Chapter 41

"Ling,? Your mind is too heavy."

Ling's mentor once said this to him, that is the respectable military lady, Wenger's father-in-law, Mr. Rhein. It was he who saved Ling's life.

He said, "Have you ever done one thing as you like?"

Ling thought for a while, then said: "I will decide the workload of the adjutant as I want."

Mr. Rhine's face was sullen, but he was still not stiff in the end, and he leaned forward and closed with a smile. He wiped his laughing tears and said, "Okay,? Except for this, is there any more?"

Ling shrugged: "No, you know,? Maybe even how many times I breathed in a minute? It was counted."

Who counts it? Naturally, the Zerg who coveted him secretly.

He said it very naturally, but the more indifferent the appearance, the more silent Rhein was. He looked at Ling, and finally just said: "You are no longer the cub of ten years ago, no one can hurt you? You don't have to be so careful..."

"No,? Lord Rhine. I don't trust anyone except you." Ling paralyzed sitting on a large chair with a loose neckline showing his neck. He looked like a wayward cub at this time." Even if His Majesty the Insect Emperor is standing here today, I will answer this too."

Mr. Lai raised his eyebrows: "Song Jianshu is the same too?"

Ling thought for a while, and stretched out a little finger: "There are still so many worries."

Mr. Rhine said sincerely, "Then I am really honored. Seriously, Ling—"

He hesitated, he seemed to be considering the wording, and cautiously said: "Song Jianshu will become your hero. If you can't even trust the hero, you will have a very hard life."

Ling Man said casually: "Then wait until he becomes my hero."

Mr. Rhine sighed deeply and whispered: "Sooner or later you will be so..."

Ling knew what he hadn't finished.

Sooner or later you will lose everything you want. The more you look forward and backward, you will miss more things because of hesitation and fear.

That's not the case.

As Mr. Rhine said, he first missed the friendship of the adjutant. Since the adjutant's appointment, his good temper has brought him many friends, but there is no Ling in it.

Later, he missed a normal marriage, and he rejected all the males who applied until the whole Zerg race knew that he was a staunch non-marriageist.

Then there is Song Jianshu.

This was the only thing Ling was fortunate, he still failed to let go of that last worry. This concern gradually fermented into a huge anger, causing him and Song Jianshu to fall apart.

It is precisely because of this that he met Lu Mo.

But it is completely different from those beautiful love legends. The protagonists in the legend, as long as they fall in love, they will entrust their wholeheartedly to each other, and they treat each other frankly, just like the same person.

But Ling's worries about Lu Mo were one after another. Once Lu Mo left his sight, he couldn't control his thoughts at all.

What is Lu Mo doing? Will he fall in love with other females?

Only when Lu Mo stared at him with those deep green eyes and swore his ownership time and time again, would Ling feel a trace of peace of mind.

He would not even respond directly to Lu Mo's possessiveness, even though his possessiveness was a hundred times stronger than Lu Mo's.