Shield

She will put it down to the fact that she was more concerned over Sharon's wellbeing – maybe she is a people person after all (deep down on the inside, at least) – but Bucky doesn't notice Zemo creeping up just a few spaces behind her. She does, however, feel the very small breeze of air that comes when he lifts his arm, but she's too late to react and by the time she does, he's already fired his gun and her sensitive ears are suddenly ringing loudly.

"What did you do!?" Sam growls as Nagel's now lifeless body slips from his chair and slumps to the floor.

Zemo knows he will eat shit for this, too, but he throws Sam a smirk and gives Bucky a hard shove while she's still distracted with her hands over her ears.

"Son of a bitch!" Sam somehow catches Bucky, even before the supersoldier manages to right her own balance. "You good, Buck?"

His words sound slightly distorted, but Bucky nods through her wincing. "I'll heal. Go."

That little fucker, she thinks, he will pay for that (on top of everything else.)

Sam pulls away and darts off after Zemo and Bucky feels like an idiot because she misses the proximity. Even as her ears still painfully ring, she can't help the (stupid) feeling as she follows after him (like Alpine follows after her – ugh!) She's pathetic. She knows it.

When Bucky reaches the chaos of gunfire, she can finally hear her own voice as she says, "Wait for my signal." She cocks her gun, securing her own spot, Sharon to the left of her and Sam to the right, guns in both their hands as well. "OK... Go." She points to the left, seeing the best clear path to safety ahead.

Sharon tries to follow her, is confused though when Sam goes in the opposite direction and then a new kind of hell breaks fucking loose. The two of them bump into one another, glare at one another and then, both have a fucking meltdown. One that Sharon really doesn't have fucking time for!

"I thought you were going right!" Sam yells over the almost defeaning gunfire.

"I signalled left!" Bucky snaps back. "Why would I go right? Do you wanna die!?"

Sam scoffs, shoots her an incredulous look. He watches her dodge a bullet and fire a few rounds in return before she turns back to him with her (annoyingly adorable) scowl.

"How you've made it this far, I'll never know." Bucky shakes her head.

"Seriously, guys?" Sharon keeps her vantage point clear, for now. She could use the help of a certain two people standing right beside her, though.

"I'm sorry?" Sam fires back a few rounds, manages to hit a couple of marks before glaring back at her. "Who was it who saved whose ass from becoming roadkill just the other day?"

Bucky shoots him a glare right back, but before she gets to reply, Sharon rushes towards them both, grabs both their hands and yanks them both down with her. "Can you both please save your cute little couples therapy sessions for when we're not about to fucking die!? Thank you!"

She smiles sweetly, and Bucky huffs, but nods, as does Sam.

Sharon nods, too. "I'm out." She says, shoving the gun back into her holster.

"Shit. Me, too." Sam grumbles.

Bucky nods. "Same. I wasn't counting, thanks to someone."

Sam rolls his eyes when she shoots him a pointed look. Really, though, he wants to smile. He thinks he's getting good at hiding it; masking himself. Like she does with him so often, and he wishes she wouldn't.