Chapter-43

Minho went to sit beside Namjoon and Mr.Lee sat in front of them.

"So how is everything going, Namjoon? How is Mr.Bang doing? The last I visited he was very busy and had to leave on some work."

"He is doing alright, Mr.Lee. Though it's been sometime since I last saw him too." Namjoon answered. He was starting to get slightly irritated as Duke has been shaking his legs from the moment he sat down.

"Where are you working now by the way? Duke never told me a lot about his friends." He chuckled.

"It's just a small entertainment company, Mr.Lee."

"Oh no, just call me uncle. Aren't we all a family?"

"I'm sorry, Mr.Lee. That's unprofessional, considering you are our company's business partner and a major share holder." Namjoon politely declined.

Mr.Lee just looked down and hummed, "What a nice manners you've got. Anyways tell me about your workplace. Is everyone being nice to you? Who do you work with?"

"I work with a boy band, BTS. Everyone's nice to me, Mr.Lee." Namjoon side eyed the boy who still seemed to shake but this time he is biting his nails too. He looked like he wasn't even listening to the conversation going on. He seemed nervous which is not a Duke thing to do.

"That's nice. Do you stay with them in their hous- Oh gimme a second. I will be back." Mr.Lee got cut off with his phone ringing. He walked off into the corridors talking with somebody.

"What's wrong with you?! Stop shaking your goddamn leg and stop biting your nails!" Namjoon whisper-yelled. Duke did what he was asked silently and Namjoon sighed in peace.

"I found out what you did. You better stop it before I kill you myself." Namjoon muttered lowly. Duke spared him a glance but looked back at the table in front of them.

Namjoon scowled, "Answer me for fuck's sake." Just then a maid in her 20s came in to serve them some juice.

She looked at Duke and then back at Namjoon before speaking, "You should take him out of this place. He is getting tortured here. Help him please." She smiled sadly and walked back to where she came from before Namjoon could question her.

He looked back at Duke who just let a silent tear fall from his eyes. He immediately wiped it away when he heard his father's voice coming nearer to them.

"Yes. That would be it." Mr.Lee came back.

Namjoon stood up from his seat pulling Duke along with him, "I should take my leave now, Mr.Lee. I just wanted to see how Duke was doing. Though we fight a lot, he is still a dear friend of mine. I didn't see him after we fought the last time so I had to check up on him."

Mr.Lee smiled, "Yeah he told me about that. He was really sad about your fight too."

Namjoon turned to Duke and smiled, "Did you? Then I should make up for it. Let's go out for lunch tomorrow then. What do you say, Duke?"

Duke lifted his head up to look at his father. His father made sure to not let the boy out after what happened. He was house arrested and trained continuously. There were times when he fainted but it was the same routine again. His phone was also taken away.

Mr.Lee subtly nodded and Duke nodded back at Namjoon. Namjoon reached out for a hug, turning his back towards Mr.Lee.

"I'll see you tomorrow then." Namjoon said loudly and then whispered into Duke's ear, "Page me if there is any problem."

He slipped a pager into Duke's back pocket and released the hug. He bowed at Mr.Lee and walked towards the door with the father following him.

Duke stood in place as he watched Mr.Lee talk to Namjoon about something very happily. He could see that it was fake and he hoped Namjoon did too. He immediately put his hand into his pocket and pulled out the small pager, shoving it into his jacket's pocket.

He rushed to say goodbye to Namjoon along with his father just so he wouldn't be beaten up for that later.

Namjoon tried to keep on chatting with Mr.Lee as he could see Duke shoving the pager into his front pocket.

Namjoon bowed once more before getting into his car and starting the engine. He waved at the father-son duo before speeding off.

Once he was at a safe distance from the Lee's house, he stopped the car and leaned back in his seat.

"Wow. Fake smiles take a lot of energy." He sighed and massaged his head for a minute and started his drive to Starbucks. He already told Jackson that the others are not allowed to order any delivery so he had to get it himself. The members are tired after the long night schedules these days so he wanted to give his hyungs a day off from cooking.

In the dorms, it was a mess. Jackson felt like he was dealing with a bunch of children.

"I said no." He held his head, trying to stop the incoming headache.

"What's wrong with getting some food delivered to our house?!" Jin whined.

"I have already told you this for more than ten times but here we go again. It's for safety reasons." Jackson explained.

"But I'm hungry." Jungkook crossed his arms.

"Well, someone go cook something."

"Jin hyung is tired and Yoongi hyung is sleeping." Jungkook said, getting up from the floor.

"So you cook for yourself!" Jackson dramatically explained.

"I don't know how to cook for 6+4+1= 11 people. Oh wait 12 including Namjoon hyung!"

"Then starve for a meal. It is healthy."

"Why would I do that? I'm an idol and I should have some energy always to work. Go cook for us!"

"What the hell! Why would I do that?! I'm not your cook! Namjoon left me in charge to babysit your lazy asses."

"Since you are in charge, you have to cook for us!" Jungkook shouted.

"That doesn't make sense! I'm in charge of your safety, you buck tooth!" Jackson stuck his tongue out.

"Did you just?! Do you wanna fight? Yeah! Come on! Fight my knees, shorty!" Jungkook mocked.

The other BTS members and Jackson's team watched the argument take place. After a few more minutes of bickering Jungkook sat on the floor and crossed his arms.

"I'm gonna tell Namjoon hyung on you!" He childishly said.

"Oh yeah! I will tell on you too!" Jackson exclaimed.

Before another fight broke out, the door opened revealing Namjoon with a lot of bags in his hands, "I bought food."

Everyone became quiet and then the chaos broke out.

While everyone set up the table, Namjoon called Jackson's team aside. The boys were so nervous thinking they did some mistake.

"I bought food for you and Soobin too. Stay with him for the night. I bet he is also scared to be alone with the rumors going on." Immediately the boys broke out into wide smiles but frowned when Namjoon looked at them threateningly.

"Soobin is like a brother to me. Take good care of him. If not, you already know what I am capable of."

The boys gulped and nodded, grabbing some bags of food and speed-walking out of the house.

The whole dinner was loud. Jackson and Jungkook complained about each other to Namjoon while the said man just smiled at them. But one thought remained in his mind throughout the dinner.

Is this the family that everyone talks about? If it is, he is going to protect them with his life.

I couldn't wait to post  the chapter hehe... I posted a chapter in the fluff book too though it's not fluff... Just an imagine.. Check it out too!