Chapter Fourteen

Y/Ns P.O.V

Lessons went on as normal as those of us that knew of the Shie Hassaikai waited anxiously in secret. I could see it was affecting every student involved but Midoriya was affected the most and I can understand completely. Like me, he had chance to save Eri. I closed my eyes and pinched the bridge of my nose, trying to reassure myself that the wait is necessary.

“Class dismissed.” Each student packed away and began leaving and once we were alone Aizawa said “If you had taken her away then you would have, in the eyes of the law, kidnapped her... and as well, if you want this mission to go smoothly, you're going to need to have the energy to partake without bringing risk to yourself.” I rubbed my face.

“I can't... All of this just reminds me of everything... and I can't help but worry she'll die in the arms of a hero because of how much her body has gone through... my sisters were only stabbed once but yet they aren't here today-” He brought me into his arms “Shush... everything will hopefully work out fine, Nighteye, someone that can literally look into the future is leading us in and I doubt he'd let the girl die... and as well, you understand what her body is going through, you're just left with a reminder of the pain... she'll be okay.” I nodded slowly and hummed “Y/n... are you falling asleep?” I hummed before tiredly explaing “I can hear your heartbeat.”

I heard a ding and shot up, sitting on the bed. I looked around and noticed the two phones on the bedside cabinet lit up with a message, the message we'd been waiting for. I quickly turned and began patting Aizawa “Aizawa sensei, wake up... Mirai has messaged.”

He slowly opened his eyes and hummed “Go get ready.” I nodded and got out of the bed. The top he let me borrow, for my temporary stay, falling to cover almost the whole of my thighs. However, my tail kept it up ever so slightly at the back, hence me wearing shorts.

“Have you tried listening to a clip of a heartbeat, so you can sleep without having to bunk with anyone?” I looked at Aizawa and shook my head before smiling “I'll try it... Is that everything done for today?” He looked around before nodding “Yes, head over to your dorm, eat something before going to sleep.” I nodded and waved as I walked out the door “Will do Aizawa sensei, have a good night!”

I laid more awake than ever as the sound of a heartbeat surrounded my room. It doing quite the opposite of calming me, as it made me feel as if my room was alive. As one would assume it was beyond unsettling. I didn't even dare blink or move, only doing the two when I was startled by the sound of my alarm. I took that as my opportune time to get out of the hammock and turn the heartbeat audio off. Once I was ready, I headed out, but I was immediately told off once I walked into the classroom “You're late- I thought I told you to go to sleep last night, not stay awake?” I nodded before covering my mouth as I yawned “My room was alive... and... I'm late?”

He sighed and said “Just get in my sleeping bag.” My tired brain didn't even question his request and just went along and did it.

I was dressed in my hero outfit and walking towards the group I could see tiredly clustered. “Is everyone ready?”

They all turned to look at me, Nejire cheering “Y/n you look more alive than the last time I saw you! Have you managed to catch up on your sleep?” I nodded with a smile, deciding to answer “Yep! I've managed to catch up on my sleep, thanks to some weighted sleep equipment.” I heard Aizawa come up behind.

“Come on you lot.” As a group we all headed off for the train station, all sitting in one compartment.

I could tell the students of 1-A were nervous. I wished to help settle their nerves but I didn't want to make promises I couldn't keep. I let out a breath and forced a smile “You four needn't worry, Nighteye wouldn't have allowed you to come along if he didn't think you could handle this. Plus, he's a man that can look into the future.” They all looked to one another before looking over at me and showing a small smile. From next to me Aizawa patted my shoulder.

Soon enough the train pulled into our designated station and we all got off. Following after Aizawa seen as it felt fitting, considering him being the only responsible adult.

Before long, we reached the agency and entered. All of those that were present in the meeting were gathered.

Aizawa spoke “Those of you in uniform, go change.” They all headed off with their suitcases, leaving me and Aizawa among the crowd.

“Thank you... I'll be out of your way after this.” He nodded before turning to face me “Don't be scared to say you're struggling, a lot of people care about you and we are all here for you... You don't have to struggle alone.” I nodded and smiled.

“Thank you, and I hope if there's anything you need I'll be able to be of assistance... You've made it so I can be here today, and that means a lot to me.”

He shook his head “You would have come even if you were exhausted, because we know how important this is to you... This is practically the reason you wished to become a hero, to reduce the suffering of a child.” I nodded before looking away and smiling “U.A. made me realize, children aren't the only ones that need further protection... Everyone is affected by the chaos caused by villains, even heroes themselves... Children aren't the only ones that need love and care...” I smiled towards him “But everyone... Love and care, it's how we can smile at the end of the day.”

[ Edited : 21/11/2022 ]

[ Re-Edited : 16/07/2023 ]