Episode Sixty-Six

The days passed in a pleasant haze. Johnny felt like a newlywed. He and Daniel could hardly keep their hands off of each other. The most difficult part was not going all the way. Johnny thought his body could handle it now, but could Daniel?

Today was the day Daniel returned to work. Johnny ran a razor along his jaw; he was going, too, to help Daniel however he could and make sure Daniel didn't stay too long.

Johnny set down the razor in annoyance. He'd gotten used to his new "schedule" with Daniel, and in the mornings, before coffee, before anything, the two stayed in bed until they'd satisfied each other.

That was not the case this morning. Daniel was already on the phone with work, and Johnny was supposed to be getting ready. But he definitely couldn't risk embarrassing himself at LaRusso. Fuck, I'll have to take care of this quick.

His body had no concept of urgency. After fifteen minutes or so, Johnny was nowhere close to getting off. It didn't feel anywhere near as good as Daniel's hands. His body had certain expectations now. With a groan, he knelt on the bathroom floor with a jar of petroleum jelly.

I can't believe I'm doing this.

Twenty minutes later, he strode from the bathroom and set about preparing coffee for the two of them. He'd been unsuccessful with his efforts, and had no choice but to give up. He recalled Daniel's words about claiming Johnny in a way Kreese couldn't. Instead of being angry, he chuckled to himself. He'd be okay with Daniel around. And he'd get through the day with a long, loose navy blue sweater than hung below his crotch.

Johnny drove them, while Daniel sat in the passenger seat, looking for all the world like the attack had never happened. He wore a dark blue blazer over a crisp, white dress shirt, and a pair of polished wingtips. Johnny bet it was all expensive. With the two of them at Miyagi-Do all day, it was easy to forget Daniel was rich. But now, they were driving to the car dealership Daniel owned - one of several locations of LaRusso Auto Group.

I still need to find a job. Dammit.

"You have one," Daniel said, resting his hand on Johnny's thigh, giving him an instant boner; Johnny's body was still waiting on Daniel to work his magic.

Johnny hadn't realized he'd said his thoughts aloud. "I can't be dependent on you."

"Well, I'm dependent on you. The students are dependent on you. Without you, we wouldn't have a Miyagi-Do," Daniel said, giving his thigh a squeeze. He chuckled. "Plus, I'm not gonna fire you for doing Johnny things. Pretty sure the kids would never forgive me."

* * * * *

Daniel noticed how tense Johnny became when they pulled into LaRusso Auto Group, with its large glass windows and the latest freshly waxed models lined up out front, and of course, more visible on the showroom floor.

They'd be seeing Amanda today. And, no matter how Daniel looked at it, he was bringing his boyfriend to work with his wife. Separated wife, but still.

Then there were Anoush and Louie. He only hoped Amanda had told them about what was going on with Johnny. He'd been on the phone with her this morning, advised her Johnny was coming with him to help him if necessary. She'd sounded relieved to hear that, as she'd expressed concern about him overdoing it.

When they got out of the car, Johnny hooked his fingers into his pockets, suddenly uncertain.

Daniel wrapped an arm around his shoulders. "Just stick with me. There's gonna be a mountain of stuff waiting for me, so an extra pair of hands will be a big help."

"I don't know anything about this," Johnny muttered.

"It isn't all complicated." Daniel steered him toward the dealership, through the big glass doors. Before they entered, he dropped his arm from Johnny's shoulders, but stuck close.