Chapter-38

It was in the evening when the almost dead Duke opened his eyes. He stared at the ceiling, not at all making an effort to look at the man sitting beside his bed.

"How do you feel now?"

"Could be better, Han." He hoarsely spoke out. His throat hurt like hell cuz at one point his father wanted to choke him to death.

"Minho-yah, do you really have to do this? Why make your father angry and get beaten up on a regular basis?" His dad's secretary, Han asked. Usually after all the fights he had with his dad, Han would be the one caring for him. Though occasionally when his father found out Han helped his son, he would do the same to him. But Minho didn't need to know that.

"Don't call me that. You know I don't like my Korean name." He groaned at the older.

"Haha well that's the only way you keep the conversation going. Or else you would kick me out of this room." He laughed.

"Yeah, you are right. Get out. You are just one of the father's men." Minho tried to push the older away.

"I wouldn't be here if I am." He sighed, "Do you still have your crush on Namjoon?"

"What are you talking about?" Minho mumbled turning his back to his father's secretary.

"Then why would you still hang around him and get beaten up for it?!" Han raised his voice at the younger.

Minho suddenly sat up from his bed and looked at the secretary who was trying to look away.

"What's your problem?" Minho asked the other.

Han stood up and walked out of the room, leaving the boy alone.

"Yah! Han! You dumb secretary of my father! Come back here and answer me!" Minho shouted at the figure which disappeared into the hallways.

It was always like this. Whenever Namjoon's name was brought up in the conversation, it always ended up with someone leaving the room. It was weird but none of them brought it up.

Minho just sighed and laid back on the bed, reminiscing everything from the start.

A few years ago when Namjoon and Minho were just 15 year old:

"Father, I don't want to go."15 year old Minho whined, stomping behind his father.

"You have to, son. I've given you a long time to figure out everything but at last I have to drag you here." His father said, pulling the boy by his arm.

The duo, accompanied with the 21 year old secretary, Han, walked into the building.

They stopped at a room that read 'Conference'. The father turned to his son who timidly looked up from where he was standing.

"Now I'm going to attend an important meeting. Be quiet and listen to how everyone speaks and behaves. You have to do it sooner or later. It is a part of the training. Okay?" He pep talked. Minho slowly nodded his head as the door was pushed open by the secretary.

Minho did what he was said to do, just sit still and look around. He listened attentively once he got accustomed to the atmosphere in the room.

The meeting ended smoothly. Everyone piled out of the room and the ones behind are his father, secretary and a man who he didn't recognize.

"Hello, Mr.Lee. Is this your son? He looks handsome." Mr.Yang complimented the boy who smiled in return.

"Yeah, he is. But he still lacks skills. So I brought him along with me so he will know what he is gonna do later." Mr.Lee gave out a formal smile to the other.