Chapter 16: Chicken-fight!

A/N:

I'm thinking of focusing a little bit more on Merida and Hiccup than Helsa and Jackunzel/Flynnpunzel. But, I don't know. Mericcup is already lovey dovey and canon enough in the story.

...

After they all changed, they all ran out of their bedrooms and went to the lake, but Anna went to get some food for herself and Elsa.

The first to jump in was Jack, who even did a little somersault. They all clapped at him, except for Flynn, who was kind of jealous how interested Rapunzel was when she talked about Jack being a great swimmer at breakfast.

But Flynn just kept silent about it and sat on the edge of the docks with Hans.

And Elsa just swam peacefully while waiting for Anna.

...

"Guys! Let's have a chicken-fight!", Merida shouted as she sat on Hiccup's shoulders, Hiccup wobbled a little bit since Merida was pretty chubby but held her tight.

"Oh, yeah, sure! Jack, lift me up?", Rapunzel asked Jack, who was floating but stopped when Rapunzel asked him.

"Oh, uh.. you sure?", Jack asked as Rapunzel climbed up on his shoulders. Rapunzel chuckled and bent her head down to Jack's face and kissed him on the cheek.

"Yeah, of course. And with your awesome swimming skills, I'm sure we'll make Hiccup and Merida fall!", Rapunzel whispered.

Jack felt a little tense as he had Rapunzel, his ex, on his shoulders. He held her smooth, tan legs and he thought.. 'Her appearance never did change.. her skin is still smooth and smells like strawberry and honey.. she still uses the lotion I gave her.'

Rapunzel had her arms up in a bear-ish way and whispered to Jack..

"Just like old times, huh?"

Jack's eyes widened. He still remembered...

...

"This is gettin' boring.. let's have a chicken-fight!", Merida shouted to Jack, Rapunzel and Hiccup who were splashing water at each other.

'Merida was always the one who brought up the chicken-fights when we go swimming. And she still is until now.'

"You sure that's a good idea because Hic and Jack were supposed to be swimming laps before we interrupted their exercise?", Rapunzel asked as she placed all of her golden blonde hair behind her back.

"Uh, Punz--be a rebel for once in yer life! And besides, they're both good at swimming enough.", Merida said as she started climbing on Hiccup's shoulders.

"Wow, Merida, you actually complimented me.", Jack said as he lowered his body down deeper into the water so Rapunzel could climb on his shoulders easily.

"No, most of the compliment was for Hiccup.", Merida said with a chortle.

"Okay, you guys ready?", Hiccup asked as he competitively looked at Jack, Merida did so too with Rapunzel and vice versa.

"Yeah, of course!", Rapunzel shouted but bent her head down to Jack's ear and whisper shouted. "And with your awesome swimming skills, snowflake, I'm sure we'll make Hiccup and Merida fall!"

"Definitely, sunshine.", Jack whispered back.

'I missed the way she'd call me 'snowflake' instead of me calling Elsa that and her calling me that, too.. but we don't anymore.'

...

"Get ready because Hiccup and I will bust yer applebees!", Merida shouted as she had her hands up, like Rapunzel did.

"I don't even know what that means!", Rapunzel shouted.

The four of them laughed, like they did before.

They were about to start the chicken-fight when..

"Flynn!", Rapunzel shouted as she jumped down Jack's shoulders.

...

A/N:

By the way, guys..

I'd love for you guys to draw some fanarts or something with the characters. Since you guys seem so into DIMTRC, I just figured, ya know?

So, yeah. Thanks for reading, Justers!