Chapter Forty

Y/Ns P.O.V

Watching my peers walk across the stage that was set up outside only increased my nerves, the cheers from their families only added to the pit in my stomach as I could already sense the silence that would follow my steps. I let out a breath but it got caught in my throat as principal Nezu spoke “Last, but by far not least, we have a student that has quietly worked to keep U.A. running happily. I am happy, and honoured to award this student with not only their diploma but a teaching position here at U.A. High School. Y/n L/n, if you would like to come up here and collect your diploma!” I was able to release my breath completely before I smiled and pushed my hands down onto my knees, standing from my chair and smoothing out my gown. I nearly forgot to take my step as a chorus of cheers ripped my focus from the stage to behind me.

In the audience was everyone I knew from the orphanage, a handful of heroes from Nighteyes Agency, and a lot of students. I turned back at Nezu humming “Seems my decision has most of the student bodies approval!” I smiled and walked towards the stage, climbing up the stage to walk across and reach Nezu who stood upon a podium within the centre. He shook my hand before handing me my rolled up diploma. “I look forward to having you on the team, that is if you accept?” I smiled and nodded, then bowing my head “Thank you, I won't let you regret your decision principal Nezu!” He nodded “I'm happy to hear that, now would you like to say a few words as this year's highest achiever?” I blinked before nodding in a rush to answer. He chuckled and slid off the podium, moving over to the chairs in which faculty sat on along the back.

I looked back out to the students that had graduated with me and the audience that was here for us. “To my fellow graduates, I want to thank you for walking along this path with me, and thank you to those of you that have supported my peers up to this point... Even though I don't wish for natural disasters and catastrophic accidents I hope that you will all be able to flourish into the heroes I know you are capable of being. Let's join our heroes and keep our fellow citizens safe, plus ultra!” I raised my diploma and the students I'd been with for three years followed suite whilst shouting “Plus ultra!”

I looked over my shoulder towards principal Nezu, and he hopped off his chair, coming over and climbing up the podium, once he was back in his place he turned to me “Thank you L/n, if you would like to join your peers.” I nodded and bowed my head to him, beginning to walk to the other side but stopped upon seeing Shota in the last seat, I turned on my heel to face him completely “Aizawa Sensei!” He raised an eyebrow and I quickly bowed from my hip “Thank you!” He grunted and stood from his seat “Stand up L/n.” I stood straight and he moved his arms upwards before I felt something be placed on my head without disturbing my ears, I looked at him in shock as he then bowed his head “It has been my pleasure to teach you L/n, I look forward to working with you next year.” I brought my hand up to my face and quickly wiped my eyes, he lifted his head and chuckled “No need to get emotional.” I smiled and nodded “There's always reason to show emotion, and thanks for catching my cap!” He nodded and smirked “Couldn't have your crown slip, so keep your head up high because you should not have to shy away.” I stook my hand out and he shook it.

I heard someone clear their throat and quickly looked around to see principal Nezu looking over, I quickly flashed a smile before heading down the steps and back to my seat “I'm a bit upset that I didn't receive such a sincere thank you but I understand, so no need to worry... Now, as this graduation draws an end to your time here at U.A. we don't consider it much of a send off, so those that haven't planned to jump head first into their careers the second caps fly can attend the after party, I hope to see some of you there but if I do not see you then, I wish you well on whatever missions you embark on within your futures!”

🌸

The doors of gym gamma blocked me from seeing the party that my peers were enjoying, but I could hear all that they could as the booming music was not hindered by the gym walls. That's when the volume increased greatly, I looked to the doors to see them open with a white wearing Shota holding up two students under his arms, but they weren't rowdy third years, in fact, they were rowdy first years. I laughed as Ashido and Kaminari kicked about and whined, the two stopped and lifted their heads to look at me, Ashido then yelling “Y/n! Please help us, Mr Aizawa is being unreasonable! We just wanted to celebrate with you incase you don't teach us next year!” I laughed and looked to Shota “Stop man handling our students.” He rolled his eyes and just dropped them, walking over to stand by my side. I looked down at the now groaning teenagers that had sprawled themselves out against the floor. I looked at Shota “Did you really have to just dump them? We don't need broken bones added to the ones Midoriya provides.” He smirked slightly.