Chapter 10: Realization

When Hiccup's shift in driving the van ended, it was Jack's turn.

It was the afternoon and some were getting sleepy because they woke up earlier in the morning than they were supposed to.

"Hey, Jack? Can I ask you something?", Elsa asked as she still sat in the front while the rest were dozing off in the back.

"Anything, snowflake.", Jack answered with a keen smile. He didn't really feel like smiling but he didn't wanted to make Elsa suffer through his attitude any longer.

Since Rapunzel arrived.

"Do you still love me?", with a straight face on, Elsa asked.

Jack was silent for a while but said, "Sure, I do."

He grabbed Elsa's hand with his free one and held it tight. Making Elsa smile a little. But little did Elsa know that Jack had no longer feelings for him, as she had none with Jack.

"Shhhhhhut up, Jack.", the two of them hear Merida mumble from the back. It made the two laugh out loud. Even when asleep, Merida was still being annoyed by Jack.

They rode with silence, very awkward silence. Elsa didn't want to make eye contact with Jack, so she looked out the window and thought about her relationship with him.

And she realized, it was all leading to nowhere.

...

After a few, brief hours. Hans and the others woke up, still sleepy, and they decided to sleep at a hotel for the night.

"Finally, god.. that seat was killing my--", Rapunzel was saying.

Then she got cut off by Hiccup. "--your lady groin?"

And Hiccup received a light punch from Rapunzel.

...

They all cashed in their money to for the rooms. But, to make it less expensive, they were only going to check in two rooms.

In the first room, Rapunzel, Flynn, Jack and Hiccup.

In the second room, Merida, Elsa, Hans and Anna.

...

"Oh, man, the trip was so tiring..", Rapunzel said in exhaustion as she threw herself on her single bed. The three men just chuckled.

"You slept for three hours.", Jack pointed out.

"Nope. Not enough for me, I need my beauty sleep, Jack. So, if you men excuse me, I am going to change my clothes.", she said as she grabbed some pajamas from her and Flynn's suitcase and changed on the spot.

Hiccup looked away for the whole time she changed. Jack was shocked at first but soon later looked away. Flynn didn't even care and went into the bathroom to change. And boy, he was taking a long time.

"Oh, Jack. You are such a sissy. When we were younger, you saw me naked all the time.", Rapunzel formally said.

Jack furrowed his eyebrows and glanced at Hiccup.

"Uhm. Rapunzel--did it ever occur to you that we're not together anymore so that's why I can't look at you when you're naked?"

"Of course. That's why I have a loyal boyfriend right now. Thank you for breaking up with me, by the way. If it weren't for your infidelity, I wouldn't have moved to Germany and met Flynn.", Rapunzel said with a sweet smile.

But both Hiccup and Jack knew there was so much more meaning behind those emotionless, blank eyes.

"Hey, guys--I should already let you know that the smell in the bathroom is nuts! Not literally nuts, it just smells so good in there!", Flynn said as he exited the bathroom.

"Oh, that's awesome, baby. I wish I changed my clothes in there instead.", Rapunzel told him as she jumped on her bed.

"Well, then do it! There's still time!", laughingly, Flynn replied excitedly.

But Hiccup and Jack just moved as if they were robots. They were both still in shock at what Rapunzel said to Jack.

'..if it weren't for your infidelity, I wouldn't have moved to Germany and met Flynn.', the single statement that kept coming up in Jack's mind.

Rapunzel changed.

And not in a good way.

It was a cancerous change.

...

A/N:

Holy crap balls.

I know what you're thinking: why is Rapunzel so out of character?

Well, little, clueless humanoid, did you even read the first few chapters?

So, thanks for reading, Justers!