Ready

[2 Days Later...]

When Sam talks to Torres while watching the news, he knows it's finally time to end all of this with Karli. He calls Bucky, like he said he would, and smiles when she's answers like she said she would and tells him she's ready when he is.

Sam pulls the suit on, for the second time, this time for real and not just for him to get a feel of the new material, like he did in the early hours of this morning. He's laughing and grinning when the kids see him all suited and booted (and shielded) and are pretty much wailing with excitement. He's smiling brightly, nodding gratefully at his sister, who hugs him and tells him to "go kick somebody's ass." He's then taking to the sky, because this suit can go so much faster than his Falcon suit ever did. He's grinning because in his head he is thanking both the Cyborg and the Princess as he tests how fast he can really go now. He bursts through the air, wind pressing against his cheeks, but he's shouting and wooping and laughing gleefully to himself as he flies, as he sores, as he fucking jets. He glances to the shield strapped to his back, grins and then goes even faster.

Sam arrives over New York in just under and hour, quickly flits over towards Brooklyn, smiles to himself for different reasons now as he nears her apartment building. He lands gracefully - another cool thing about the suit; it allows him to hover and manoeuvre a lot more accurately - on the walkway just outside, ignores the stares, though thankfully there aren't many people around. And Sam knows that's probably because there's a bigger commotion going on in the middle of New York City right now.

Sam makes his way into the building, quickly finds her door, taps on the window and waits. Instantly, he spots Alpine dashing towards him, smiles when she brushes herself along the door and hears her faintly meowing up at him. He glances up, sees Bucky walking from a dimly lit hallway and out into the living room, smiles automatically when his eyes meet hers and tries not to forget how to simply breathe when she smiles one of the brightest smiles he's ever seen on her.

"It's open." Bucky says, but she's still walking over, finds herself gravitating towards him. He nods, opens the door, steps in, closers the door and Bucky watches him do all that before he turns back to her and her breath is suddenly caught in her throat. He seems to be just as stuck on something as he just stares back at her, and Bucky somehow finds the ability to speak again because now she just feels awkward (and horny.) "Looks good on you." She nods to herself mainly, but doesn't see how what she actually says fucking helps her any.

"Yeah?"

Bucky sees him smirk slightly, but she manages not to glare (or scowl.) She simply nods, doesn't take the bait, but only to prove a point. Goddamn though, she thinks, he really does look good.

Ugh.

Sam chuckles, because she tries so hard, he can tell, and he's not letting it go so easily this time. They can work their way up at her pace, but Sam wants answers as he deviously grins at her, takes a small step closer and feels slightly guilty for ignoring Alpine as she continues to brush against his ankles and pull - paw - at his attention. He smiles slightly when Bucky doesn't move, only continues to stare at him.

"I'm kinda curious as to how you either knew or acquired my measurements."

He arches a brow, but Bucky grins and reminds him, "You already did that yourself when you let Shuri get her hands on your Falcon suit." She arches a brow back, smirks and adds, "You're slipping, Samuel. Captain America is supposed to be tactful. He's pretty much known for it."

Sam glares, pathetically, moves to stand right in front of her, smiles (pathetically) when she still doesn't move. He reaches a hand up to slip his goggles off, his eyes never leaving hers until he leans forward, presses his forehead to hers and presses his lids shut. He smiles softly when he feels her leaning back into him, sighing so quietly he almost doesn't hear it. He opens his eyes, almost forgets to breathe again when he sees her bright blues staring back at him with a look he can't quite describe.