Little Red

SHIIIIT!!

This...

This is why she doesn’t trust people...

And also, because HYDRA fucked with her mind (and every other part of her) for seven long decades. But that, for once – she thinks, bitterly – is SO not the point!

So... this eighth person Bucky finds hiding in amongst the big boxes is an absolute ASSHOLE! – she thinks as she goes flying from an annoyingly impressive fly-kick to her chest and smashes her back into the lorry behind... just in case she wasn’t winded enough from the first hit. This time around, her arm does save her as it latches onto the fast moving vehicle and she tries to keep from dangling too violently, and on top of all of that, she doesn’t even get time to breath. However, she’s grateful in an obvious bittersweet way when two pairs of hands grab her by the arms and haul her up onto the moving lorry (even if it is to kick her ass.)

They really do kick her ass and even when she tries to go for her full on ‘Winter Soldier Mode,’ they beat her down to her knees. She manages to get a few hits in, but the two men grab her and hold her tight as the little redhead asshole lands a hard punch to Bucky’s face. She growls out in frustration just as Redwing zooms into sight and begins firing rounds.

Bucky knows what these people are now and it actually scares her a little to think that there are more like her, and that they are far more superior in strength to her. But, she thinks, remembers who she really is, knows it will always be part of her. She also knows that she wasn’t HYDRA’s perfect weapon for nothing. She remembers how they beat her before, and that they were stronger than her, but then she remembers that afterwards, she used their own rage against them and beat them one-handed (albeit with her metal one) and that’s because she was the best trained, the most successful of her kind. She knows these people right now, they’re just kids. They’re well organised, but they lack knowledge and experience. They’re new at this. She can tell.

Bucky headbutts the one holding her left arm, but is quickly distracted as she gleefully watches Red leap up to crush Redwing against her knee before tossing it aside. It’s not her fault when she grins and it’s just as much of a reflex when she says, “I’ve always wanted to do that.” Her grin widens when she hears Sam tut loudly in her ear, and she’s sure that if he could see her getting that grin punched off of her face right now, he would be laughing at her.

Bucky blinks rapidly, shaking off that particularly hard hit and glances up just in time to see the Falcon gliding towards them at full speed. “Nice of you to finally join the fight, Sam!”

Sam almost smiles when she kicks one of her captures in the groin, causing him to let her go, but he also quickly has to defend himself from the masked redhead’s attack.

Bucky finally gets the upper hand on the two. Well, for a few minutes. Until John (vomit-inducing) Walker shows up with his little lapdog partner and throws her rage back into full swing. Now, she’s pissed at Sam, and John. (OK, he had some pretty good moves, but she did not like him roping her into his move with the shield. She somehow feels disrespected, feels disrespect for Steve.)

He doesn’t need to be here! She and Sam were handling things just fine. She doesn’t care if she’s kidding herself on that last part, but she probably should, because now she’s sailing through the air and once again, it’s her arm that saves her.

Sam tries to keep the two males off Bucky’s back, but he can't take all three. To be honest, he can barely take one of them as they kick his ass, too. And when he sees her going down, his heart feels like it drops into his stomach, but then he can hear her yelling and swearing and he can’t help smiling, even when another fist comes flying to his face and cracks his cheek.

“You little bitch! I tried to help you!” Bucky yells up at the redhead and wants to laugh a little when she tries to stomp on Bucky’s vibranium arm. She’s glad again when she chooses not to do something tonight, because by the third stomp, her arm is actually starting to hurt a little. She would make a grab for her ankle, crush the little bitch’s bones and make her scream, but her vibranium is taking most of her weight right now, keeping her from getting her head crushed by the giant tires just mere inches away.

The lorry swerves and Bucky’s vibranium arm automatically presses down and now she’s yelling and swearing again as sparks shoot into her face. Her fleshy hand – with all of its own super strength – grips the underneath of the lorry and suddenly the bitch is gone, because annoyingly, Captain Douchebag intervenes, and then Sam is suddenly right beside her, his Falcon wings letting him keep up.

“Little Red kicked your supersoldier ass.”

Bucky swears, one day she will slap (or kiss) that (annoyingly cute) smirk off his face, just as she swore she would see Redwing destroyed. And that’s already one wish fulfilled, she thinks as she glares at him and growls out, “How ‘bout I kick your ass!?”

Been there, gorgeous.” Sam zooms out when the other lorry tries to crush him between the two again, zooms back in with a, “Done that.”

Bucky doesn’t get time to reply as Sam zooms back out and comes in through the other side. His wings momentarily fold in as he swoops under the moving lorry.

“Arm up.”

Bucky knows his timing is near-almost as good as her own and even if she doesn’t say it out loud, she trusts him enough, and does as she’s told, with no attitude this time. Her movement jars the metal beam she’s latched onto as she feels herself falling for a fraction of a second before she feels Sam’s arms just as quickly wrap around her waist. He’s hauling her through the air with him now and they even (impressively, she thinks) pass through the underneath of the other lorry before they're both skidding through some open field on the edge of the highway.

Bucky lands on top of him and for a moment she wants to smirk, because this is finally payback for her cushioning his fall from that stupid spider-kid. Then, his tiredly racing heart skips several beats and Bucky doesn’t know why she conveniently picks that up and now she is actually smirking a little. Especially when he finally seems to realise his hands are still on her waist and he quickly groans in pain to cover himself.

Ow.” He mumbles, as if trying to change some unsaid topic, and slips his hands down into the grass at his sides.

“You know we could’ve used the shield, right? And that also, I’m the super one here, so you could’ve just used me...”

Sam blinks, seems a little shaken. He doesn’t show it and again, she is impressed with him – his poker face is almost as good as her own.

But she sees a flicker of something, deep down in his pretty dark pools and could swear she almost feels him shiver and Bucky smirks, pleased with his reaction.

“Get off me. I think I cracked a couple of ribs.” Sam ignores the sudden, though equally pleasing twitch in his groin, but acts quickly enough to finally shove her off of him.

Bucky grins to herself as she lies in the grass beside him and as they both just lay there for a few moments, just trying to catch their fricking breaths. Her grin quickly subsides after a few moments more and she finally says it out loud, just so she can hear the words for herself; “They were all supersoldiers, Sam.”

“Yeah, I kinda figured that out when they were beating the shit out of the both of us...”

Sam keeps breathing deeply, tries to ignore the unnerving feeling he has over how true her words are, while at the same time, tries to save his wanted words for a later, more suitable time, because he can hear just a little bit of fear in her voice. That scares him, too, because as skilled as he is, he is just a regular man when it comes down to it and Sam is wise enough to both know and easily accept this. It doesn’t cloud his judgement, like it probably would with most people.

“Oh, and you’re welcome, by the way.”

Bucky’s (super) stamina has her breathing already steadied by now, but she puffs out a laugh anyway, mainly, because his snootiness right now rivals even her own, and that’s just one more thing added to the list in her mind of “what-not-to-tell-Sam.”