Chapter-58

Minho dramatically fell on Namjoon's bed as he breathed in as much air as he can. Namjoon rolled his eyes but still took the file he brought, studying it at his table.

Minho sat up on the bed fast, "I thought I was going to die before. Did you see them? If a glare could hurt me a pinch everyone one of them glared, I would be dead by now." He rambled on, putting a hand on his heart.

"You better stick around me when you are in this house. Yoongi hyung has a lots of dangerous friends." Namjoon said, looking through the pages that said an 'anonymous rapper' sang live. Chills ran on Minho's spine as he asked the question that stood out.

"Why didn't you tell them it was fake? That we are in a fake relationship and it's a fake marriage for fucks sake." Minho frantically moved his hands.

"Shushh... speak normally. Don't shout. I don't want them eavesdropping on our conversation."

"Okay so tell me!" Minho whispered-yelled.

Namjoon put the file aside and looked up, "It's better if they resent me when I leave than leaving on good terms. That way they would move on faster too. As you know, being a part of a mafia, and now two mafias, comes with the 'no friends and family' rule. I don't want them getting hurt due to the kind of work I do. They already had enough with this. Jin hyung was targeted to shoot and he was traumatized for fucks sake." He explained as the incident where Jin was shaking in fear flashed before his eyes.

"What the hell, Namjoon? Are you high on something? But the last I checked, you don't do drugs. What are you even talking about? You are doing this all for them. We both know you are risking your life going against one of the biggest mafia in Korea just so you know they are safe. It's a big thing, Namjoon."

"That's enough. Let's focus on making last minute connections." Namjoon said strictly but Minho wasn't having it.

"No! You listen to me! I am trying to get over you because I thought you like them and you are gonna be with them. You are just causing pain on both sides, Namjoon!"

Namjoon was frustrated at this point, "It's better for you to stay away from me too. You have a sister to take care of. Get that inside your head and put this effort on getting a stable life with none of this mafia shit for her."

Minho went silent. Of course. Namjoon was right. His job plays an important role in his life. It's of the type that puts everyone around him in danger.

Now after he signs contract with the Lees in the marriage, it's just gonna raise the danger walls around him.

Many are going to target him and BTS will just become a bait for the others.

"I maintained the incognito mode since my childhood, only interacting with important people and I'm gonna do the same now. One wrong step might lead to their death. I can't be around 24/7 to save them. Everyone has their ways. You, out of all, since you come from the same background should understand what I'm talking about." Namjoon explained, getting some relief once that he said his feelings out loud.

"But why the lockdown today?"

"Just in case if anyone noticed that it was me yesterday, we have to be ready."

"You can count on me for that. Minji told me she would page us if something's fishy at home. She is a smart girl."

"I know she is. Now, let's get to work. I need to get my social media off of the internet."

+++

"This is ridiculous! How is Bang pd-nim agreeing with Namjoon hyung's lockdown so easily?" Jungkook asked, standing up from his place on the couch as Tae stretched his legs.