Chapter 1: How's It Going?

Jackson

I went over to Merida's and thank god they finally invited me over after two years since that happened. I walked up to her white porch and saw her and Hiccup sitting next to each other on the couch. I think they were watching a movie or something. I knocked on the door a bunch of times and finally..

"Hey, Jack." Hiccup greeted me with a bro hug. I smiled sheepishly and replied, "Hey.. what's up, man?" he just shrug it off and moved over to reveal the inside. He gestured to the living room and said, "Come on in." I nodded and did so.

"Hey, Mer." I greeted the fiery redhead lying on the couch with her eyes closed. She grunted and lazily said, "Mhm.. hi." I crashed down on the couch and she scooted over for Hiccup to fit in. We sat there on the couch with awkward silence. "Why.. hello, Jack." a familiar feminine voice came from the kitchen. "Hey, Mrs. Dun Broch.." I greeted back.

She placed the paper bag in her hands down on the kitchen table. "Where's Rapunzel?" she asked that woke Mer up. ".. I haven't seen her in a while." she finished. Merida shot straight up and ran over to her clueless mother.

I nudged Hiccup and asked, "What's up, Hic?" he shrugged and said.. "I.. I don't know. We've been crazy quiet since.. she left." I sighed and quietly laid my head on my sweaty palms.

I felt Hiccup place his hand on my shoulder. I lifted my head up to see him with a concerned look. "I'm sorry.. I-I.. I forgot." he apologised. I weakly smiled at him with no teeth showing and squeezed his hand that he placed on my shoulder. He replied with a smile and I let go of his hand.

".. and tell him I'm sorry!" we heard Mer's mom shout. We turned to the right to see a lazy Mer standing with a glass of water in one hand and a bowl of popcorn in the other.

"Ma mom says she's sorry." Merida said while plopping herself between us. I nodded and asked to change the subject.. "So, what're we going to watch?" they both shrugged and I shrugged as well. Merida widened her eyes and a grin started to form on her face.

"How 'bout.." she started to say and we all knew what she was about to say. Then we all said in unison.. "The Ring?" then we expected a terrified squeal.. but none. We all sighed in disappointment as we realised that.. she was already gone.

Merida

Whenever we watched The Ring.. Rapunzel would always squeal and hide behind whoever she was next to. We got used to her terrified squeals that we always expected it whenever we watched The Ring.

Hiccup lazily stood up and inserted the disc into the DVD player. "Jack..?" I asked. He turned to me and said, "Hm?" I played with my fingers and gathered the courage to ask, "Do ye.. sometimes.. miss.. her?"

Then the living room was filled with silence and awkward was in the air. Jack just looked at the bowl of popcorn on his lap with half closed eyes. I could've swore that tears were starting to form in his eyes.

I momentarily looked at Hiccup who had a concerned expression on his face. I sighed and turned back to Jack who eventually closed his eyes and tried to hide his tears but it just went out of his eyes faster.

I grabbed his hand and said, "I'm sorry." he sighed and faced me with bloodshot eyes. "Don't be.. after all, I was the one who broke up with.. such a wonderful girl." he answered. I furrowed my eyebrows and grabbed the DVD remote on the coffee table.

I hesitated to press 'play' because before the movie starts, we would always have to wait for Rapunzel to finish going to the bathroom. I smiled at the thought and pressed the button.

After the movie..

"Merida!" we heard a familiar, feminine voice shout from outside. It was cheerful and jolly as always.. I stood up and peeked outside the window and saw, none other than..