Chapter-48

Namjoon and Jin were walking back to where the unit shoots are taking place. It was long way to go. Namjoon noticed that just now. He walked in too deep into the forest without even noticing what can he say? He loves nature.

Jin had his arm circled around Namjoon's arm as they both walked together.

Jin was busily talking about some of his favorite restaurants while Namjoon was mindlessly nodding, scanning the area for any threats.

It was all good until Namjoon spotted a long dark metal in the tree caught his attention. He could see a small laser coming out of the metal. He followed the line and he could see the small red dot on Jin's arm.

Just then a shot was heard and it was all in slow motion for Jin when Namjoon threw him down the ground and pulled out a gun from his jacket. Jin's shirt splashed with blood. Not his but Namjoon's. Jin's eyes widened as he could see the bullet sharply graze Namjoon's shoulder.

Another three shots were fires. Two of them from Namjoon and one from the person on the tree. Namjoon quickly dodged the shot and pushed Jin to roll over the ground as the one shot from the attacker landed on the ground where Jin was before.

Namjoon shot once more and then they heard loud thud. Namjoon pulled Jin up from his place and kept him behind his back, walking towards the noise with a hand on the gun and the other on Jin's arm.

Jin heard Namjoon mutter, "Close your eyes and ears." Jin immediately followed the order by closing his ears but he couldn't do the same with his eyes as his brain stopped functioning.

 Namjoon tried his best to give him the time to close his eyes too and he managed a few seconds before the man on the ground got his hands on his gun again and tried to shoot.

Namjoon had no choice but let it happen as he shot the man between his eyes, all while Jin watched with wide eyes. Jin heard a muffled bang and a scream.

Namjoon immediately put the gun back into his pocket and pulled Jin away from the scene. Once they were a bit away from the body but still where Namjoon can see it, Namjoon pulled Jin into a hug. He can feel his hyung's whole body shake as a few tears escaped his eyes.

Jin nuzzled his face into Namjoon neck trying to get the different kinds of images in his mind out. Namjoon rubbed Jin's back with one hand and pulled out his walkie-talkie with the other.

He put the device near his mouth and started talking, "Jackson, do you copy?"

There was some static noise before a familiar voice responded, "This is Jackson. I copy."

"Pack up everything and send all the guys back home. Now." Namjoon said as Jin slightly sniffled into his shoulder. Namjoon eyed his hyung sadly before speaking again.

"Everyone except you and Taehyung should leave. Over."

Jackson spoke up, " Okay. What happened? Is everything okay? And why Taehyung? Over."

"I'll explain later. Do what I say. Over and out." Namjoon shoved the device back into his jacket.

He slowly whispered into his hyung's ear, "Jinnie, everything is alright. I'm here. Namjoonie is here. You are okay. I am okay and all the guys are okay. Look at me, Jinnie. Deep breaths please. Follow Namjoonie." He felt like talking to a child and he knew it was comforting for the elder. He always wanted someone to talk to him like this when he shot someone for the first time in his teenage.

Namjoon took Jin's face in his both hands and slowly lifted it up and Jin let him do it. He could see the tears straining down the oldest hyung's cheeks.

Namjoon tried his best to kiss his tears away but new ones kept flowing out. Namjoon sighed and pressed a long kiss to his hyung's forehead.

He tried to pull away but Jin desperately clung to him, pulling him closer by his shirt. Namjoon had to grab his hyung's hands and slowly pull them away, "Jinnie, Namjoonie isn't going anywhere. I just have to check if I can find anything. So please, can you stay here while I do that?" Seokjin harshly shook his head and clung onto Namjoon more.

Just then his walkie talkie buzzed, he pulled it out and held it near his mouth.

"Namjoon, I am ready with the car. Everyone already left with my team. Me and Taehyung are in the woods. Not too deep since a car couldn't fit in here. Can you see us? Over."

Namjoon looked around him and he could see a black car with a blonde head poking out of the driver's seat.

"Yeah, I can see you. Over." Namjoon waved his hand in the air.

"Yeah! I can see you too. Do you want me to come there? Over."

"No. Don't. I am going. Over and out."

Namjoon looked at the older in his arms, "Jinnie, let's go back, yeah? Tae is waiting for you in the car. You wanna see?" Jin slowly looked up and he did see the car in the distance. He nodded.

Namjoon placed a kiss on his hair and gently spoke out, "Do you wanna go there?" And he received a nod again.

"Then Jinnie should let Namjoonie go and hold his hand. Okay? For Namjoonie?" Jin loosened his grip on Namjoon's shirt and he knew his answer.

Namjoon gently grabbed his hyung's hand but Jin wrapped himself around Namjoon's arm. Namjoon closed Jin's eyes when they walked past the lifeless body. When they reached closer to the car, Taehyung jumped out of the car, running to his oldest hyung and hugging the life out of him.

Jin hugged him back with the same intensity and Taehyung picked him up as Jin wrapped his legs around his waist. They both walked to the car like that while Namjoon spoke into his walkie talkie.

"I'll be back in five minutes. Wait for me. Over and out."

Jackson heard the message in the car, he sighed, "At least tell me what happened. I'm worried about you, Namjoon-ah. I'm worried too." He muttered to himself.

Namjoon always has the last word and sometimes it was frustrating. He wanted to know what's wrong and help Namjoon as much as he could and be there for him when he needs him. He wants Namjoon to allow him. Allow him to do it for him. To take care of him.

Jackson grew even more worried when he saw Taehyung carrying Jin into the car. He wanted to ask what happened and if anything is wrong with Namjoon. But he knew that wasn't something to ask in the situation the older was in.

He did what he could do and played some relaxing music for the oldest hyung. He watched as Jin leaned onto Taehyung and stare mindlessly into the front glass of the car. Jackson's eyes wandered off to the red marks on Jin's shirt and he just wanted to check on Namjoon right then and there.

He looked out of the window to find the said man searching for something on the ground and stand up, sighing.

Namjoon searched the man's pockets and everything to find any more clues but to his dismay, whoever sent this guy knew he would die and sent him here with nothing but a gun and bullets.

He did what he could to hide this body with no trace of him or the BTS member left behind. One wrong step would drag him down. It was the Lee's we are talking about.

Namjoon walked back to the car and settled in the passenger seat beside Jackson and nodded, signaling him to start the car. He looked into the rear view mirror and he could see Jin staring blankly at the glass in front of him.

Namjoon deeply sighed. He felt like it was his fault, Jin was like this. What if he just stayed with them and not have gone into the woods into the first place? Would Jin be like this?

His thoughts were cut off by Jackson, "Namjoon, your arm is bleeding. What happened?"

Namjoon tiredly leaned back into his seat and closed his eyes, "Patch it up for me later." Jackson was happy Namjoon asked him for the first time in his life but he wanted to know why he was like this.

Namjoon didn't want to say words like 'shot' or anything that would trigger Jin so he didn't answer the other. He decided he caused enough damage to Bangtan.

That day, the car ride was filled with many emotions. Anger. Distress. Hollow pain. Sorrow. And most importantly, Love and care. For each other.

I think I can see the end of this book. Can you? :)