Chapter Twelve

Y/Ns P.O.V

Sir Nighteye had called me in to have a one-to-one meeting.

I stood in front of his desk as he sat behind it "I hear you've started training to be a teacher, how is that going?" I shrugged before glancing around, taking note of where everything is. Just incase he wishes to pull one of his stunts of proving oneself "My supervisor has already threatened to tell the principal I am unfit so, well... Now, what is this about? You've been avoiding contact with me since I said I'd be busy with teacher training." He hummed.

"Yes, don't take it personally. I just felt it was an important opportunity for you, but if you wish to get straight to the point. We shall... I have the whole agency monitoring an underground group called the Shie Hassaikai, we're really getting no where... Due to you being a runt your fox form meets the size of the average house cat, I was wondering if you'd perhaps be able to sneak in and get any information." I let out a breath "I can try but with how your struggling to gather anything with the whole agency working on it, I doubt they're dumb enough to not realize I'm a fox instead of a household cat."

Turns out, one man was dumb enough.

Walking around the hideout without doing anything else had a man pick me up. Him then bringing me down many long hallways before entering a room that had a few unopened boxes containing childrens toys, which sat around the sides and upon a bed which was in the centre "Eri, I brought you a friend."

He placed me down on the bed and I slowly went towards the girl. I nussled into her because I could sense her fear, but nothing I did calmed her down for the man continued to say how she should be grateful. When she didn't move or make a peep he dropped the boxed toy on the bed and came around to get closer but when he reached out, his hand slowly grew smaller until eventually there was only a pile of clothes on the floor.

I jumped off and transformed, the girl slamming herself into the head board. Picking up the toy I placed it neatly with the others.

Going back to the bed and sitting on the end, lowering my head into my hands. Brushing away the hair that had fallen into my face I turned to look at the girl, I forced a smile and whispered "Hey, I'm Y/n, but most people call me Foxy for it's my hero name, what's your name?" Her eyes widened slightly before she whispered "Eri." I nodded and smiled "That's a very beautiful name, for a very beautiful girl... Tell me... How did you get here Eri?"

I asked her questions I felt a child would remain comfortable with but what would a child in her situation be comfortable with. Even still she was happy to share and over time did move closer to me, I eventually was able to hug her to my side.

Anyone looking on would probably think I was the one in the villains clutches, for the girl only seemed to show sadness and fear at times, unlike me that felt I could ball my eyes out at any moment over the information this girl had shared. "Eri... I promise... We will save you... and once you're out of here and safe, I'll do everything in my power to make sure you get placed within a good home..." She cuddled more into me "Thank you Y/n!" I nodded and kissed the top of her head, holding her closer. However, I had to release her when I heard footsteps coming towards the door. I transformed and she held me close, probably understanding that my hearing was enhanced.

The door opened and a man wearing a mask walked around to get in front of Eri "Eri, it's time- What is this you have?" Eri held me tighter and replied quietly "The man brought her down to me." He hummed before holding out his hands "Can I hold her?" Eri looked down at me but looked back to him "Please don't hurt her... I'll come, just please don't hurt her." The man hummed before glancing at her, she passed me over and he held me from under my front legs "Hm, a very good temperament... Nemoto, take Eri..."

Someone wearing a mask in the shape of a bird beak came in, I couldn't even make an assumption on what gender they were for they wore only a black cape that covered their whole body, only sticking out their hand to drag Eri away.

I was then thrown into the wall, to keep up my act I remained in my fox form, not wanting to know what he'd do if he found out I wasn't even an animal let alone a cat. He walked over and picked me up by my neck "What to do with a filthy little fox..."

Taking note of the glove on his other hand disappearing, I struggled to try and free myself but pain shot all over my right hind leg. However, the pain no longer felt as if it was all over my limb but at the joint. I could feel blood rolling through my fur in the area where my leg would be and looked down to reveal my leg to be completely gone "Oh, is that a bit cruel?" In front of my eyes my leg reassembled "But I can't see you out unscathed..." He took a knife from his pocket and slashed at my left hind leg before dropping me "So messy..." He left the room and I transformed to walk easier.

Listening out to make sure the coast was clear, making a quick get away as soon as I was certain. Having to use the walls for support so I could get out quicker.

After managing to reach outside and hobble away from the hideout, I collapsed to the floor only a few steps away.

My right leg killed, even though scars were the only thing there. "Nighteye, Foxy has got out but she's injured... and it looks bad." I glanced around as my eyes fluttered closed, until eventually they became too heavy to even open a crack.

When I was finally able to open my eyes again I looked around to find myself in a very familiar infirmary, the infirmary of Nighteyes agency.

I didn't wish to move but did glance over to the seat next to me when I heard Nighteyes voice "You should have left at the first sign of danger." I sighed and moved around to sit up "Can't abandon ship just because the water gets a little choppy... plus, it was a mission and I saw it through to the end because I could. Plus, I only got my injuries just before leaving because Kai Chisaki isn't an idiot unlike the associate that took me inside, but I think that was only to bribe Eri into thinking being disassembled rewards one with gifts."

[ Edited : 21/11/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 11/05/2023 ]