Chapter Thirty-Eight

Y/Ns P.O.V

"I still don't understand why you three suddenly want to walk me to 1-As classroom." Mirio pulled me to his side, his arm thrown over my shoulders "Because we're all back together, like the four seasons. We are guiding you to warm up the cold classroom where Aizawa Sensei sleeps!" I smiled and shook my head "Whilst the rest of U.A. may not consider Shota to be pleasant, 1-A holds a lot of admiration for him." Nejire looked to Mirio "How hard did you hit all of them upon our meeting?" Mirio laughed and I just rolled my eyes "I wasn't involved in that fight Nejire, but yet I admire him as both a hero and teacher." She turned to be smiling at me as she walked backwards "Well that's because you like him. Much rather, you love him. You can't deny it Y/n, I've seen the look on your face whenever you talk about him!" I let out a huff and crossed my arms "He's my mentor Nejire." She raised an eyebrow "I know you always care about others feelings, but how they feel about what you like isn't something you need to consider. Be selfish for once, break the rules and do something for yourself!" Mirio hummed and took his arm off of my shoulders "I have to agree with what Nejire is saying. Me and Tamaki will never be fully accepted because people are different, and not always in the best of ways, but that is never going to stop us because we are happy!" Nejire's cheery face changed to one that I was familiar with from working with Shota. "You two haven't even been together 24 hours." I laughed before smiling towards Nejire "But they've been friends for the longest time, not that time is important-" She rolled her eyes and spoke "Because your closest person isn't the person who's known you the longest, but the person that came and never left... We know!" She smiled.

"Those two have never left one another, they support eachother like walls that make up a building." I felt Mirio place his hand on my shoulder, I looked to see his wide smile "If anyone has a chance it is you. Aizawa Sensei has supported not only the actions you do now but the future you wish to have for yourself." I then looked to Nejire as she continued "Gosh, you two could make the next power couple. Plus, I think the man needs someone selfless just to look after him, like look at him!" I laughed.

"Thank you guys, I definitely couldn't have better friends." Nejire waved her hand up and down in the air "Oh you flatter us Y/n!" She stopped and jumped over to grab both my shoulders and shake me "But I don't think you realize how much you do for all of us! Be selfish for once and chase your man!" I laughed and replied "Haven't you already said that?" She rolled her eyes before grinning "If I say it enough you might come to think it's detrimental to me and fall to your selflessness."

"You shouldn't use Y/n's kindness as a lever Nejire." Nejire pouted and looked to Mirio "But it's for her own sake!" Tamaki then stuttered.

"Y/n will find her relationship with whoever when she is comfortable... Like me and Mirio." I looked over and smiled, before looking to the classroom we stood outside of to see the big 1-A sticker on the door. I noticed through the glass placed within the 'A' that Ururaka and Ashido were onlooking, them both looking confused. I smiled towards the two before turning back to my group of friends "Well this is my stop, I'll see you all at lunch?" They all nodded, Nejire then saying "Go swipe that man's heart you little fox!" I glared towards her and she quickly turned to dash away, I went to follow her but a fabric prevented me from stepping away from my spot "You are already late as it is L/n so perhaps you don't go play fetch with your friend." I turned my head to see Shota smirking, most definitely over his joke that referred to my canine quirk.

SHOTAs P.O.V

Y/n had refused to help me with paperwork during lunch, saying that she was 1-As assistant and not mine. Therefore I am still in the faculty room grading papers even though school hours ended a fair bit ago. I rubbed my face and picked up my phone, scrolling through to her contact.

'Y/n'

You
I'm sorry for making a joke based on your quirk