Nice

"You sure about this?"

Alpine is strutting around between their legs as she follows them, with a confidence Bucky wishes she had right now.

Sam stops when Bucky stops, turns to look at her and smiles at the worried look on her face. "Am I sure about letting you have dinner?" He glances briefly to the house, smirks back at her when she rolls her eyes at him. "Buck, the people in this town - including my family - are literally the most welcoming people in the world, OK?" He takes a step, stands in front of her with a reassuring look. "They don't care if you're big and green, or bug-sized and annoying as shit, or a talking raccoon -"

"Who tries to buy metal arms off people who need them in the heat of a battle..."

Sam chuckles, remembers Steve telling him about that. He continues, trying to make his point. "They don't even care if you have a metal arm and a resting "don't fuck with me" face..."

Bucky narrows her eyes, but can't help laughing a little. "OK, alright, I get it - people are nice."

"Exactly. Believe it or not, not everyone you know is trying to kill you." Sam smiles fondly as he remembers telling Steve and Nat the same thing, that very day he pledged his own loyalty to the Cap.

"...Anymore."

Sam shoots her a withering look, shakes his head as he practically whines, "Stop."

Bucky simply grins and follows him as he swiftly turns and walks the rest of the way to his house.

"Oh, and no more flirting with my sister, or I'll get Carlos to cut you up and feed you to the damn fish. And then I'll feed the damn fish to your cat." Sam pauses again, just feet from the porch now.

Bucky holds off on another grin as Alpine brushes up against her right leg. "I told you," She bends down, lifts the furball into her arms and smiles back at Sam. "I was just being friendly."

Sam rolls his eyes again, and Bucky is still grinning as he turns again, and she again follows.

"Sam? That you?"

"Yeah." Sam calls back to his sister. He then closes the front door behind them and motions for Bucky to follow him. He leads her through the living room and over to the open kitchen.

Bucky briefly glances towards the shield - covered in its case, leaning up against one of the small couches - smiles to herself, knows it's finally right where it belongs. She follows Sam over to where his sister is sitting at the counter with her phone in one hand and a glass of half drunk red wine in the other.

"Kids in bed?" Sam asks out of habit. He walks over, places a quick kiss on top of her head.

"Can't you tell?" Sarah lifts up her wine glass, motions towards the bottle placed on the counter beside her.

Sam chuckles. "You two have met already." He tries not to glare when Bucky slaps on that salacious little grin of hers.

OK, maybe he's a little jealous. Clearly, Bucky is just an opportunistic little flirt. That's not the problem... There's no problem, per say, he's just being a prissy little bitch, he tells himself. It's just flirting. It's stupid... He's stupid.

Sarah doesn't make things any better for her brother as she feels her cheeks flaming again. Somehow, she manages not to stumble over her stupid tongue this time. "Right. Bucky..."

Sam lets out a little huff and turns away from them both. If he has to listen to them, he might as well get something to eat for himself and for Bucky while he's at it.

"Hi, Sarah."

As he fetches a couple of plates from the cupboard, Sam silently mimics the supersoldier before he can even think about how he's behaving. What the fuck has she done to him?