Wait

[8 Years Ago.]

"This thing turns invisible? This... awesome... All of this... is awesome!" Scott's overly excited, more amazed than Bucky was when she first found out (just an hour ago) herself.

T'Challa (ever in his grace, but also in his gratitude and to his honourable words) had Nomble and Yama fly out in one of the Talon Fighters and they'd found them after only an hour later of waiting in the snow. Bucky had been almost as amazed with the smaller aircraft as she had been with the King's, and the two members of the Dora Milaje politely introduced themselves with the following orders that they would pilot for the Captain and his friends, but nothing more. Steve was obviously more than grateful and understanding and agreed without any hesitation.

When they get to the Raft, Nomble has already rendered the craft invisible to both the naked eye and (because of advanced Wakandan technology) to any man-made radars. Minutes before that, Steve's trying to reassure Bucky that this isn't all for nothing and that he would do it over and over again if it meant having her back, and far, far away from HYDRA.

"Like I've told you countless times before, and like you told me in the first place; I'm with you 'til the end of the line." He gives her that terribly adorable boyish smile that Bucky always adored just as much and before she can even open her mouth, he's already diving out of the craft and into the night and its dark oceans.

Bucky feels useless, she knows she could still help, but doesn't know if she'll be able to swim with just the one fucking arm. At least it doesn't hurt. Tony got her just under her shoulder, and now that the metal has been destroyed, thankfully there's no pain, because the mechanics have been fried with along it. She knows HYDRA had to put the pain receptors in the arm so that she could report any internal damage to them. But it still never made the pain suck any less. It felt as real as any other pain.

She doesn't know how long she's lost in her thoughts, but it must be pretty long, because she's finally pulled out of them by the sounds of people.

Well, more people.

Not like the two Dora Milaje are any more talkative than Bucky...

Bucky glances up and her eyes widen and for the third time this night she is utterly amazed by what she sees...

Both Wanda's hands glow with the same red whispy mist that encircles her friends either side of her. They all float up into the cabin, Wanda staying aloft as she gently places the Captain on his feet first. Sam follows with Clint and then finally a fidgeting Scott before Wanda herself lands gracefully. The door pulls shut behind them all and the craft is quickly moving once again.

Bucky watches the red mist - magic(?) - slowly disperse, Wanda's hands being the last place it disappears from and the supersoldier's more curious now than amazed. Ironically, Bucky thinks, Wanda glances with amazement at her surroundings when she looks like she suddenly realises where she is.

The group all share their hugs, some giving Bucky a wave and Sam actually walks over to her, surprisingly. "You good, Barnes?" He actually looks like he cares to know and that surprises her, too.

"I'm really sorry about all of this." Bucky may find this man slightly grating - and OK, maybe she's (a little) jealous that Steve seems to have a new best friend - but she wants him to know that she's not ungrateful. Even if he helped her for Steve's sake, she wants him to know the Winter Soldier is far from who she really is.