Episode Sixty-Four

Daniel's entire face lit up. He tightened his grip on Johnny's shoulders. "I'm so happy to hear you say that. You have no idea." He pulled his hand from Johnny's and lifted Johnny's chin. He sealed his lips over Johnny's to gently explore his mouth. The kiss was slow, passionate, their tongues twining, Daniel's tongue flicking over his delicately. Johnny was hard as a rock again but he ignored it. He wanted this moment with Daniel. He wanted to savor this night, his confession, and Daniel's reaction. This would be something he would want to look back on fondly. It was that important to him. His priorities had definitely changed when it came to Daniel.

Johnny pulled back for a moment so he could straddle Daniel's hips. He sat back on his lover's lap, his knees bent on either side of him, then leaned forward so he could continue kissing him. Johnny ran his hands through Daniel's soft hair. He loved touching him. Before he knew it, Daniel was tugging his shirt up. Johnny snatched it over his head and tossed it. Back to kissing. The need to touch his warm, hard body was so strong he ached. He felt Daniel's hands running over his chest and back.

"Fuck, I do love you, Danny. Really," Johnny whispered.

"I think I've always loved you, Johnny. The one that got away. The only one who can make me feel like this." Daniel tugged him closer, his breaths coming faster, his chest laboring with the effort of sucking in those breaths.

Johnny stilled. He didn't want Daniel so worked up he hurt his healing ribs. "Calm down," his voice was husky. "Take it easy. You're too delicate right now."

"Not that delicate," Daniel said, trying to pull him closer but Johnny wasn't having it. He might love it when Daniel took control, but this time he was putting his foot down. And it wasn't easy for him to do, not with Daniel saying things like that, words that tore at his heart and made him dizzy. Johnny was "the one that got away." No wonder Daniel didn't want him to go. How much had he hurt Daniel by going to Kreese? So, this was what it felt like to really be loved.

"I'm serious. I won't risk hurting you. I want you healed up good and quick so you can keep doing dirty stuff to me." He quirked a grin and Daniel gave a knowing smile right back.

"Oh, the things I'm going to do to you, Pretty Boy."

"I can't wait," Johnny whispered before nipping Daniel's bottom lip. He didn't think he could ever get tired of Daniel calling him pretty.

Daniel's right hand caressed Johnny's chest with the flat of his palm. Johnny leaned into his touch, arching his back.

"Danny?" Johnny whispered. "Please don't stop loving me." Johnny didn't think his heart could handle it. Nothing had ever felt this way before. In past relationships, he'd always had to play the cool, tough guy, refusing to appear vulnerable at all. Now, the thought of Daniel withdrawing his affections, or losing Daniel at all, had his eyes damp. But surely, Johnny would fuck up eventually, and—

"I haven't stopped for over thirty years," Daniel said. "Why the hell would I stop now? I know exactly what I'm getting into with you, Johnny."

Johnny stroked Daniel's dark hair and stared straight into those big eyes so full of love and want, and couldn't help but cry. The feelings were too much.

Daniel didn't stop him, only kissed his cheeks, his eyelids. "I'm so mad at myself, Johnny. I know we were dumb kids, but after Kreese nearly killed you after that tournament, I should've gone to check on you right away. You were a kid, too. You were scared. Hell, I was terrified just watching Kreese. I felt guilty. And, instead of going to check on you, I went away to Japan not so long after. That's the one thing I really regret."

"Don't. It's okay now," Johnny said. "Seeing you right after that? I don't know what I would've done."

"I wanted to show you all the new stuff I learned when I got back, and you weren't there. I was devastated." Daniel held Johnny tighter. "If there was a way to go back in time, I'd have convinced you to go with me to Japan, take you away from everything."

Johnny clutched Daniel's collar in his fists and kissed him hard. "But we got right now, Danny. It's okay, because we have this." Johnny had never been the greatest with words, so he kissed Daniel again. In the past, they'd traded so many blows, sharing their art, their passions with one another even if they hurt. He would do his best not to hurt Daniel again, to not make anymore mistakes.

Shortly thereafter, the two lie side-by-side, Daniel tracing his fingers over Johnny's back. What magic those thick fingers performed on his body. Why had no one ever told Johnny that massaging his prostate could feel so good? A couple exes had tried to finger his backside, only to be met with a "Hell no." But would they have known what they were doing like Daniel did? Once he'd gotten over his initial embarrassment, it felt incredible.

Johnny pulled the blankets to his shoulders and over Daniel.

"This is too good," Johnny whispered. He was curled up against Daniel's side, facing away from Daniel. It felt good to have Daniel's warmth at his back. He felt happy and safe, and very loved here.

"Wait until I get better," Daniel promised.

"Hurry up," Johnny said teasingly. He reached for Daniel's hand and pressed a gentle kiss to his knuckles. "I love you, Danny."

"I love you, too, Pretty Boy."