickly walked to get beside him "And yet you work with them!"

🌸

We arrived at the cemetery and I turned to Shota "Why do you do all of this for me?" He looked at me shocked before replying "Because I am you're mentor and I need to look out for you." I shook my head "No... You train Shinso personally but yet you don't drive him around, hug him, or share personal information to comfort him." He just reached for his door handle "The situation has never arised." I quickly leaned over and pulled his door closed, not realizing how close we were "Do not lie to me! You tell me to speak my mind all the time, so Shota, I want you to speak your mind!" He sighed "Okay, I care about you. I relate to you but couldn't be more different. You've been hurt one hit after another but still smile and ensure that is reciprocated from those you meet, yet I get hit once and can't even smile for myself let alone make others happy." I quickly hugged him "Shota... You're feelings and grief are valid, even if someone has had it worst by some stupid standard... And that's what I allow people to see, like everyone I break down, but no matter what, it costs nothing to be kind, and I understand that you're probably scared to loose anyone again but so am I, that's why I fight to make those around me reciprocate that smile, because then no matter what fate brings, they have been happy. Because we all have our down days, but that's what makes life so memorable because without those down days we wouldn't be able to see how happy we have been!" He returned the hug and whispered "You are amazing Y/n..." I smiled.

"You are as well Shota, perhaps not at seeing your self worth but we can't be great at everything!" He chuckled and said "I think you are."

"Actually, I'm not good at saying no." He hummed before chuckling lightly "You don't say... Perhaps you should just get a partner that's good in that area, because you don't need to change." I laughed lightly. "So I need someone that can drive and say no, anything else?" He hummed "Yes, someone that appreciates you." I hummed before smiling and asking "Are you describing yourself Mr Shota Aizawa?"

"Nah... I don't really do well with appreciation." I rolled my eyes "Oh you can dish it out, you just can't accept it. There's a difference!" He hummed.

"Is that so?" I hummed then quickly jumping back at the sound of a phone ringing, he blinked as if coming back to reality, then taking his phone and answering the call "Yeah, I'm here, just give us a second to walk up to you."

[ Edited : 02/01/2023 ]

[ Re-Edited : 01/05/2024 ]