Original

"They're gonna make a move soon. Be ready, ladies." Sam knows he probably jinxed the situation by saying those words, because immediately after he says them, he can hear small explosions and rapid gunfire.

"I think they're making a move now. Cap."

Sam is rolling his eyes at Bucky, but amused and grinning all the same. "Yes, thank you, Bucky. You're so helpful."

"I try."

"Ugh. Get a room, you two."

"Maybe later."

"Not helpful." Sam just knows she's grinning into the silence that follows.

Sam circles back to the building, his goggles scanning for the threat. He takes a deep breath and doesn't waste another second, charges through the air, straight towards the thick glass. He pulls the shield from his back and tosses it towards the window, cracks a small smile when the force is enough to plow through the glass. Through the hole in the glass, he can see the shield smacking into one of the Flags, knocking him to the ground just as Sam follows after it and crashes through the rest of the window. He catches the shield just as it flies back to him, tucks and rolls into the building and up onto his feet before his wings fold in.

Sam takes the scene in - red lighting dimming the large conference room, cracked monitor screens lining the back wall, chairs shrewn about, but most importantly, the people panicking and staring between him and their capture. Sam quickly stalks over to the Flag, still groaning in pain on the ground. He kneels down, takes the mask from the Flag's face and raises the shield in defence, just in case. He can see the guy isn't getting up for the minute at least and rises to his feet, slapping the shield back to his back.

Sam glances around again, takes in all the details and any he may have missed. "Bucky, Sharon, what's going on your end?"

"Nothing. All quiet." Bucky answers first.

"Same. For now." Sharon follows, followed by a quiet huff.

"I'm sorry, who are you, exactly?"

Sam ignores the man's rather snooty tone, instead stands tall and finally says it out loud, "I'm Captain America."

And Sam will never know that Bucky is smiling to herself as she hears him say it...

The man looks more confused than anything then. "I thought Captain America was on the moon."

Sam fights the urge to roll his eyes as he walks passed the idiot, but can't help smirking to himself when he hears Bucky again.

"The moon? Wow. People really will believe anything."

Sam's pretty sure Fury is - was? - still is? - on the moon, but he saves that conversation for a more appropriate time.

Sharon pipes up again, this time sounding somewhat concerned. "No one's making any moves towards the building."

"Shit." Sam whispers, doesn't want to alarm the crowds any more than they already are. "Karli isn't coming in, she's trying to force everybody out."

"We already split up." Bucky tells him. "Stay in touch." She tells them both.

A couple of the members of the crowd try to take charge then and entire fucking chaos descends upon the room. The makeshift leaders try to get the rest of the crowd to flock towards the exits, and then Sam briefly watches as arguments break out and they all try to take charge at once.

Sam rolls his eyes this time, because typical of people like this - people in power. He tries not to take it so personally, because he knows it comes as easy to them as flying does to him (as kissing Bucky does...) He quickly puts a stop to those kind of thoughts, just as quickly pulls his focus back and moves towards the nearest person who focuses enough to actually listen to anyone else other than themselves.