Nope [P.2]

"OK..."

Just one hour later, they're back on the top deck, taking a quick water break. And while Bucky watches him with silent amusement, Sam is just confused as he tries to concentrate on counting. Though, it's kind of hard when he's also just trying not to think about how close Bucky is sitting right now.

"There should be a 316s bolt that goes in the big gear."

Bucky delays her response just to keep herself from laughing at the poor guy. She purses her lips and somehow pulls on a straight face when he turns to look at her, still waiting for her response. "Nope." She says simply, only to keep from the temptation of teasing his clueless ass.

Sam is scowling at her then. "What'd you mean nope? You didn't even look."

Bucky shrugs, this time does laugh a little. "I didn't have to." She says, makes a point by not so much as glancing over at the set of bolts laid out in front of him.

Sam narrows his eyes slightly, goes to answer, but Sarah is suddenly storming down the docks with a long line of her "real helpers" - as she calls them, just to spite him - following behind her. He can see she's also sporting her usual scowl (just for him), one that he swears almost rivals Bucky's.

"Nope," Sarah marches over, stands in front of her brother and finally manages to keep from blushing in the presence of a certain supersoldier. "No, no, and nope."

Sam scowls back up at her.

Bucky gives her a small, but equally bright smile. "Hi, Sarah." She lifts her flesh hand, gives a small wave and is absolutely well aware of Sam glaring at her, can feel his eyes on her, can see his eyes narrowed from the corners of her own.

Sarah laughs a little breathlessly as her eyes flit to the older woman. "Hi, Bucky."

Sam rolls his eyes.

Bucky purses her lips slightly, somehow manages to hide her grin.

Sarah is then quickly scowling back down at her brother, practically scalding him like their father used to as she says, "I told you that the water-pump wasn't the problem and yet here you are." She arches a brow, hopes for a good explanation, but doubts she'll get one. Typical.

"Yeah, Samuel." Bucky shoots him a look that says he should know better, even has the nerve to tut at him and shake her head.

Sam shoots her a look of disbelief, then shoots her a brief glare when she's grinning to herself without even looking at him. He huffs quietly, turns back to his sister and then attempts to dig himself out of this grave. "In our defence, we were supposed to be done here long before you found us."

Sarah doesn't look impressed.

Sam sees Bucky wearing almost the same expression when she turns to face him and arches a brow and shoots him a look that has him hearing her voice in his head saying, "We? No, you." He's then trying not to smirk, but that's only because Sarah is scoffing down at him, still scowling down at him.

He doesn't know how it's even possible, but Sarah looks even more unimpressed as she says, "I don't come up to the sky and tell you how to barrel-roll or whatever, so don't be coming down here and messing around with things you clearly don't understand." She arches a brow again, but this time it's to tell him that this is the end of their "discussion."

Sam looks up at his sister in disbelief then. "Wow." He breathes, glances to Bucky and sees her trying not to laugh, shakes his head and says, "Just, wow."

Bucky definitely likes this woman, she thinks. She's got more sass than even her brother.

Sarah grins sweetly down at him then. "Bye-bye, now." She chirps, raising a hand to wiggle her fingers in a little (patronising) wave.