Marvin Gaye

Bucky has never been the type of person to be impressed overs vehicles, but she has always been fascinated by technology. She had marvelled over her Wakandan arm once it had been fitted to her, just as she had marvelled over Howard Stark’s ‘World’s Fair’ back in the 40s. Still, she has to admit that this collection – ranging from all different types and decades – is rather impressive. She quietly stalks around as Zemo moves over to the furthest wall to flip the switch on, and takes the car’s every detail in properly with the new light given as she passes each one.

“So, our first move is grand theft auto?” Sam scoffs as he adds, “In that case, don’t ask the black guy to drive for you.”

Bucky would smile in amusement at his (sarcastic) comment, but in that moment she’s just reminded of ‘Officer Racist’ glaring with disgust at Sam. Though, she stays silent, instead, to keep her anger from bubbling over and continues to look around.

“They all belong to me.” Zemo can’t help smiling smugly when Sam arches a brow at him, looking slightly surprised by that new information. He thinks it’s adorable (rather typical, and definitely cliché) that the “heroes” always seem to assume that all their “villainous foes” are just petty criminals. “Through the generations, my family have been collecting them.”

He says it like it actually explains anything, but Sam doesn’t bother with any follow-up questions; isn’t that curious.

Zemo doesn’t seem to care if he is listening, because he definitely knows they’ll both listen to what he has to say next – “I spent years hunting down the people HYDRA recruited to recreate the serum Erskine gave to your friend.” He’s careful not to say Steve’s name – is just another thing he will save for later, better use – as his eyes flicker briefly from Sam to Bucky. “Because once it is out there, someone – anyone smart enough, really – could create an army of people...” He smirks pointedly when Sam scowls at him, and adds, “Like the Avengers.”

Bucky shakes her head to herself, knows that he’s just trying to get to them; get a reaction out of them, any way he can. She just hopes that Sam is able to keep a lid on things – like she’s forcing herself to right now as she slowly shuffles over to stand beside Sam.

Zemo glances between them both and continues, “I ended the Winter Soldier Program once before.” He shoots them both a serious look, wants them to know – “I have no intention of leaving my work unfinished.”

Bucky gives a slight nod, Sam says nothing. Bucky almost wants to laugh, because she must really be rubbing off on Sam, because he’s just staring and glaring at Zemo.

Zemo doesn’t seem to notice, or doesn’t care as he says, “To do this, we must first scale a ladder of lowlifes.”

“Sure. Join the party. We’ve already started.” Sam says as both he and Bucky follow Zemo to the opposite wall.

Zemo smiles to himself. “Our first stop is a woman named Selby. Mid-level fence I still have a line on.” He glances back over his shoulder to them as he says, “From there, we climb.”

[A Few Hours Later.]

Sam has a bad feeling about all of this. And that’s on top of the bad feeling he already has about all of this. He hopes he’s just being overly wary – as the Falcon (or as an Avenger) should be – but he’s always terribly right and that just makes the feeling all the worse.

In between them following Zemo and him finding out the damn guy is (or was) a rich-ass Baron, it doesn’t go unnoticed by Sam that Bucky has barely said a word since the meeting point of Zemo’s escape. Or any words at all, really. He wants to ask if she’s OK, but doesn’t want to put her on the spot for anything (painful) while they have company. He knows that she’s strong, both outside and in, of course she is, after all she’s been through – she’s still managed to find who she really is again. And he knows she’s not insane, even if he does like to tease her, he’s always been a little bit in awe of how she was able to regain her own mind and not come out the other end scarred beyond recognition.