Chapter-42

Namjoon and Jackson were now in the practice room with BTS and their manager. Jackson explained the situation about the rumors but left out the part about the Lee Corporation. He didn't want scare them.

"So that means you cannot leave the building alone. Either Namjoon or me have to accompany you at all times."

"Namjoon is going with me." Yoongi said.

"Why not me?" Jackson narrowed his eyes at the other.

"Because you are annoying." Yoongi grumbled lazily and Namjoon had to stop them before they continue for the whole day.

"For today we are heading home. Get your things. Soobin had already cleared your schedule, right? " Namjoon asked and Soobin nodded, smiling.

In the lobby, Jackson's team were out with vans. One for BTS and the other for themselves and Jackson with Soobin.

Jackson's team decided to follow BTS' van just for safety. Once they reached the dorms, they made sure everything was safe and got out of the cars with Namjoon and Jackson on guard.

"Jackson, stay here with your boys while I drop Soobin at his house." Namjoon ordered while Yeonjun stepped up, timidly.

"We can drop Soobin off at his house." He proposed.

Namjoon looked at them and back to Jackson, "I already have some work outside and I will drop him on the way. I guess I don't need to explain myself more than I did." The boys immediately stood in attention and bowed.

He turned back to Soobin who was awkwardly watching the conversation take place, "Let's go."

"What is it that you wanted to tell me earlier?" Namjoon questioned, his eyes on the road as he drove through the evening hustle.

Soobin looked at the older and back to his fingers on his lap, "It's nothing important, hyung."

"Well, that's for me to decide, isn't it?" Namjoon joked, relaxing the tense atmosphere in the car. Namjoon looked serious from the afternoon and no one dared to utter a single word to him. He was quiet and therefore everyone was too.

Soobin understood that he was back to his normal hyung and squeaked before looking up at him, "Someone asked me out! Guess who?"

Namjoon chuckled before answering to the obvious question, "Jackson's team?"

Soobin's eyes widened comically, "How do you know?"

"It's obvious. Doesn't take a genius to figure out you said yes too."

Soobin looked back at his lap and nodded, confirming that he indeed said yes to them.

Namjoon looked at the shy younger and ruffled his hair, "Congratulations, kiddo."

"Thanks, hyung!" Soobin exclaimed.

Namjoon stopped the car and glanced at the bubbly boy. He seemed so happy that he is brightening the whole car with his smile.

"We are here, love bird." He teased as Soobin looked out of the window with slight red hue dusted cheeks. He looked back at Namjoon and pouted, "Hyung! Don't tease me!"

He got out of the car after bidding goodbye to his hyung. Soobin walked up to his porch but turned back and hopped towards Namjoon.

Namjoon, confused, downed the window. Soobin immediately peeked his head inside.

"Hyung, you are the first person I told about our relationship and to be honest I don't have any friends except you. BTS are my employers and I can't always talk with them like I do with you. Thanks for being my friend, hyung." He gave out a bunny smile. He pointed a finger at the older before accusingly looking at him, "You should also tell me when you get into a relationship with BTS hyungs. I should be the first person! Bye hyung!" He sprinted into his house before Namjoon could say anything.

"This kid, seriously." Namjoon mumble. He pulled his bag from the back seat and opened it in search of his gun.

"Just in case." He said to himself, squishing the gun into his jacket.

^-^

Namjoon immediately entered a new address into the navigator before starting his journey. His destination was a mansion as he could see. He stood in front of the large palace looking place.

Namjoon looked around to find a security guard sitting in a booth.

"Hey. I'm here to meet Duke." He said.

"Yes, sir. Your name please."

"It's Namjoon."

The man picked up his landline and called someone, "Good evening, sir. You have a visitor. A Mr. Namjoon is here for you, sir.... Yes, sir. I will send him in."

He put the phone back in its place and pressed a button which allowed the large gates to open.

He was greeted by a middle aged man smiling, "You are Namjoon, right? You've grown up quite a lot since the last time I saw you. Do you remember me?"

"Umm... Mr.Lee?" The man smiled widely at his name and nodded. Namjoon politely smiled back.

"It's been such a long time since you've last come here. The first and last time was when you were only 15 years old." He explained, "Are you here to meet Duke? Lemme go search for the boy. He is always wandering around these corridors." The man shook his head and chuckled.

Mr.Lee disappeared into the corridors while a maid asked him to wait on the couch. Mr. Lee immediately rushed to his son's room and barged in without knocking, leaving the poor boy confused. He just looked at his father, not daring to question his sudden entrance.

"You!" He pointed at his son and walked towards the bed, grabbing the boy by his collar, making him stand on his toes.

"Namjoon is here. You better be on your best behavior whenever he is here. Because you are gonna marry him if you like it or not. Get him to like you. I don't want any mistakes. Understand?" He whisper-yelled.

"Why s-should I marry him?" Minho asked. He doesn't want Namjoon involved in his father-son duo's situation. It's already a mess. He doesn't want to give the other an extra stress.

Mr.Lee threw a punch to his son's shoulder and closed his mouth before he could make a sound, "I say and you do. No more questions." Mr.Lee gave a sinister smile but changed it into a polite smile before pulling the boy out of his room.

He put a hand on Minho's shoulder and pulled the boy close, walking near Namjoon who sat on the couch looking around the house.

He spotted Mr.lee and Namjoon coming out of a room and stood up from his place. Mr.Lee gestured the boy to sit down and ordered the maid to get him some juice.

I had to cut the chapter in the middle since all the chapters were approx 1k+ words but this one, I wrote 2315 words. I just went with the flow, I guess.

And my fever is all gone, guys! Congratulations to me! lol

Guys, my friend asked me to write a fluff book. So i started it.. They are just one shots to read when you need some peace..Please do check it out...💜

Requests are open too...