Episode Twenty-Eight

Regina hadn't been able to hear much of what happened inside, but Kreese's face had turned an unflattering shade of red. And she'd been recording it all.

Demetri and Hawk waved from atop the building, motioning for her to retreat.

"Get out here and scour the parking lot!" Kreese ordered his minions.

I miss my minions... No, they were friends, and Demetri and Hawk are proving themselves. But I'm not letting them get caught.

Regina undid the steps on her high silver glitter heels. She should've left earlier, but she wanted one last knife twist tomorrow when they thought their humiliation couldn't get any worse. She would place this video as a comment on Cobra Kai's social media account's posts.

She stepped out from behind the car, heels clacking. She gave them a pert wave with the hand holding the phone. "And what we have here are a bunch of sorry guys spending late nights with an old man." She'd been narrating the whole thing.

"That is not Sam," Robby said. Wow, he was a cutie, but a no for all the reasons Hawk and Demetri had mentioned.

Her right hand slipped into her fluffy pink purse. "Abby, Miyagi-Do's Number One Fan!" She tried to inject just the right amount of crazy, channeling a character she'd seen in a horror movie about a woman obsessed with a writer, and every classmate who'd ever spoken to her about a crush they were practically stalking. She had experience; she'd played the lead in any school plays involving a princess. She'd been careful, too, to get leaves in all the pictures she posted of the Miyagi-Do crew, to make it look like she was hiding in the shrubbery and spying.

"What the hell?" Kyler said.

She'd throw Hawk a bone here, and hoped he knew it was all an act. "I love you, Hawk! This is for you! And Demetri! And Chris! And Miguel! And Sensei Lawrence! Eeeee! This was all me! Remember me! Your super cute sacrificial lamb!" Johnny needed a shout out, too.

She tightened her hand on her escape route, steadying the phone in her hand.

Kyler flanked her, murmuring, "She's kinda hot though..."

No shit.

"Move!" Kreese bellowed, as he and another old dude strode in her direction.

"Awww! Gretchen said for me to tell you hi," Regina said. "She really values the time you spent together."

Kreese snarled. "You don't know who you messed with. Poke the snake..."

Hawk was creeping onto the awning above the dojo now. No, no, no! Stay!

She waited for the last moment, as if she had a death wish. Too many times she'd let people hurt her friends, and she'd never had a chance to make up for it, because high school had ended for them. They'd gone away. And even now, Gretchen was still helping her.

"You get bit!" Kreese shouted.

Regina didn't have some amazing karate move or a punch to deliver. "No mercy!" She threw her ace on the table, a pouch piled with glitter, in their faces. It coated their hair, got in their eyes. While they recoiled and wiped at their faces, Regina did a back handspring out of her heels, knowing her short skirt was riding up. Footsteps and shouts echoed behind her, but she was small and agile. By now, she had a sizable lead.