Petty

Bucky doesn't know where the hell they are, all she knows is that it's some fancy but (another) rundown and abandoned building. Her eyes quickly take her surroundings in, the soldier in her taking in all possible escapes and (creative) choice of weapons. Weapons that won't annihilate the insides of her enemies with just a single vibranium punch. Her eyes then immediately dart over to Sam when he comes in through the main entrance. Walker is right beside him and Bucky is really not happy about that (the most.)

Two Flags Smashers suddenly jump down from the wooden beams above and land either side of Sam and Walker. However, before Bucky can help them – well, help Sam – another Flag bolts out of the door she'd entered through and straight towards her.

John scoffs, instantly tosses the shield and smirks triumphantly as he watches it smash into the legs of the Flag attacking Sam and then ricochets from the wall, and then smashes into the back of the one attacking him. He catches the shield effortlessly as it sails back to him, and Bucky notices from her peripherals – but one problem, she thinks, at a fucking time!

Sam manages to block most of the hits and even manages to get in some of his own, and Bucky flicks her eyes over to him whenever she can to make sure he's "good."

John, on the other hand, is easily beating the shit out of his own assailant, he's even making the ex Winter Soldier look less impressive – or so he believes, no one can fucking stop him now. "What's with all the fucking knives!? What – you idiots think you're fucking ninjas, or something!?" He scoffs louder, his voice filled with furious annoyance.

Sam ignores him because he's trying not to get stabbed in the face with "all the fucking knives."

Bucky shoves the Flag roughly and he skids back, then goes in for another attack. He leaps clear over her head, but she's waiting for him when he lands and sends a hard side kick to his chest. He goes flying back a few meters, but much to her annoyance, manages to right himself mid-air and lands back onto his feet. He pulls out a small knife and instantly throws it, and Bucky just about manages to pull her face out of the line of fire. She feels it whiz passed her nose and just as instantly catches it with her flesh hand.

Bucky glares over at him, sees him pulling out another knife as he charges at her again. Bucky almost scoffs, instead smirks a little – because knives were always her favourite, even before she was the Winter Soldier and back when she was just Sargeant Barnes the "Master Sniper" (as the boys of the Howling Commandos used to dub her.) She had always loved being a sniper, she was excellent at it right from the very start, but it had always left her feeling a little guilty – it has been said that snipers are just cowards of war. Then again, the more confident part of her had always told her that it's no one else's fault but their own if the enemy cannot protect itself.

Bucky turns to face the Flag, the blade twirling easily through her fingers – just like she remembers herself doing so that very first time the Winter Soldier had ever fought Captain America; had ever fought Steve. Though, this time Bucky feels her own pure anger and not just the filthy anger that HYDRA put inside of her for so very long. This time there's no voice in the back of her mind, her voice, telling the Winter Soldier to stop fighting, to stop fighting her friend. This time, it's Bucky that wants to fight more than the Winter Soldier and right now, she is totally OK with that.

The Flag rushes at her, slashes at her, and Bucky manages to easily block every one of his attempts with her metal arm, sparks flying off of it from the hard clashes. "...Shallow cuts..." The Winter Soldier whispers, reminds her of the trick (one of many they have learned) and Bucky actually listens to her, because she's actually being fucking helpful for once.

He flips towards her, and Bucky knows it's more for show, a distraction, and before he gets close enough, she slices the knife through his left shoulder and he stumbles back, lands on his stupid ass in front of her with a heavy grunt. When he glares up at her, Bucky smirks down at him before sending a hard kick to his chest and watching him slide across the dusty marble floor. He smashes into the bottom of a nearby stone white pillar, growls angrily as he hauls himself back up to his feet. He cracks his neck and rolls his shoulders while Bucky waits patiently for him to come to her. He doesn't disappoint, he's quickly charging for her and Bucky easily catches his wrist in her metal hand, then slices the knife across his chest and once more down his entire abdomen, finishing with a hard upper-cut to his chin.